Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future of the PRO 12

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Ok discriminative then. Discriminating those who don't speak irish gaelic

    Comment


      #17
      I thought the standard of reffing has improved in the pro 12 this year. The appointment of owens for the final though was unnecessary. Looking around , barnes and doyle are rubbish refs in England and I don't rate garces or gauzere either

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by BigLad View Post
        I thought the standard of reffing has improved in the pro 12 this year. The appointment of owens for the final though was unnecessary. Looking around , barnes and doyle are rubbish refs in England and I don't rate garces or gauzere either
        don't think too much of Doyle but Barnes isn't rubbish. Don't like his style of refereeing but he's definitely a very very good ref.
        If none of those are any good which refs do you rate?

        Comment


          #19
          If the attendance at the final is the benchmark - I think we should scrap the "Neutral venue" for the final B****cks and give it to whoever finishes higher in the league.
          That it will take place at the home venue of a finalist is a reward for pushing the whole way to the end and guarantees a full house.
          Other than that, yeah, the TV rights will put more onus on the league which will in turn make for an even better competition.
          The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
          Originally posted by joconnell
          If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by deadlyBuzz View Post
            If the attendance at the final is the benchmark - I think we should scrap the "Neutral venue" for the final B****cks and give it to whoever finishes higher in the league.
            That it will take place at the home venue of a finalist is a reward for pushing the whole way to the end and guarantees a full house.
            Other than that, yeah, the TV rights will put more onus on the league which will in turn make for an even better competition.
            The problem with finals is that there's a lot of speculative purchases, i.e I had a ticket for both finals & I only went to one of them. It's not a demand issue, they sold most of the tickets

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
              Ok discriminative then. Discriminating those who don't speak irish gaelic
              I don't speak Welsh. Is BBC Cymru discriminating against me for not speaking Welsh?

              If I were to apply for a job at BBC Cymru and didn't get it on the basis that I don't speak Welsh, would I have a claim? Asking for a friend thanks x

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
                The problem with finals is that there's a lot of speculative purchases, i.e I had a ticket for both finals & I only went to one of them. It's not a demand issue, they sold most of the tickets
                If the benchmark is final attendance then make it Aviva every year and guaranteed highest placed Irish team a final place.

                Comment


                  #23
                  My wish list for the league:

                  1. Highlight show. I think this would be a huge boost for the league. Not really sure why it hasn't happened yet. Whether it's a rights issue etc.

                  2. Better officials. We actually do have a few good refs in the league but unfortunately some are also pants.

                  3. Home advantage final. Not sure why they got rid of this. Maybe it was a money factor. Smaller stadiums better atmosphere. And a proper advantage for finishing first or at least higher then your opponent in the regular season.

                  4. Better kick off times. Though this has been improved.

                  5. No more league games during internationals. This can make a mockery of the league especially if your team is like Glasgow which has over half the Scottish squad.

                  6. Celtic Cup, to be played in these international periods. Welsh teams would have to leave the Anglo Welsh Cup. They can't be half in, half out.

                  7. Stronger team selections. Though this would have to be aided by the national teams.

                  8. Italian teams to maybe join France. Unfortunately there has been little progress of the Italian teams. And I wonder logistically and competively if both Italian teams plus maybe a team from Rome were entered into the 2nd tier France would it actually be more beneficial long term.

                  9. English option TG4.

                  10. Stadiums to match demand, Fortunately Edinburgh have moved to a stadium that better suits there attendance, nothing worse then seeing a stadium practically empty. Destroys atmospheres.

                  11. Live streaming of games not on TV. Thought Jersey did a great job of the B&I Cup.

                  12. Better Promotion. Needs to be advised better.

                  Not sure if I've forgotten anything, just what I'd like to see myself.
                  "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Whatever about the attendance on the day...there was over 44k tkts sold for the final. A record number, so unless a home ground can hold that number, there is no point.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      "5. No more league games during internationals. This can make a mockery of the league especially if your team is like Glasgow which has over half the Scottish squad."

                      Don't agree with this, provides opportunity for fringe players to get competitive game time and weaker squads to pick up points.



                      Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
                      The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                      - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Lad View Post
                        I don't speak Welsh. Is BBC Cymru discriminating against me for not speaking Welsh?

                        If I were to apply for a job at BBC Cymru and didn't get it on the basis that I don't speak Welsh, would I have a claim? Asking for a friend thanks x
                        Bbc wales has an English feed on sky

                        Comment


                          #27
                          That is true, but that's why I'd have a cup being played during internationals instead. The 6th point. This would act as a opportunity for players not selected internationally to get game time
                          "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
                            Bbc wales has an English feed on sky
                            So they're discriminating against me for not having Sky?

                            Thanks for your ongoing support in this time of deep prejudices affecting my viewing.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Lad View Post
                              So they're discriminating against me for not having Sky?

                              Thanks for your ongoing support in this time of deep prejudices affecting my viewing.
                              Look is it too much too ask to have commentary in a language EVERYONE understand and not just a fraction ofvthe population?

                              You attacking me on this makes you a discriminating elitist (thanks for proving my point).

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by KerryRed View Post
                                My wish list for the league:

                                1. Highlight show. I think this would be a huge boost for the league. Not really sure why it hasn't happened yet. Whether it's a rights issue etc.

                                2. Better officials. We actually do have a few good refs in the league but unfortunately some are also pants.

                                3. Home advantage final. Not sure why they got rid of this. Maybe it was a money factor. Smaller stadiums better atmosphere. And a proper advantage for finishing first or at least higher then your opponent in the regular season.

                                4. Better kick off times. Though this has been improved.

                                5. No more league games during internationals. This can make a mockery of the league especially if your team is like Glasgow which has over half the Scottish squad.

                                6. Celtic Cup, to be played in these international periods. Welsh teams would have to leave the Anglo Welsh Cup. They can't be half in, half out.

                                7. Stronger team selections. Though this would have to be aided by the national teams.

                                8. Italian teams to maybe join France. Unfortunately there has been little progress of the Italian teams. And I wonder logistically and competively if both Italian teams plus maybe a team from Rome were entered into the 2nd tier France would it actually be more beneficial long term.

                                9. English option TG4.

                                10. Stadiums to match demand, Fortunately Edinburgh have moved to a stadium that better suits there attendance, nothing worse then seeing a stadium practically empty. Destroys atmospheres.

                                11. Live streaming of games not on TV. Thought Jersey did a great job of the B&I Cup.

                                12. Better Promotion. Needs to be advised better.

                                Not sure if I've forgotten anything, just what I'd like to see myself.

                                I would normally again regarding Edinburgh’s use of Murrayfield but the regulars going there don’t like Myreside at all. There is only one covered stand, three sides of terrace, a slim supply of toilet facilities and rubbish parking, takes ages to get away from that area of the city. They find Murrayfield quite easy for all the above in comparison.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X