RugbyLad.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RugbyLad.com

Is there really money in clickbait sites like this?

I know Paul O'Connell is involved in it but it's a pure clickbait site, more pop-ups than in a sailors pants on shore leave. Whoever the headline writer is, they know who to write a title for the most mundane info, he/she really must spend the day trawling rugby related news for a morsel of news that would invite a click.
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Why do you think POC is involved?
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
      Why do you think POC is involved?
      Check out his Facebook page

Comment

POC isn't involved in it, its a journalism and new media graduate from UL. A Limerick lad who played a lot of rugby with Shannon.
        Minimal money in it afaik, he has a full time job elsewhere and does the site on the side.
        The only money making side of it was the RugbyLad 7's in LIT on the June bank holiday weekend.
        and my home, my home is there.

Comment

Originally posted by untilyouhearthatbell View Post
          POC isn't involved in it, its a journalism and new media graduate from UL. A Limerick lad who played a lot of rugby with Shannon.
          Minimal money in it afaik, he has a full time job elsewhere and does the site on the side.
          The only money making side of it was the RugbyLad 7's in LIT on the June bank holiday weekend.
          Thanks for that, though i would wonder why if POC is not involved, why his Facebook page pushes out every single RugbyLad post and his handle is @rugbylad5.

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
            Thanks for that, though i would wonder why if POC is not involved, why his Facebook page pushes out every single RugbyLad post and his handle is @rugbylad5.
            It's not his FB page. It's a fan page, but it doesn't make that very clear.

Comment

its the same with instagram... a poc page created just to push rugby.lad...
              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                The same guy made a couple of appreciation pages for rugby players, just as a supporter. I think he did the ROG, POC and Justice for BOD ones.

Comment

Certainly not the real POC or ROG page. I don't visit the website but have no problem with the click-bait style headlines. Decent guy who runs it and works hard to try and keep it current. Fair play to him if he makes a few quid off the clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by untilyouhearthatbell View Post
                    He could have made it had he stayed off the fags

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
                      He could have made it had he stayed off the fags
                      and the funky donuts

Comment

Working...
                      X