New Signings and Departures 2017 - 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I don’t think he is ‘totally out of favour’- just a choice of horses for courses- and not necessarily the right one (as things turned out). We went for bulk/power runners, hence Botha starting and JOD on the bench. Unfortunately that sacrificed possession we might have turned over with Cloete. I was think the other day that it seemed quite a while since our jackeling was winning regular turnovers/penalties.

That’s not to deny the overall point about NIQ needing to be nailed on starters.
    If it was ‘horses for courses’ we picked steeplechasers for a flat race.

Comment

Originally posted by rua13 View Post
      "I'm happy enough seeing only McCarthy coming next season. It's coaching that's needed. There are also plenty of fringe players waiting for an opportunity."

Coaching and a more suitable game plan. We do not have the pack to play the way we are playing against Saracens. We saw that two years ago in Dublin and more or less a mirror image in Coventry. Kicking the ball back to the likes of Liam Williams. Absolutely pointless.
      I agree with this but the ‘only one new player coming in’ thing has been sold as a problem instead of an opportunity. The announcement should have been along the lines of ‘We are very happy with our squad, with our up and coming young players and we look forward to developing the best game-plans with our new coaches and senior leaders to use these men most effectively for Munster’..or at least something positive like that.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Strong words. If Murray's game is off, Joe, who has lost his own shiny image will pick Cooney but hopefully the boul Conor will be back.

Not a great year for quite a few Irish stars....just as we all thought they were world beaters.
        Joe doesn’t show a strong propensity for dropping favourites, and he gave very little game time to Cooney

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

If it was ‘horses for courses’ we picked steeplechasers for a flat race.
          Or race horses instead of show jumpers

Comment

Nucifora is re-signing so the present system of 'province-hopping' for game time for young pros will persist.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
              Nucifora is re-signing so the present system of 'province-hopping' for game time for young pros will persist.
              Good
              When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                It needs to be this way. Leinster were doing most of the moaning about this and rightly so, but it will affect all of the provinces in time. guys will move to advance their careers and get paid, its that simple. in the past, yeah you'd stay b/c you loved playing for your province, but now the potential money if you play well is just too good to pass up.

Comment

Sometime Scoreboard operator at TP, podcaster and kit man Maurice Hartery has been appointed general manager at Northampton Saints.
                  A great opportunity for Moose.
                  We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                  Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack the Knife View Post
                    Sometime Scoreboard operator at TP, podcaster and kit man Maurice Hartery has been appointed general manager at Northampton Saints.
                    A great opportunity for Moose.
                    Is this the event that blade promised us would shake us to the roots?

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Is this the event that blade promised us would shake us to the roots?
                      John Bercow may be looking for a job soon, seems like a similar role and it might shake things up.
                      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

John Bercow may be looking for a job soon, seems like a similar role and it might shake things up.
                        Prawn sandwich brigade bad enough, but do we really want some guy who spends his time shouting for hors d’oeuvres hors d’oeuvres? Is t that more of a d4 thing?

Comment

https://twitter.com/Munsterrugby/sta...919985154?s=19

Gareth fitzgerald to step down as ceo in june
                          Still there's a light I hold before me
                          You're the measure of my dreams
                          The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
                            Jonny is a bit behind the times there, The squads already been well trimmed.
                            I’m guessing the pressure was applied to get them to cut some of the older lads whose careers have stalled, forcing them to rely more on the young lads.

We have some really good prospects coming through and we need to give them games. The away win in Treviso showed what some of them were made of - a great performance from a young team.

Comment

Working...
                            X