GP12) Ospreys v Munster - Sat 18th Feb @ 5:15pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GP12) Ospreys v Munster - Sat 18th Feb @ 5:15pm

Well this Pro12 is warming up nicely. For both Munster (55 points) and Ospreys (54), so different to last season. We had to wait until the last game to finish in the top 6; Ospreys didn't make it at all, and now they need just one point to equal their total from last year.

I make Ospreys favourites for this one. We had a good win over Dragons tonight, but at times we didn't look like a team. However, with with Rassie and Nienaber, another week for preparation, and they'll be better.

I just feel that Ospreys will have more going for them. Swansea is not one of our better hunting grounds.

With Leinster likely to be breathing down our necks, we'll need to get something out of this match.

Great to be in contenction. Unless Cardiff go on a crazy streak, this season's top 6 look decided already, and we're looking strong for a top 4. But a top 2 is where the silverware is won.

Big game then.
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

This is likely to be our season defining game
    Con Artist

Comment

Hope we get a big travelling support for this one. Massive test for the lads.
      forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

Huge game. I am heading down to Swansea. Anyone know if the MRSC are organising a group as wouldn't mind tagging along for some company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Annoying that Conway and Foley picked up HIAs and Kleyn has a neck issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A very enjoyable match on a very cold night!! The key point for me was around their second try. For the scrum that gave away the penalty, Dave O'Callaghan and Jack O'Donoghue were packing down in the second row of a 7-man scrum so the peno was perhaps inevitable. As the Dragons players streamed away after they mauled over for the try, you could see a pep in their step as the gap was down to 14 points and we had a lot of subs on. A second try during the bin and they could have been in with a shout of a famous victory for a Dragons team. A lot of pressure for a young team and in most cases the call would have been shut the game down until we are back to 15. But not this group, they went up the field and scored a try!
            That is the behaviour of champions. Of course the Dragons are a poor team but it is incredible to see the spirit in this team at the moment. The squad update on Monday will be huge with Kleyn and Conway the major concerns for the Ospreys match but we might get Billy and dare I say perhaps even POM if they want him to get some game-time

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
              Well this Pro12 is warming up nicely. For both Munster (55 points) and Ospreys (54), so different to last season. We had to wait until the last game to finish in the top 6; Ospreys didn't make it at all, and now they need just one point to equal their total from last year.

I make Ospreys favourites for this one. We had a good win over Dragons tonight, but at times we didn't look like a team. However, with with Rassie and Nienaber, another week for preparation, and they'll be better.

I just feel that Ospreys will have more going for them. Swansea is not one of our better hunting grounds.

With Leinster likely to be breathing down our necks, we'll need to get something out of this match.

Great to be in contenction. Unless Cardiff go on a crazy streak, this season's top 6 look decided already, and we're looking strong for a top 4. But a top 2 is where the silverware is won.

Big game then.
              Losing bonus point would be okay - if Munster can stay close the final day fixtures see Munster at home to Connacht and Ospreys away to Scarlets. Munster now favourites to win the grand final(6/4) ahead of Leinster(7/4) and Ospreys (4/1). Seems about right .

What an incredible turnaround. Gwan Anthony.
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                This is likely to be our Pro 12 season defining game
                Fixed
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Season defining if they win but a losing bonus point may well do - following week at home to Scarlets which will also be massive.
                  ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                  AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Couldn't disagree more!

Our form and results don't make games like this any more important than 5-0'ing someone further down the table. Again.

Munster have room to breathe between now and the playoffs. I'd be extremely confident they'll get the results necessary between now and then
                    I am the million man.

Comment

True, there is no difference in finishing second as opposed to first. After the dubs beat zebra we will still be 4 points off second.

Comment

Agree with Cowboy, we have set ourselves up in some position. The vast majority of tough games left in the normal season have been played. Ospreys being the last tough one away from home. Plus they'll be missing a lot more then us with the 6 Nations. I'd be very disappointed, with the remaining fixtures, if we don't secure a home semi. Gives us a lot of leeway and the ability to focus on Europe.
                        "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

As much as we talk about players released back to us, I assume the same can be said for Os ?
                          i don't know who they have in the welsh squad that didn't play yesterday but presumably they may be sent back for game time

trips to the Liberty are always difficult (and usually Baltic)
                          they had an off year last year (much like us !) and didn't qualify for the senior European cup - this year they appear resurgent both in the league and the CC
                          any viewpoints on that turnaround ? Not being a subscriber to the western mail I haven't heard of any major changes coaching or personnel

Comment

Reckon John Ryan Niall Scannell Billy Holland maybe eve P O'Mahony will be allowed play. Keatley too

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post
                              Reckon John Ryan Niall Scannell Billy Holland maybe eve P O'Mahony will be allowed play. Keatley too

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                              Dunno about the first 2! Key men for Ireland at the moment.
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                              X