Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Signings and Departures 2017 - 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

    Something extra intimidating about a lock with long hair and a beard that makes them extra scary, and makes you wonder why more don't try it. Then again I suppose spending half your day with your between props' arses isn't conducive to hair growth.
    Think Snyman doesn’t grow the hair and beard to look like a ferocious savage. I think he has it because he is a ferocious savage.

    A nice smiley fella like Kleyn just can’t pull off that look.

    Can you imagine Dev?

    Comment


      Jawy, Don't ask this, refs are the last men on the pitch to let the rule be applied. I have more and more the feeling they think about themselves and what can be said about them than they take care about the players' health.
      The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

      Comment


        I heard the BT commentators say during the Saracens game yesterday that Matt Gallagher is being linked with a loan move to Bath next season. May be mistaken but did someone say that he had already signed for Munster?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
          I heard the BT commentators say during the Saracens game yesterday that Matt Gallagher is being linked with a loan move to Bath next season. May be mistaken but did someone say that he had already signed for Munster?
          If they did they were wrong.
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

          Comment


            https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/dome...att-gallagher/

            Comment


              Quite possible they’re talking but the “talks at an advanced stage” and “Munster keen to take him” stuff all sounds a bit like kite flying by his agent.

              Will wait until it’s mentioned somewhere a bit more reliable. Not sure I see the logic, especially given the contracts signed by Goggin and Coombes yesterday.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

                Quite possible they’re talking but the “talks at an advanced stage” and “Munster keen to take him” stuff all sounds a bit like kite flying by his agent.

                Will wait until it’s mentioned somewhere a bit more reliable. Not sure I see the logic, especially given the contracts signed by Goggin and Coombes yesterday.
                I think it’s pretty reliable info.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

                  I think it’s pretty reliable info.
                  You tend to be in the know, so I’ll take that as a much more reliable indicator.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

                    You tend to be in the know, so I’ll take that as a much more reliable indicator.
                    Me too- but having read some other stories in that particular paper I’d take it with a ton of salt otherwise. Seems somewhat surplus to requirements, With Haley, unless one or other is going to be a regular international.

                    Comment


                      https://www.rugbypass.com/news/drew-...-set-for-talks

                      Zebo's move further abroad, as opposed to home, starting to look increasingly likely.
                      'twas wicked yousir!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Surveyor View Post
                        https://www.rugbypass.com/news/drew-...-set-for-talks

                        Zebo's move further abroad, as opposed to home, starting to look increasingly likely.
                        Kind of makes sense. He's not going to come back to Ireland as he is 30 and the IRFU are not going to give him a central contract as they have options on the wing. Racing will probably have offered him a deal, while lucrative, will reflect a 30 year old. Out here he would be a marquee signing and live in New York which has it's appeal. RUNY must have some money if they can afford Basteraud, although I hear a lot of his contract was subsidized by Red Bull.

                        His agent could just be flying a kite too.

                        Comment


                          Should Munster try to sign Ian Madigan for next year? I do not expect Blyendaal to sign an extension. That leaves us with JJ and Carbery and Healy. The recent situation showed that we could do with an extra flyhalf but he would be blocking Healy\s progression.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                            Should Munster try to sign Ian Madigan for next year? I do not expect Blyendaal to sign an extension. That leaves us with JJ and Carbery and Healy. The recent situation showed that we could do with an extra flyhalf but he would be blocking Healy\s progression.
                            Also Jake Flannery.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                              Should Munster try to sign Ian Madigan for next year? I do not expect Blyendaal to sign an extension. That leaves us with JJ and Carbery and Healy. The recent situation showed that we could do with an extra flyhalf but he would be blocking Healy\s progression.
                              If they are serious about winning some silverware in the next two seasons with the core of this team pushing or being over 30 I'd say go for it b/c Madigan is a quality player, reliable goal kicker and can cover multiple spots on the pitch. Healy and Flannery are young, can either one step into a starting role in case of injury or Ireland duty taking one of the other guys away from the team ? We'll know more about that at the end of this season provided Healy gets some serious pro14 minutes, which I'm guessing he will.

                              The pessimist in me doesn't include Carbery in any long term planning, hate to say it, but it is true at this stage (I hope this changes), so Madigan would make some sense for a team looking for experienced depth in the short term while still giving the youngsters good minutes.

                              Comment


                                I think Madigan is 3rd choice at Bristol. As well as Carbery, Tyler, JJ, Healy and Flannery, theres Jack Crowley who looks like he will be the 10 for the Ireland U20s.


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X