No announcement yet.

New Signings and Departures 2017 - 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know if you gold have seen much of young Andrew porter but he’s having a super season. If Joe decided to fuk us over again do you think he would start at tighthead for you lot. I know you guys are going well particularly up front but this lad is something special.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Totally disagree.

We’ve seen how Tyler can play. He’s a match for almost any fly half.

He’s playing his way back in after a long period out and under competitive pressure. Trying to force things isn’t unusual in that position.

He’s massively skilled. I’m a big fan of Hanrahan, but I have never seen him produce the sort of fly half performance that Tyler is capable of.

Bleyendaal is in the Carbery/Sexton class of 10.
      Totally agree, Tyler oozes class and has the sort of game control so many 10s never learn.
      I like JJ as a utility player but Joey and Tyler on matchday is a trophy winning team.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post
        I dont know if you gold have seen much of young Andrew porter but he’s having a super season. If Joe decided to fuk us over again do you think he would start at tighthead for you lot. I know you guys are going well particularly up front but this lad is something special.
        Well the Munster scrum seems to have had the better of Leinster's the last few times we've played. Should you be asking if John Ryan or Stephen Archer would start for Leinster?

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post

Sadly, injury seems to have sapped TB in the temperament area.
          Injury or just lack of match practice?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ghost View Post

Well the Munster scrum seems to have had the better of Leinster's the last few times we've played. Should you be asking if John Ryan or Stephen Archer would start for Leinster?
            There is more to the poisition than the scrum and I was only asking as young porter seems to be the man in posessition of the Irish 18 shirt at the moment.

I’m guessing by your answer that you wouldn’t have porter in your 23, let alone start him. I’d stick with furlong for leinster myself.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
              Injury or just lack of match practice?
              When you have chronic career ending injuries it does rather limit your match practice. TB has been rehabbing for years- thank goodness for the guy he’s fit enough to play- hopefully that means that on 30 years he’ll still be walking about comfortably- but getting to that level and being ready to cope with a level of physical confrontation that breaks men who have no injury history- is an entirely different matter. It is entirely to his and Munsters credit that he wasn’t medically retired a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

When you have chronic career ending injuries it does rather limit your match practice. TB has been rehabbing for years- thank goodness for the guy he’s fit enough to play- hopefully that means that on 30 years he’ll still be walking about comfortably- but getting to that level and being ready to cope with a level of physical confrontation that breaks men who have no injury history- is an entirely different matter. It is entirely to his and Munsters credit that he wasn’t medically retired a few years ago.
                Last couple of showings and Tyler has looked very rusty(understandably). It is measure of how highly Van the manager regards him that he makes hm captain and wants to keep him involved. Feel he's being lined up for a coaching role.
                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

There is more to the poisition than the scrum and I was only asking as young porter seems to be the man in posessition of the Irish 18 shirt at the moment.

I’m guessing by your answer that you wouldn’t have porter in your 23, let alone start him. I’d stick with furlong for leinster myself.
                  Porter looks like a class player who could possibly start for any of the other provinces. But these days you need 2 quality props on both sides of the scrum to win big games consistently. So, I would say there is no fear of Joe "fuking you over". Thankfully we both seem well stocked right now.

The implied comparison to the Carbery situation doesn't add up at all, in fact. Porter plays regularly at tight head and is fairly established as Irish backup too. Carbery didn't play 10 regularly last season, as you well know, and therefore Byrne was closing in on the backup Outhalf jersey for Ireland too. He chose to move for the good of his career and now Munster, Joey and Ireland are better for it.

Sorry if my initial response was a bit prickly, but I assume that was your intention. You could have posted "isn't Porter playing well" in a Leinster thread after all! :-)

Comment

Porter looks like a class player who could possibly start for any of the other provinces. But these days you need 2 quality props on both sides of the scrum to win big games consistently. So, I would say there is no fear of Joe "fuking you over". Thankfully we both seem well stocked right now.

The implied comparison to the Carbery situation doesn't add up at all, in fact. Porter plays regularly at tight head and is fairly established as Irish backup too. Carbery didn't play 10 regularly last season, as you well know, and therefore Byrne was closing in on the backup Outhalf jersey for Ireland too. He chose to move for the good of his career and now Munster, Joey and Ireland are better for it.

Sorry if my initial response was a bit prickly, but I assume that was your intention. You could have posted "isn't Porter playing well" in a Leinster thread after all! :-)
                    Porter has been really tearing it up and I was just wondering how highly rated he was down south. I know a few ulster fans and I know they would take him in a heartbeat.

Comment

Porter has been really tearing it up and I was just wondering how highly rated he was down south. I know a few ulster fans and I know they would take him in a heartbeat.
                      A veritable beast.

Comment

We'll have to disagree on Tyler, as I respect your opinions, but it just seems to me that he can get wild under real pressure - and I still cannot get over that foolish kick into play in Connacht 22 with game almost over, It was the opposite of good game management. Hope I'm wrong, I really do.

Comment

Porter has the cut of a white goods unit. Maybe just behind Tadgh F and Healy as the 3rd strongest European prop.
                          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

I think he's a huge talent. Like I said he'd possibly (maybe even probably) be starting at any province that didn't have Furlong. I just also think Ryan and Archer are playing great stuff at the moment which makes it less clear-cut for me at Munster. Maybe my glasses are red tinted, but I haven't been so happy with our prop depth in the last 20 years.

We now have a situation across the provinces that was unimaginable just a few years ago when Tom Court's reputation was ruined against England. Great time to be an Irish rugby fan!

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                              We'll have to disagree on Tyler, as I respect your opinions, but it just seems to me that he can get wild under real pressure - and I still cannot get over that foolish kick into play in Connacht 22 with game almost over, It was the opposite of good game management. Hope I'm wrong, I really do.
                              He came to us as a young player, far from the finished article- needing game time at 10 to make him that. He’s never really had that- and so, IC, we do see the occasional shank/poor decision. He’s older, certainly, but doesn’t have the on-field wisdom that those years and his talent would suggest.

Comment

I think he's a huge talent. Like I said he'd possibly (maybe even probably) be starting at any province that didn't have Furlong. I just also think Ryan and Archer are playing great stuff at the moment which makes it less clear-cut for me at Munster. Maybe my glasses are red tinted, but I haven't been so happy with our prop depth in the last 20 years.

We now have a situation across the provinces that was unimaginable just a few years ago when Tom Court's reputation was ruined against England. Great time to be an Irish rugby fan!
                                It is indeed but you might want to get used to not seeing a lot of kilcoyne during Novembers and spring. Hopefully we all have a nice summer after one more big Munster, leinster game later in the year

Comment

Working...
                                X