Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Rassie leaves, who would you want to take over?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Rassie leaves, who would you want to take over?

For me: Deccie as Director of Rugby, Lancaster as Head Coach

Originally posted by limerickstag View Post
    For me: Deccie as Director of Rugby, Lancaster as Head Coach
    I could live with that. If his Kidneyness can be tempted to leave academia

Comment

Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
      I could live with that. If his Kidneyness can be tempted to leave academia

Comment

Think Deccie is out of the game too long now. As DoR, left field I know, but is Brian McLaughlin still around? Did a good job with Ulster and made his name underage with Ireland teams. (Peering from behind couch) Dagger? Mick Bradley, who has spent these past few years in development roles in Georgia and Romania, and should be technically well up to speed.
        Head coach? Despite my reservations with the similarity to the Tony McGahan coronation (coach leaves unexpectedly, incumbent defence coach appointed because players liked him and rated him), Nienaber, under a DoR?

The kicker would be losing Axel and Erasmus both - think that Axel could have stepped in temporarily (or longer), after exposure to Erasmus and new thinking, and having a year just working with players but sadly not to be.
        Last edited by isola ciarrai; 4th-April-2017, 15:26.

Comment

Shut this thread down, Worse than a bunch of geriatrics.
          Last edited by Tobyglen; 4th-April-2017, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
            Bit of (idle?) speculation never killed anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by limerickstag View Post
              Bit of (idle?) speculation never killed anyone!
              I don't want Rassie to be upset when he logs in here later. Where do you think he gets all the good advice from?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                It's a ****ing DISCUSSION forum !!!

The NON-discussion forum can be found here.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                  Think Deccie is out of the game too long now. As DoR, left field I know, but is Brian McLaughlin still around? Did a good job with Ulster and made his name underage with Ireland teams. (Peering from behind couch) Dagger? Mick Bradley, who has spent these past few years in development roles in Georgia and Romania, and should be technically well up to speed.
                  Head coach? Despite my reservations with the similarity to the Tony McGahan coronation (coach leaves unexpectedly, incumbent defence coach appointed because players liked him and rated him), Nienaber, under a DoR?

The kicker would be losing Axel and Erasmus both - think that Axel could have stepped in temporarily (or longer), after exposure to Erasmus and new thinking, and having a year just working with players but sadly not to be.
                  Hopefully Rassie stays, but you'd have to think Rassie would want Nienaber to go with him, if he took the SA job ? I too, would have my concerns if there was a McGahan style coronation, but one would hope that Munster have learnt from that and put the same procedures in place that they used when they secured Rassie and Nienaber, last season. I'd much prefer Rassie sees out his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post

There is no forum on the link provided.

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post

What forum? Pat the baker back?

Okay, fair enough so, I think Pat Geraghty should be the new DOR.
                      Last edited by Tobyglen; 4th-April-2017, 17:21.

Comment

If Rassie goes I'd like to see Neienaber to get the gig with Fla and Felix as his assistants and a new, experienced DoR to come in and run things behind the scenes.

Comment

I'd like to see Penney back but that's not going to happen.

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Jason Holland. He is the Hurricanes attack coach and so must be rated down there and he knows Munster already. I think he has been away long enough to bring new ideas and a new perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                            There is no forum on the link provided.
                            Exactly !

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
                              I'd like to see Penney back but that's not going to happen.

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Jason Holland. He is the Hurricanes attack coach and so must be rated down there and he knows Munster already. I think he has been away long enough to bring new ideas and a new perspective.
                              If Rassie did go, I'd love if Rob came back.

Comment

Working...
                              X