Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster lack backs, leinster foreigners

ok ulster have a bit of both but not enough of either

their should only be a certain qouta offoreign players allowed it should be assessed if they can play for ireland eventually or weather they are sorely needed in a particular position

Connachtakathe IRFU are paying a load of players who will never see a senior ireland shirt( total waste of money imo) [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]make sure connacht have mostly players in with a goodshout of the green shirt if they perform with connnacht and not just if they get into the HC,

whats going on[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img] i think we need four big name teams at the veryleast in order to develop the young talent and fringe players to maximise their chances bygiving themthe lots of game time before they are 24/5

now i know "some" players are out of position [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]and teams need good subs but their is 8 teams

most of those teams given some time would smash connacht i see no logic in the system at all??

team 1 (ireland)

15: Dempsey
    14: Shane Horgan
    13: Brian o' Driscoll
    11: Dennis Hickie
    10: ROG
    9: Stringer

1: Marcus Horan
    2: Rory Best
    3: John Hayes
    4: Donnacha O' Callagahan
    5: Paul O' Connell
    6: Simon Easterby
    7: David Wallace
    8: Dennis Leamy

team 2

15: Rob Kearney
    14: Brian Carney
    13: Andrew Trimble
    12: Keith Earls
    11: Luke Fitzgerald
    10: David humphreys
    9: Isaac Boss

1: Darragh Hurley
    2: Jerry Flannery
    3: Tony Buckley
    4: Ryan Caldwell
    5: Andrew Farley
    6: Stephen Ferris
    7: Neil Best
    8: Jamie Heaslip

team 3

15: Geordan Murphy
    14: Ross McCarron
    13: Darren Cave
    12: Keiran Lewis
    11: Bowe
    10: Paddy Wallace
    9: Eoin Redden

1: Cian Healy
    2: Frankie sheahan
    3: Timmy Ryan
    4: Donnacha Ryan
    5: David Gannon
    6: David pollock
    7: John O'sullivan
    8: Roger Wilson

team 4

15: Mossie lawlor
    14: Gary brown
    13: barry murphy
    12: Fergus Mcfadden
    11: Daniel Riordan
    10: Manning
    9: Cillian Willis

1: Robert Sweeny
    2: Brian Blanney/Gavin O'Meara
    3: Stephen Knoop (NSICQ)
    4: Malcom O'kelly
    5: Trevor Hogan
    6: alan Quinlan
    7: Shane jennings
    8: Anthony Foley

team 5

15: Gavin Duffy
    14: Vasily Artemiev
    13: Stephen Grissing
    12: warwick
    11 fionn carr
    10: humphs jnr
    9: Chris keane

1: Paul Doran Jones
    2: Dennis fogarty
    3: Simon best
    4: mccullough
    5: Shane O'conner
    6: Kevin Mc Laughlin
    7: Johnny O' conner
    8: Diarmuid laffen

team 6

15: Bryn Cunningham/A Craig
    14: Andrew maxwell
    13: James Power
    12: Kevin maggs
    11: Ian dowling
    10: Ian Keatley
    9: paul marshell

1: Sean cronin
    2: stuart philpott
    3: Bryan Young
    4: Devin Toner
    5: leo cullen
    6: Stephen Keogh
    7: James coughlan
    8: Anthony Kavanagh

team 7

15: Felix Jones
    14: Shane Monahan
    13: Cian mcnaughton
    12: Sean O'brien
    11: john kelly/jamie smith
    10: Sexton
    9: Kieran campbell/Duncan william

1: Ray hogan
    2: cian cullenton
    3: Ronan McCormack,
    4: Melbourne
    5: Bob casey
    6: Chris henry
    7: Keith gleeson/Paul O'Donohoe
    8: Neil mcmillian

team 8

15: Shaun payne/Eoghan hickey
    14: Paul Mckenzie
    13: Hearty/ Eoin O' malley
    12: Aidan Wynne
    11: Patrick Brophy
    10: Niall O'Connor /andrew dunne
    9: Thomas O'leary

1: Reggie corrigan/ Kieran Moloney
    2; John Fogarty /Stephen Douglas
    3: Declan Fitzpatrick
    4: Andrew Browne
    5: Conor McInerney
    6: Richie Le

Even if the provinces wanted to do so, and I don't think they do (where would munster be without Halstead, or Williams or Langford, or Leinster without Contepomi or David Holwell), they couldn't because its against the law
    Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cahill
      Even if the provinces wanted to do so, and I don't think they do (where would munster be without Halstead, or Williams or Langford, or Leinster without Contepomi or David Holwell), they couldn't because its against the law

