GP12) Munster v Glasgow Warriors, IIP - Sat 8th April @ 19:35

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GP12) Munster v Glasgow Warriors, IIP - Sat 8th April @ 19:35

The show goes on. Two teams with vastly contrasting results at the weekend. But while Munster need to keep the pressure up for a possible home semi-final, Warriors haven't a huge pile to play for in the Pro12 it seems as a play-off spot is looking unlikely for them at the moment. Scarlets look to have the better chance of catching Ulster.

Munster now seem set to be without our internationals again, this time due to injury, but based on Saturday's evidence, JOD, DOC, DW and AC are capable replacements. Having James Cronin back is a big plus, and Donnacha Ryan looks set to leave his heart and soul on the field.

I thought we lacked spark in midfield on Saturday, so maybe Saili gets to start. ROM and Copeland (is he fit?) could also get runs again.

I think Glasgow will struggle a bit after Saturday, but they are a dangerous team with an understandable grudge against Munster. Should be a good contest.
    Last edited by blackwarrior; 3rd-April-2017, 08:44.
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

I thought we lacked spark in midfield on Saturday, so maybe Saili gets to start. ROM and Copeland (is he fit?) could also get runs again.

I think Glasgow will struggle a bit after Saturday, but they are a dangerous team with an understandable grudge against Munster. Should be a good contest.
    Copeland played 80 minutes for the A's on Friday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Rest the international lads this week, injured or not, and go full strength for 50 minutes against Ulster to prepare for Salaries, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        Rest the international lads this week, injured or not, and go full strength for 50 minutes against Ulster to prepare for Salaries, imho.

So you would prioritise the Euro semi-final over potentially get a PRO 12 home semi-final and all the cash arising out of this?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
          That could cost us a home semi-final. Glasgow will want to turn us over and we need to maintain the gap over the Ospreys. Full strength for me.
          "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Looking forward to going to this one
            Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
              So you would prioritise the Euro semi-final over potentially get a PRO 12 home semi-final and all the cash arising out of this?
              Originally posted by Jenta View Post
              That could cost us a home semi-final. Glasgow will want to turn us over and we need to maintain the gap over the Ospreys. Full strength for me.
              From Rassie after the match. http://www.the42.ie/munster-toulouse...19163-Apr2017/

Erasmus said he thinks all three of the players injured today, and Murray, will be fit for the semi-final against Saracens or Glasgow in three weeks’ time.
              “Yes, I think so,” said Erasmus. “I think for us it is now to manage. We are now in a semi [and] if you win in a semi, then next week against Glasgow and Ulster and all of those become a little bit easier to manage because you don’t have another game going.
              “We were always hoping that we would be in this position but now we will have to rest players and try another player, where if we had lost we would have had to go all guns blazing to the last three or four Pro12 games.

“We’ll now keep Europe in the back of our heads, trying to manage the players the right way. Hopefully, those players will be available.”

He's going to rest players.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                The likes of DOC, JOD, DW, ROM etc have got us this far and should be trusted for this game. Really disappointed I can't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                  Ospreys play Leinster at home next weekend. It's the one time where we're not really affected by either side winning because they take points off the loser.

Comment

You'd have to think CJ, POM, and Earls are definitely out. Donncha Ryan and Billy Holland will need to be rested at some point somehow over the next couple of weeks - Did Mark Chisholm get any game time for the As? - with JOD, Conor Oliver and Copeland linking up in the back row.

Sailli and Goggin in the centre... and Keats still out too.

looking like a tough ask but Glasgow got battered so maybe they'll have to rest a few themselves?
                    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

I'd say we might see one of Copeland or DOC in the row
                      Marty in the Morning

Comment

Glasgow will certainly have a few lads nursing injuries and their primary focus will be to stay ahead of Connacht and hold onto European Rugby next year.

They're unlikely to get that fourth play-off position at this stage and with Leinster and Ospreys playing each other, this is the one game where we can (and should) rest players.

Edit Post: Colliniho is of course correct, all they have to do is stay ahead of Edinburgh (currently on 22 points) to stay in Europe.
                        Last edited by Paddytheman; 3rd-April-2017, 10:56.

Comment

I would like to see DW on the bench for this, give some gametime to his understudy just in case Murrays injury is a bad one.

Conor Oliver and Sammy Arnold would relish a change to impress for a place in the first team
                          Saili has to start
                          Is Keatley injured Still?

Should be a sell-out and hopefully the weather is good.

Comment

Scotland has to have a representative in the champions cup so staying ahead of Edinburgh will do them

Comment

Glasgow are already guaranteed Champions Cup rugby (and have been for some time) due to the train-wreck that is Edinburgh Rugby.

They won't get into the Pro 12 playoffs as realistically there isn't a cats chance in hell of them passing out both Ulster and Scarlets.

Given the animosity that has built up between the 2 sides I expect this to be a full blooded slugfest of a game, but Glasgow are playing for pride at this stage.

\"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Working...
                              X