Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Darren O'Shea reminds me of Mushy too often tbh
    Yup- immense physical advantages which are less than the sum of the parts- just as the opposite may turn out to be true of SOC, who seems to have that bit of Donnacha Ryan about him.

Comment

I'd give my left bollock to have Donnacha Ryan back at the Province.

Comment

Originally posted by MOS View Post
        I'd give my left bollock to have Donnacha Ryan back at the Province.
        OK. I'd give both of yours plus your right leg.

Comment

Interesting interview with Trevor Brennan in the IT today.

Says his son Danny (the French U20 prop) had an offer from us but chose Montpellier. But what really caught my eye was his description of the younger brother Josh:

“I think he should have been born 20 years ago. He plays old-school rugby like me...He loves being physical, He loves hitting rucks, being in the mauls. I was six-foot-four and my playing weight was 108 kilos; he’s already 110 kilos and he’s six-foot-six. He’s a carbon copy of me, but better. I’d be the first to say it. He can pass the ball. He’s brilliant in the air and he’s mobile. Not to say I was the worst player in the world, but it would be like me coming up through Barnhall compared to Brian O’Driscoll coming through Blackrock College. Josh has been in Stade Toulousain for the last seven years. Josh would be a more skilful, intelligent secondrow.

You’d swear Daniel had been dragged out of the Liberties with his Dublin accent, whereas Josh has a Limerick accent from family summer holidays on Peter Clohessy’s farm. It’s the funniest thing ever.”

We need to sign this lad immediately!

Comment

Would be nice to see a bit of flow in the other direction, seven years at ST and a dad/ older brother doing very well would be a handy enough growing up.

Comment

Working...
            X