Your refering to the Equality legislation there I presume.
      "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by jmccoy

Between Irish and EU law and the kolpak thing it pretty much covers every rugby playing nation. Players from those countries have the same rights to employment as irish nationals. Even the guys from countries who aren't covered generally have either a passport granny or are naturalised.
        Comment

Even if the
          provinces wanted to do so, and I don't think they do (where would
          munster be without Halstead, or Williams or Langford, or Leinster
          without Contepomi or David Holwell), they couldn't because its against
          the law

@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">Between Irish and EU law and the kolpak thing it pretty much covers every rugby playing nation@@@@/SPAN>.
          Players from those countries have the same rights to employment as
          irish nationals. Even the guys from countries who aren't covered
          generally have either a passport granny or are naturalised.
          except for new zealand, australia and argentina

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

You've listed a lot of players (and fair play) and I see you've tried to balance things a bit too, but some of those teams are quite weak to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan
              You've listed a lot of players (and fair play) and I see you've tried to balance things a bit too, but some of those teams are quite weak to be fair.

yeah thanks dan but, given a good bit of game time in the ML the younger guys should improve alongside one or two old heads

but surely we can make 4 very goodteams??

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor

Even if the
                provinces wanted to do so, and I don't think they do (where would
                munster be without Halstead, or Williams or Langford, or Leinster
                without Contepomi or David Holwell), they couldn't because its against
                the law

@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">Between Irish and EU law and the kolpak thing it pretty much covers every rugby playing nation@@@@/SPAN>.
                Players from those countries have the same rights to employment as
                irish nationals. Even the guys from countries who aren't covered
                generally have either a passport granny or are naturalised.
                except for new zealand, australia and argentina
                Yep, but those guys generally have a passport tucked away somewhere. Finegan of course, Contepomi has been an eu national for a while, Puciarello has an italian passport, Boss an Irish one, Whitaker an english one. Most of them have them, they're advised to get them in the australian academy for example.
                Comment

dave but you i.e. leinster/munster etc "choose" who you want to playat for example out half

Comment

Originally posted by caomhan

Originally posted by danthefan

yeah thanks dan but, given a good bit of game time in the ML the younger guys should improve alongside one or two old heads

but surely we can make 4 very goodteams??
                    The first comment on this thread is a good read Caomhan, well done.. I like what you are trying to say... ignore the other 2 brats fighting among their toys (DC and Scotscor).... Connacht could and should be given some players to turn them into a better outfit, the more exposure our players get, the better.... limited resources calls for creative thinking..
                    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

dave but you i.e. leinster/munster etc "choose" who you want to playat for example out half
                      How do you mean, for Ireland? ROG
                      Comment

cheersi_like_cake my thoughts exactly

Comment

droll dave very droll [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]no Niall O' Conner for Connaht [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

droll dave very droll [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]no Niall O' Conner for Connaht [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                            Sorry, not sure what you mean, I think ROG should be the Irish outhalf on current form etc. Do you mean down the road in terms of development? If so, then there are a number of decent players knocking around. Keatley at Leinster and Wynne at Connacht I've seen and been impressed with. Deasy had a crap world cup, but hes a better player than he showed there. I think Manning, Hickey and Sexton are to a certain extent, and this sounds harsh on what are very talented guys, not going to make it as ROG is good enough and maintains his form generally and is at an age that by the time we come to replace him those guys may not be in the frame. A bit like Humphreys and Wallace at Ulster only on the national stage, though last season in the AIL getting gametime did Wallace a power of good.
                            Comment

Sorry, not sure what you mean, I think ROG should be the Irish outhalf on current form etc. Do you mean down the road in terms of development? If so, then there are a number of decent players knocking around. Keatley at Leinster and Wynne at Connacht I've seen and been impressed with. Deasy had a crap world cup, but hes a better player than he showed there. I think Manning, Hickey and Sexton are to a certain extent, and this sounds harsh on what are very talented guys, not going to make it as ROG is good enough and maintains his form generally and is at an age that by the time we come to replace him those guys may not be in the frame. A bit like Humphreys and Wallace at Ulster only on the national stage, though last season in the AIL getting gametime did Wallace a power of good.

ithink the same with regards to sexton, manning, and hickey, thats why i suggested kearney to the leinster faithful, id like to see more of niall O'conner and ian keatley and wynnemyself but when will they get game time? even in the ML

Niall O'conner is stuck behind humphreys and then wallace

keatley behind conti and sexton

Comment

Working...
                              X