Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leinster v Wasps - Who's cheering for the Blues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leinster v Wasps - Who's cheering for the Blues?

There is often banter on this forum - plenty of it, and some of it gets spicy at times.

So, Leinster are in action tomorrow in a win or bust crucial game.

Who do you want to win?

FWIW, I don't particularly like the cocky bastards with their fawning media, tacit IRFU support, Best in the world ever academy, biased kiwi ex coach and constant supply of Blackrock gym bunnies. But maybe that's just me.

Are you cheering on Dublin's finest tomorrow or being a fellow bitter Munster bo**oc*s ?

This will end well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

As an Irish rugby fan i hope the best for Leinster
      BUT its not wholeheartedly

Comment

I'll support any team that Seanie is playing with...

Sent from my Oneplus 3 on Tapatalk, suckers...
        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

I'd like Leinster to do well, because ideally I'd like us to have a crack at them later in the competition if we could get that far. I'd quietly fancy our chances in a one-off knockout match. I'm not a Leinster hater.

Personally, in the years up to 2006, I dreaded the thought of them winning a HEC before Munster, a feeling that fuelled Axel, the team and just about every red jersey in Lansdowne on that brilliant sunny day. Losing to them in 2009 wasn't quite as bad as a loss in 2006 could have been. I could never wish for their success in those days.

But then they started winning HECs for fun, and we were in slow decline, although most of us couldn't/wouldn't admit it. I was screaming at Clermont to get over the f*****g line in that semi, but Leinster held out - they were at their peak, winning when it didn't even seem possible. I was desperate for Leinster to lose every time they played, but they wouldn't oblige, apart for those nice Pro12 final reverses ...

So, I seem to have mellowed, worryingly. Therefore, tomorrow, I may be hoping for a Leinster win; they have really fine young players, and it would be good to see them do it. Just so long as we can get our shot at taking down the arrogant preening fancy dans as soon as possible after that. Fair's fair.

Good thread.
          Last edited by blackwarrior; 1st-April-2017, 08:49.
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

G'wan Wasps!
            Life is good

Comment

My enemies enemy is my friend.

Comment

I'll be behind the Blue Shirts as I am behind Ulster and Connacht, as I am behind Joe's band. Loving Munster deos not mean I can hate the capital. After that, if we meet them in Aviva, my thoughts will be naturally diametrically different because there is NOTHING better than Munster and their crew (Ok, this is purely emotional, because rugbystically, it can happen it's not the case... )
                So for tomorrow, Allez les Bleus, and then G'wan Munster!!!!
                "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

I'd love to see Leinster win.

Comment

Sorry, but I have only one interest tomorrow ..................... can't be distracted

Comment

Irish teams all the way leinster.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Comment

Isn't there a forum for other teams???????

Comment

Munster first and foremost, I won't lose any sleep if they lose tomorrow but I'd like to see them win. They're an Irish team and it's better for Ireland overall(Munster by extension) if Irish teams do well.

Comment

I hope Leinster win... I enjoy watching their games as I can analyse the play...with Munster its just all too emotional, can't analyse while watching...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
                              There is often banter on this forum - plenty of it, and some of it gets spicy at times.

So, Leinster are in action tomorrow in a win or bust crucial game.

Who do you want to win?

FWIW, I don't particularly like the cocky bastards with their fawning media, tacit IRFU support, Best in the world ever academy, biased kiwi ex coach and constant supply of Blackrock gym bunnies. But maybe that's just me.

Are you cheering on Dublin's finest tomorrow or being a fellow bitter Munster bo**oc*s ?
                              FYI - it's actually an endless supply of almost all Michaels boys these days...

Coming from a much less affluent HGF school myself I actually do understand the "D4" alienation, but it's not the boys fault for being enrolled in what are effectively highly funded schools whose rugby sides are run as almost professional academies.
                              Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Working...
                              X