The here and now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The here and now

Have to say reading a lot of the threads on here these past few days has been a battle, the needless negativity and doom mongering is taking away from what should be an exceptionally exciting and long sought period.

• We are in a home semi final in Europe, half the province snapped up tickets yesterday and we are marching on Dublin.
    • We are in the right direction for a home playoff in the league
    • We've beaten: Racing, Leicester, Glasgow 3 times, Maori, Toulouse, Leinster, Connacht, Ospreys twice
    • Right here and right now we are the good news story of Northern Hemisphere rugby, I think its more important to enjoy these times than worry about what's going to happen in the summer or in the next season

Do not let this couple of weeks pass you by worrying about what you read on the internet and what may come in time.

Just ****in enjoy the here and now, put your flag up on the front of your gaff and enjoy the crusade

Click image for larger version

Name:	Munster-Maori-All-Blacks-scoreboard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	2497709

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	2497710

Name:	mainMediaSize=537x291_type=image_publish=true_x0=0_y0=5.33_x1=100_y1=94.67_format=1.777777777777.jpg
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	2497711

Forever more, look back on what has happened this season with great pride in what this team is all about and who it represents.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 7th-April-2017, 15:14.
    I am the million man.

Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post

Comment

Great post. Gwan Munster!!!

Comment

I had a look at the Munster Rugby Schedule /munsterrugby.ie/fixtures-results/ for April and May to try and plan my life around Munster Rugby and it is a thing of beauty, especially when we add a possible .... (whisper it....) a European Final on Saturday 13 May.

Throw in a Pro 12 Semi-Final (either home or away) on the weekend of 20/21 May and a possible Pro 12 Final to follow on 27 May.

I'm not going to have a free weekend for about six or seven weeks and I love it.

Compare it to this time last year when we were chewing our fingernails down to the bone to see if we'd survive in Europe and we had no quarter-final, semi-final or anything else to look forward to.

Happy days!

Comment

Crazy! I had just looked at a picture on the RTE website of Taute in the air with celebration and I had to hold back the overwhelming emotion of realising where we are. What a season it has been. You can keep pinching, but no matter what you do it's real.

We are back and banging down the door of Europe and we're riding on the back of a bitter sweet legacy.

It will be a long 2 and a bit weeks.
          Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

The negativity is about the areas of the game that are outside of Munster Rugby's Control, fans don't agree with it but are having to accept it. Namely The DR situation & Ticketing issues in the Aviva.

Everyone is delighted that the team is performing so well, and playing great brand of rugby, giving young people a chance that they are taking, the future is bright when it wasn't for a while.

Comment

I've driven nearly 4000 miles to games already this season, plus had a flight over to Leicester. It's early April and as things stand, I've tickets for four more games before the end of May burning holes in my mind, including now a European semi-final and the Pro12 final, which I bought as soon as they went on sale. I'm hoping to add at least one more to that.

It's already been a crazy rollercoaster of a season and it isn't over yet.

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Last edited by mr chips; 6th-April-2017, 13:50.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I'm always Happy when we win.Its been a Happy Year for me.😆🤗🤗🤗🤗😆😆😆😆

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
                  Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

Ashley Beck seems to be delighted with conceding that try!

Some excellent images in there Cowboy and Mr Chips, Brought a lump to the throat again here in work!
                    Once again that oaf has destroyed my day....

Comment

I'm welling up here...best thread in a while.
                      "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

We could go on to win nothing from here and I honestly wouldn't care, best season in years in spite of the awful tragedy at the start of it.

Seeing fellas empty themselves for the jersey week on week is all I ever want to see, and these lads are doing it - if there's silverware at the end it's a bonus, they're absolute heroes in my eyes regardless.

That Glasgow game after Axel passed will stay with me for the rest of my days. Glasgow could have had 30 players out there against our boys and they've had lost. Noone was beating us that day. I well up thinking about it Stand Up and Fight in the centre circle every time (now too, as I type) and his poor kids walking around with the emotionally-shattered players afterwards. I've cried before out of happiness and euphoria at Munster matches over the last near 20 years, but never out of sadness.

It's just a game and we're just supporters, but sometimes it's a lot more than that.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by LeakyBoots; 6th-April-2017, 14:44.
                        Marty in the Morning

Comment

Very nice selection of pictures mr chips, thanks for that. This season is really special, bringing stand out memories happy and sad, and I do think it will be always remembered as such. I am blessed that I have already been able to travel six times to games this season with a seventh to come in Dublin. I might not be able to travel next season for various reasons and this here and now thing suits me just fine! Let us treasure it!
                          Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

LeakyBoots said everything I'd want to say about this season, just way better than I could ever say it.

Comment

Isn't it great to be able to travel to a semi final in a car, bus or train again? It's been a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X