Earls, Zebo, Conway & Sweetnam...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earls, Zebo, Conway & Sweetnam...

Earls, Zebo, Conway & Sweetnam... is this the first time we have had lightning quick back 3 with options..
    Honourable mention to ROM.

in 2008 we had Howlett and the sometimes used Mafi on the wings, but Big Den was no speedster, or J Lo on the other wing...
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

On a Wing and a Prayer or just CJ.
    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Who was Big Den & JLo?

Comment

Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
        Who was Big Den & JLo?

"They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
          Earls, Zebo, Conway & Sweetnam... is this the first time we have had lightning quick back 3 with options..
          Honourable mention to ROM.

in 2008 we had Howlett and the sometimes used Mafi on the wings, but Big Den was no speedster, or J Lo on the other wing...
          I remember Felix, Dougie and Earls looking pretty electric in combination that season we played Quins in the European Junior B.

Long way from Horgan, Kelly, Staunton/Crotty alright!

Comment

More than an honourable mention for ROM, the lad has been fantastic for us this season and we wouldn't be where we are without him. This feels like his breakout season and I would never complain with seeing him regularly rotated with Sweetnam, Earls and Zebo (not to mention Wooten come up behind them).

Comment

Where's everyone seeing so much of Wooton that he's so highly rated?

Comment

It's definitely the best I can remember our back three looking as an overall unit for me. In terms of both depth and balance. I'd still like to see it better utilised though - we don't put our pace men one on one with the opposition in space often enough for me.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Kevy-Wevz View Post
                  More than an honourable mention for ROM, the lad has been fantastic for us this season and we wouldn't be where we are without him. This feels like his breakout season and I would never complain with seeing him regularly rotated with Sweetnam, Earls and Zebo (not to mention Wooten come up behind them).
                  I dont think ROM's kicking or defensive game is in the same realm as any of those 3. ROM is good with the ball in hand no doubt.

Comment

Would have preferred Conway at Full Back

Comment

For me Earls, Howlett, and Jones were sensational. Brive match as an example in link, shame they rarely played with injuries.
                      Current crop is excellent and has more debt but trio above were slightly better than any 3 we have currently imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaFAsyIylOI

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                        For me Earls, Howlett, and Jones were sensational. Brive match as an example in link, shame they rarely played with injuries.
                        Current crop is excellent and has more debt but trio above were slightly better than any 3 we have currently imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaFAsyIylOI
                        I think Earls would give Earls a run for his money.

Comment

Working...
                        X