Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Darren O'Shea reminds me of Mushy too often tbh
    Yup- immense physical advantages which are less than the sum of the parts- just as the opposite may turn out to be true of SOC, who seems to have that bit of Donnacha Ryan about him.

Comment

I'd give my left bollock to have Donnacha Ryan back at the Province.

Comment

Originally posted by MOS View Post
        I'd give my left bollock to have Donnacha Ryan back at the Province.
        OK. I'd give both of yours plus your right leg.

Comment

Interesting interview with Trevor Brennan in the IT today.

Says his son Danny (the French U20 prop) had an offer from us but chose Montpellier. But what really caught my eye was his description of the younger brother Josh:

“I think he should have been born 20 years ago. He plays old-school rugby like me...He loves being physical, He loves hitting rucks, being in the mauls. I was six-foot-four and my playing weight was 108 kilos; he’s already 110 kilos and he’s six-foot-six. He’s a carbon copy of me, but better. I’d be the first to say it. He can pass the ball. He’s brilliant in the air and he’s mobile. Not to say I was the worst player in the world, but it would be like me coming up through Barnhall compared to Brian O’Driscoll coming through Blackrock College. Josh has been in Stade Toulousain for the last seven years. Josh would be a more skilful, intelligent secondrow.

You’d swear Daniel had been dragged out of the Liberties with his Dublin accent, whereas Josh has a Limerick accent from family summer holidays on Peter Clohessy’s farm. It’s the funniest thing ever.”

We need to sign this lad immediately!

Comment

Would be nice to see a bit of flow in the other direction, seven years at ST and a dad/ older brother doing very well would be a handy enough growing up.

Comment

Mike Sherry off to Gloucester on a short term loan until end of season. Best of luck to him as he puts his injuries behind him
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                Mike Sherry off to Gloucester on a short term loan until end of season. Best of luck to him as he puts his injuries behind him

Good luck to him. Injuries ruined his chances with Munster and Ireland but he is a good signing for teams who have some injuries.

Looks like Fitzgerald is staying on in Connacht. Good player but the Munster squad is too crowded for everyone to get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                  Best of luck to him. Hope the new environment helps him regain form.
                  The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Carbery extends until 2022. https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/03/26/c...on-until-2022/

And Alby is staying until the end of November.
                    Last edited by Wallyman; 26th-March-2019, 14:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
                      Carbery extends until 2022. https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/03/26/c...on-until-2022/

Best news I've heard all day. Great bit of business by all concerned. A big boost going into Saturday. Onwards and Upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

Made my day, thanks for that!
                        Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Great news on Alby, if somewhat surprising - I didn't think that we'd be allowed to extend him to then, nor that he would want to have a contract for a small part of a season. Maybe he has something lined up for after the RWC.

On Joey, that should settle things for us now for a long time to come. It will also put to bed any lingering "what if" thoughts people might have had about him coming to us for a couple of seasons, polishing his craft as a fly half and then flitting back to Leinster once JS retires. He's a Munster boy now for sure!
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                              On Joey, that should settle things for us now for a long time to come. It will also put to bed any lingering "what if" thoughts people might have had about him coming to us for a couple of seasons, polishing his craft as a fly half and then flitting back to Leinster once JS retires. He's a Munster boy now for sure!
                              Well, he was under contract when he moved to Munster in the first place...

Comment

I am surprised. I did expect him to stay but not expecting already a decision now while his current contract still has more than a year. He most really like us than I guess?

Comment

Working...
                                X