Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permutations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ignore Cummisky. He'll go away eventually.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

    Comment


      Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
      On the topic of permutations, Cummiskey in the IT wrote:

      "When Tyler Bleyendaal converted from the touchline to make it 17-3, with a half an hour remaining, Munster lost all intensity. Henry Chavancy’s try, converted by Maxime Machenaud, punished them and at that moment they were travelling to France or England in the quarter-finals."

      For a professional journo, he really hasn't a rashers. Also really noticeable how few of them have picked up on the fact that Leinster blew a shot at a home semi and Munster did just enough. It's quite a big deal.
      Bull **** artist of the highest order - recruiting dept in Irish Times had a very off day when they agreed to employ him

      To add - he was on TV3 Breakfast show on Sunday morning and was kind of sneering at Rory Scannell and Andrew Conway saying they were good players but would get nowhere near Ireland team - low and behold both called up for 6 Nations squad today
      Last edited by BiggusDiccus; 23rd-January-2017, 09:40.

      Comment


        Originally posted by BiggusDiccus View Post
        Bull **** artist of the highest order - recruiting dept in Irish Times had a very off day when they agreed to employ him

        To add - he was on TV3 Breakfast show on Sunday morning and was kind of sneering at Rory Scannell and Andrew Conway saying they were good players but would get nowhere near Ireland team - low and behold both called up for 6 Nations squad today
        Best ignored. He is not a journalist in the true sense of the word and should therefore not be judged to those standards. He is a fan And nothing wrong with that unless you are purporting to be an impartial observer.

        Andrew Conway is probably close to being the form wing in the country but it doesn't fit the production line narrative....


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


          Over the past few years the mentality in Irish provincial rugby has changed, now as long as there not playing our province or other circumstances we will usually support our fello provinces. Unfortunately, Cummisky has gone down a different path and is being dare I say it? A dick.

          Comment


            Just back from Skiing having watched the game in a bar in Austria with the volume turned down - re-watched game on Sky last night and cant believe how little they understood what was going on with rankings. Delighted to hear Niall Scannell in Irish squad - his ball carrying seems to have gone up a level.

            Munster at 9/2 seems to be about right - nobody yet knows if Munster can go all the way - but a home quarter and possible 'home' semi with a full pack to choose from and what seemed liked mission impossible at the start of the season is now looking like mission quite probable.

            Gwan.
            Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 23rd-January-2017, 10:25.
            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

            Originally Posted by mr chips
            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

            Comment


              I'd say mission possible
              Latine mottos non sunt omnes qui
              Do not try to bend the spoon — that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: there is no spoon.

              Comment


                Originally posted by bmacky View Post
                Best ignored. He is not a journalist in the true sense of the word and should therefore not be judged to those standards. He is a fan And nothing wrong with that unless you are purporting to be an impartial observer.

                Andrew Conway is probably close to being the form wing in the country but it doesn't fit the production line narrative....


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                well, he does exactly fit the production line narrative. Leinster rugby was very sad to loose Conway, he was earmarked for greatness, and most are very very happy he has started to live up to his pitential.
                Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
                  well, he does exactly fit the production line narrative. Leinster rugby was very sad to loose Conway, he was earmarked for greatness, and most are very very happy he has started to live up to his pitential.
                  To clarify, the production line narrative I referred to is in my viewcentred around Byrne and the obviously talented bunch of guys currently coming through in Leinster and not necessarily the likes of Jones, Conway and Niall Ronan - all of whom i would be the first to admit have come down and done a phenomenal job for Munster for the Leinster academy. I also don't doubt that the vast majority of Leinster fans are delighted to see them progressing through to the international ranks.

                  Byrne, O'Loughlin and the others are great prospects and it's great for Leinster that they are coming through. My only issue is that Cumiskey is prone to acknowledging the success of the Leinster academy systems but less keen to point out the increasing numbers starting to come through from the Munster academy. After a period in which the systems underperformed it now seems to be coming good. Same could be said of the lack of acknowledgement of the other provinces success in youth development. That comment is aimed at that journalist and not the Leinster fans.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    There is a really good way of dealing with commisky if you don't like his writings.... don't read it, you know where it is so don't go there, some sound like they are looking to be annoyed by him. There are plenty other columnists around

                    Comment


                      Permutations

                      Originally posted by bmacky View Post
                      To clarify, the production line narrative I referred to is in my viewcentred around Byrne and the obviously talented bunch of guys currently coming through in Leinster and not necessarily the likes of Jones, Conway and Niall Ronan - all of whom i would be the first to admit have come down and done a phenomenal job for Munster for the Leinster academy. I also don't doubt that the vast majority of Leinster fans are delighted to see them progressing through to the international ranks.

                      Byrne, O'Loughlin and the others are great prospects and it's great for Leinster that they are coming through. My only issue is that Cumiskey is prone to acknowledging the success of the Leinster academy systems but less keen to point out the increasing numbers starting to come through from the Munster academy. After a period in which the systems underperformed it now seems to be coming good. Same could be said of the lack of acknowledgement of the other provinces success in youth development. That comment is aimed at that journalist and not the Leinster fans.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Ok, with you there. I only really bother with the42 really now.

                      A poorly researched article by Cumiskey is the reason I started posting online, so I suppose you can blame him for me too


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

                      Comment


                        TBH I dont even get angry reading his "articles" I just laugh, they are so full of **** that they make me cringe.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by James NB View Post
                          There is a really good way of dealing with commisky if you don't like his writings.... don't read it, you know where it is so don't go there, some sound like they are looking to be annoyed by him. There are plenty other columnists around
                          Read it by all means but just don't mention it or link to it. A fire needs oxygen to sustain itself.

                          Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
                          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post
                            TBH I dont even get angry reading his "articles" I just laugh, they are so full of **** that they make me cringe.
                            The Cummiskey cringelaugh, should be an emoji for that. PunditArena awaits.
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X