New Signings and Departures 2017 - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
    South African 7 or rest of the world 7 i.e. 6?
    Good case. So he has no experience at 7. Just 6 and 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
      Yeah injured.
      Any idea what his injured is and how long?

Comment

That Botha Cloete Stander backrow is going to be so awesome
        I am the million man.

Comment

Weird one.

Comment

Did some research: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-un...lequins-match/

He has a calf injury. He was expected to miss two games but actually missed all remaining 5 games. He had a lot of problems with injuries in the past. I really hope this was taken in to consideration when signing him.

The same article also mentions:

"The 26 year-old ranks first in the league for the most carries (78) and turnovers won (seven) since his Premiership debut in February."

That is quite an achievement for someone who plays for the worse team in the league.

Comment

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/rug...-arno-10447114

Report on the failed medical exam of Botha last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
                Two backrows in academy - Coombes/JOS.
                Jack O only coming out of first year and only a year out of school. He has time enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

I rather would've liked if we signed Piet van Zyl from LI as backup for Murray.

Comment

Welcome Arno.
                    forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

He didn't fill in the circles on questions s 8 and 9....
                      Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                      For LI he played all games at 6. The last few years at Bulls he played 8 and in his early years (when JvG was still at Bulls) he played 7.

JvG knows him well so probably he rates him high and knows what he's getting.

He was suppose to join Ulster at the beginning of this season but he failed the medical exam. Any idea why this was?

He hasn't played the last five games for LI after starting the 6 prior games. Is he injured?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Five View Post
                        Welcome Arno.
                        Welcome aboard Botha!
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Delighted to have another strong ball carrier option there especially when you consider our bad luck with injury this year.
                          forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

Needed a TH a lot more imo however we are light in the back row with internationals away. Replacement for Copeland.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                              "The 26 year-old ranks first in the league for the most carries (78) and turnovers won (seven) since his Premiership debut in February."

That is quite an achievement for someone who plays for the worse team in the league.
                              Going on stats alone*, can you imagine how annoying it would be to play against a team with Cloete, Botha & Beirne? You'd have to commit 14 men to each ruck. Then Botha & CJ's carrying stats, could be a shrewd signing.

We'd have the players with the top turnovers won in the Premiership + Pro14 as well as the most carries in the premiership + Pro14.

*I know stats don't always give the full picture
                              Last edited by mickiemcfist; 17th-May-2018, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
                                Going on stats alone*, can you imagine how annoying it would be to play against a team with Cloete, Botha & Beirne? You'd have to commit 14 men to each ruck. Then Botha & CJ's carrying stats, could be a shrewd signing.

We'd have the players with the top turnovers won in the Premiership + Pro14 as well as the most carries in the premiership + Pro14.

*I know stats don't always give the full picture
                                Cronin jackals a lot for a prop too. New game plan; no tries just turn over the opposition every second phase and take a shot at goals from the resulting penaltly.Even if you accidentally find yourself in the opposition end goal give them back the ball, turn it over and take the 3 points.

The training park move will be winning the turnover while you are in possesion..but that's a hard one to master

Comment

Working...
                                X