Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Signings and Departures 2017 - 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Not surprising but

    https://www.the42.ie/jaco-taute-muns...02358-Apr2019/

    Comment


      Click image for larger version

Name:	760D0A1C-3E1C-421E-84C2-BCB4D8CF1377.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	2567134 Pretty gutted to see him go but it was probably inevitable. I don’t think he will ever fully know how much of an impact he had in his first season and how much he meant to the supporters. I can’t think of any player who had such an instant impact in such a short space of time, he just got us. He was massive for us in a truly awful time. I really hope we get to give him a send off he deserves.
      The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

      Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

      The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

      Comment


        Ms Piquet misread the headline and thought he had gone to Leinster.

        Disgusted didn't come even close. She reread the headline and is fine now.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	760D0A1C-3E1C-421E-84C2-BCB4D8CF1377.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	2567134 Pretty gutted to see him go but it was probably inevitable. I don’t think he will ever fully know how much of an impact he had in his first season and how much he meant to the supporters. I can’t think of any player who had such an instant impact in such a short space of time, he just got us. He was massive for us in a truly awful time. I really hope we get to give him a send off he deserves.
          It's probably the one thing at Munster that disappoints me, not giving players a send off.
          Jaco hasn't been with us long but he did make a huge and immediate impact.
          The opportunity for supporters to show their appreciation is missing here.
          I remember when CC and Trevor left and they weren't even brought onto the pitch so we could salute them.
          I obviously tracked them down but that is by the by.
          PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Babs (was bthequin) View Post
            ...... is missing here.
            I remember when CC and Trevor left and they weren't even brought onto the pitch so we could salute them.
            I obviously tracked them down but that is by the by.
            Jesus Babs. Can you let them go from your basement please? There's people been out looking for them
            Hibernicis natione, Mumhan per gratiam Dei

            Comment


              Sad to see him leave, but not really a surprise. Seemed to always give his all, and bought into the spirt of the squad very quickly. But with Scannell, Farrell, Goggin and Arnold, hard to fit them all in. Or justify a NIQ player.
              "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

              Comment


                After his injury never seemed to get back to.his best and he seemed to fall down the pecking order. He took a lot of criticism for the game in Cardiff - I think he was just back from injury and Cardiff's midfield tore Munster to pieces.
                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Babs (was bthequin) View Post

                  It's probably the one thing at Munster that disappoints me, not giving players a send off.
                  Jaco hasn't been with us long but he did make a huge and immediate impact.
                  The opportunity for supporters to show their appreciation is missing here.
                  I remember when CC and Trevor left and they weren't even brought onto the pitch so we could salute them.
                  I obviously tracked them down but that is by the by.
                  Maybe you should put something in writing to MR and the MRSC suggesting it Babs? They might listen to you.
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

                  Comment


                    Duncan Williams,Mike Sherry, James Hart + Dave O Callaghan all leaving...............https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/05/03/d...ers-confirmed/
                    "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
                    Will Greenwood

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post
                      Duncan Williams,Mike Sherry, James Hart + Dave O Callaghan all leaving...............https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/05/03/d...ers-confirmed/
                      No surprises there really. I know that Hart & DOC 2 were rumored to be going to Biarritz but I don't know if that was made definite and is Sherry going to stay on at Gloucester. is it safe to assume Williams is retiring (based solely on his age)?

                      Comment


                        Sorry to see them go but understandable.

                        Duncan Williams: Sometimes people forget that his first game for Munster was in 2008 and have stayed with us for 11 years. With the current stock of scrumhalfs I understand that he goes. Will be interesting where he goes at the age of 33. Maybe D2?

                        Mike Sherry: Very unlucky with injuries. His loan to Gloucester was already a sign. With our stock of Hookers I understand that he goes. Plenty of clubs in Europe that could use his services.

                        James Hart: Never succeeded with us. Expect him to return to France where he's held in high regard.

                        DoC Has never let us down. Bit unlucky with injuries. Understand if he wants more game time. Any club will be lucky to have him. With 29 still some good years left.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by barryfitz87 View Post

                          No surprises there really. I know that Hart & DOC 2 were rumored to be going to Biarritz but I don't know if that was made definite and is Sherry going to stay on at Gloucester. is it safe to assume Williams is retiring (based solely on his age)?
                          If Duncan would retire I would have expected Munster to say so.

                          Comment


                            I'd love to know how much we've saved on our wage budget........to date we've ROM,DOC,Taute,Duncan,Sherry,Hart & Alby (going after the RWC) leaving
                            "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
                            Will Greenwood

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

                              If Duncan would retire I would have expected Munster to say so.
                              True enough.

                              Comment


                                I wonder if this means we might extend Alby's contract again.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X