Carney & The Future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carney & The Future

Having just watched the video's of Carneys Highlights within the game on Saturday against Scarlets, there is no doubting the fact that he is going to be a huge asset to Munster rugby.

He displays an aggression and focus not seen in the team for a while, and this will (Has ?) permeate to the rest of the squad. I particularly like the way he dismissed the "verbals" from the Scarlets after the second "high" tackle, more or less saying "well lads, there's plenty more where that came from" [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

It is a great boon to the team that he has arrived now, and not at the start of the season, allowing himself and the team to get acquainted before the summer break-up. This will reap dividents come next Autumn when I thin that Carney will be one of our first-teamers and an important cog in the Munster machine - developing strong playing partnerships with the rest of our so-called big-game players.

Our structures and set plays are going to improve greatly from his strength and speed, keeping other teams defenses honest to a fault - or face the consequences. Roll on 2007/2008 season.

Additional Thoughts Anyone ?

I think hes a cert to be in the irish world cup squad!

Comment

Originally posted by Fly_caster
      Having just watched the video's of Carneys
      Highlights within the game on Saturday against Scarlets, there is no
      doubting the fact that he is going to be a huge asset to Munster
      rugby. He displays an aggression and focus not seen in the
      team for a while, and this will (Has ?) permeate to the rest of the
      squad. I particularly like the way he dismissed the "verbals" from the
      Scarlets after the second "high" tackle, more or less saying "well
      lads, there's plenty more where that came from" [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]It is a great boon
      to the team that he has arrived now, and not at the start of the
      season, allowing himself and the team to get acquainted before the
      summer break-up.
      This will reap dividents come next Autumn when I think that Carney
      will be one of our first-teamers and an important cog in the Munster
      machine - developing strong playing partnerships with the rest of our
      so-called big-game players.Our structures and set plays are going to
      improve greatly from his strength and speed, keeping other teams
      defenses honest to a fault - or face the consequences. Roll on
      2007/2008 season.Additional Thoughts Anyone ?
      I'll put my head on the block and agree 100%. He seems to me to be
      smart, has guile, strength and aggression and would probably nail
      Jonah Lomu in his heyday.

We have seen three games now. He has been nothing short of
      astonishing in two of them. When he gets match time with the likes of
      Wallace, Leamy and Strings I'm pretty sure he will excel himself. I
      suspect he also might have another gear.
      If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

hey my name is misty..i watched Carneys tries that he scored for munster on youtube. They were brilliant tries i can tell you that now. Im australian and i live in asutralia (the country where Brian left) He was no doubt the best winger there was in the nrl (national rugby league) I watched a lot of his games & he played excellent in the majority of them. I've been a huge carney fan ever since he played for the knights..i love him!! When he left, i was devastated but i dont hate him..He has a great personality, he is so funny!! Has he founda girl yet since hes been back home?

if anyone has any carney pics can ya please email them to me at briancarneyrox@hotmail.com yeah i do have msn also so if ya wanna add me then you can..look forward to hearingfrom you all. And good luck Munster!!!!!
        http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...rianCarney.jpg

вяιαи тαкє мє συт тσ α ρυв & ωє\'ℓℓ ѕιт тнєяє ∂яιикιиg gυιиєѕѕ &

Comment

He seemed to be very focussed the other night. Any time he got shouts of praise/support/encouragement from the sidelines, e.g. after Barry Murphy's try, after the two high tackles, he ignored the crowd and got on with the game.

Comment

I think he's potentially our most significant singning in some time. The displays he has produced to date are excellent.

Mongo and/or Fr. Jack should be very worried in the Irish context.

Comment

My only worry is that Munster wont use him enough. We can expect him to perform miracles every time he gets the ball, so the backline needs to function to create space for him to operate
              Dont need reason, dont need rhyme,
              Aint nothin I would rather do,
              Goin down, party time,
              My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on a Highway to Hell ...

Comment

Originally posted by Angus Axe
                My only worry is that Munster wont use him enough. We can expect him to perform miracles every time he gets the ball, so the backline needs to function to create space for him to operate

I wouldnt worry about it. DK seems to be building a formidable squad. With a backline of Carney, Lafi, Murphy, Skinny, Mossie, Champers andEarls backed up and propelled forward by the current pack, I think he will see a lot of ball. My hope for next year is that we get back to doing what we do well, Forward power with the new addition of pace and guile from our backline.

Comment

totally agree on carney lads i wonder would he work at 12 doh?switch himself and mafi?jus a thought i no its very early in his union career but he is bright smart fellow qualifed barrister like to hear what ye tink.

Agree with BoL also need to get bac to basics next yr let d forwards do d work and den spread it wide when the time is rite at times dis yr we were letting it wide for the sake of it. need a prop or 2 to really step up to the mark and another 2nd row toreally have a gud squad.plenty in the backs once the new signings come on board.

Comment

Working...
                  X