New Signings and Departures 2017 - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
    ‘Confirmed’ on RTÉ site, anyway. Plus Paddy Butler and Peter McCabe (prop) are back with the squad
    Confirmed by Munster
    https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/09/...ort-term-deal/

"If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
    Will Greenwood

Comment

The best part of his signing is the collective meltdown leinsterfans are going to have about it.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
        The best part of his signing is the collective meltdown leinsterfans are going to have about it.
        Already seen it start.
        Babbling Brook right now:
        Last edited by Captain Fantastic; 9th-September-2019, 14:31.
        "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
        Will Greenwood

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
          ‘Confirmed’ on RTÉ site, anyway. Plus Paddy Butler and Peter McCabe (prop) are back with the squad
          That is something I like to see. There's something poetic about a guy coming back and getting a chance to prove (hopefully) that we underestimated them.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
            Not too happy about the signing but that is definitely a silver lining.

Welcome Jed, may your long shadow always fall on a D4 picnic.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post

Already seen it start.
              Babbling Brook right now:
              I may be blind to it because of my fandom but that Munster thread on Babbling Brook is unbelievably toxic. It's weird because, living in Dublin, many of my friends are Leinster fans and I've rarely come across people like that IRL.

Comment

I'm not really sure what Butler will add to the squad. He never set the world on fire here and there are some better prospects coming through.
                When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                  I'm not really sure what Butler will add to the squad. He never set the world on fire here and there are some better prospects coming through.
                  Has he has been actually added to the squad? The wording here is a but odd.

Originally posted by Munster Rugby View Post
                  In other squad news, former Munster players Paddy Butler (back row) and Peter McCabe (prop) are the latest to join the pre-season training group.
                  It makes it sound like they're only training with the squad, but don't actually have any contracts.

Comment

It goes without saying that anything which upsets the bloo ultras can't be all bad. That said, I'd honestly rather see Wycherley, O'Connor, Coombes et al featuring as regular starters for these three months than bringing in a guy for short term gains.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                      It goes without saying that anything which upsets the bloo ultras can't be all bad. That said, I'd honestly rather see Wycherley, O'Connor, Coombes et al featuring as regular starters for these three months than bringing in a guy for short term gains.
                      Same, any time not spent developing those players is time wasted in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by timbot View Post

I may be blind to it because of my fandom but that Munster thread on Babbling Brook is unbelievably toxic. It's weird because, living in Dublin, many of my friends are Leinster fans and I've rarely come across people like that IRL.
                        The title of the munster thread on that site sums up the cesspool that is the brook.
                        Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020"

(Of the leinster fans I've met in real life,most have been sound in fairness).
                        Will Greenwood

Comment

The addition of both players is surely a benefit to add experience, numbers in training and in case of injury players are up to speed. Do we have 4 locks capable of playing without Jay?

Im sure the powers that be see the internationals being away as a big opportunity for all the provinces to test their depth, but we have lost both second rows to the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post

The title of the munster thread on that site sums up the cesspool that is the brook.
                            Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020"

(Of the leinster fans I've met in real life,most have been sound in fairness).
                            Their foooking academy just beat Canada

Canada! a RWC team!!

What have they to be griping about? too busy giving out to see whats in front of their scorfs and noses
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Nothing against Jed Holloway, he is a solid player, but the way things are going it'll be a long-time before we win a Heniken cup again. There seems to be little or no long-term vision by the Munster coaches or anybody involved with the province. Coombes, Wycherley and O'Connor can all play in that flanker/second-row positions, but apparently beating second-string Welsh teams is more important than developing future Irish Internationals. Assuming Cloete, Botha, O'Donoguhe, O'Donnell and Oliver are the back-row options during the rwc and Holland, O'Shea, Wycherley and Holloway are the second-row options, when exactly are Coombes, O'Connor, Hodnett and O'Sullivan meant to be getting game time? If they are lucky, maybe two of the 5 back-row options ahead of them in the pecking order will get injured and one of the options might get 30 minutes off the bench. This will be the extent of senior game time they will get throughout the year. Some serious player development there. I think all of Coombes, O'Connor, Hodnett and O'Sullivan will have to leave Munster if they want to see consistent game time within the next 4 years.

Comment

Not happy with this signing at all ,we have enough emerging talent in our academy and A squad to cover.
                                references to leinsterfans reactions etc are of no interest to me, what concerns me is we are not giving opportunity to players in the absence of front lines during the world cup.
                                short term signing with perhaps long term consequences, it causes discord in the camp.
                                Players would have been busting a gut to make an impact ,seeing the world cup absence of front lines as an opportunity to show what they are capable of at pro 14 level.
                                maybe I am over reacting and he will be the one covering from the bench while academy players get their chance, hope that is the case .
                                Still there's a light I hold before me
                                You're the measure of my dreams
                                The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Working...
                                X