ECC QF Line up 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
    What's that noise? The sound of masses of unhatched chickens being counted?
    Yes, true, but at least this year we can count them, unlike the last couple
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
      From the Nigels' Cup Site

The clubs ranked 1 to 4 will have home advantage for the quarter-finals as follows:
      Club 1 v Club 8 (QF1)
      Club 4 v Club 5 (QF2)
      Club 3 v Club 6 (QF3)
      Club 2 v Club 7 (QF4)

NB The format for the semi-final matches in the Champions Cup recognises performances by clubs during the pool stages as well as the achievement of clubs winning quarter-final matches away from home.
      The winner of QF1 will play the winner of QF2 in one semi-final, and the winner of QF3 will play the winner of QF4 in the other semi-final as follows:
      Semi-final 1: winner QF1 v winner QF2
      Semi-final 2: winner QF3 v winner QF4

The semi-final matches will be played at venues designated by EPCR, but the following clubs will have home country advantage in their respective semi-final matches:
      (a) For Semi-final 1
      If the clubs ranked 1 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 1 will have home country

If the clubs ranked 1 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 8 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home country advantage
      (b) For Semi-final 2
      If the clubs ranked 3 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 2 will have home country advantage
      If the clubs ranked 3 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 7 will have home country advantage
      If the clubs ranked 6 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage
      If the clubs ranked 6 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage
      Thanks for this. Have to confess I didn't realise it had changed. Interesting to note that if you are seeded 3 or 4, you can't get a home SF in any scenario.
      Biffo ate my future.

Comment

do not think it will be an easy 5 pointer vs Racing.
        it will be a different side one week before a TOP14 game.

Comment

How many other teams can still qualify mathematically? Might as well add them to the mix.
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

I dunno about others but I wanna see us play everyone and anyone at TP in the quarters. Would love Sarries... to see us dump them out.
            Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
              No
              Fraher Field?
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
                Two Irish provinces looking odds on for a home QF, great to see. Wonder what excuses will be trotted out to change the format again if either of us go all the way?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
                The same old tired ones.
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by frombrittany View Post
                  do not think it will be an easy 5 pointer vs Racing.
                  it will be a different side one week before a TOP14 game.
                  Plus we will have had two very tough, physical games! However I guess it depends on Racings' priorities - is it better for them to continue to rest their top players next weekend and then prepare them for the Top14 game by sending a strong side to Thomond Park or would they play those front-liners next weekend against Leicester and put on a good performance in front of their own fans?Only time will tell I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyemerald View Post
                    Plus we will have had two very tough, physical games! However I guess it depends on Racings' priorities - is it better for them to continue to rest their top players next weekend and then prepare them for the Top14 game by sending a strong side to Thomond Park or would they play those front-liners next weekend against Leicester and put on a good performance in front of their own fans?Only time will tell I suppose
                    I changed my prediction to Racing because I can't see them throwing the Leicester game at home. I really do fancy Munster to win in Glasgow, and I can see Saracens and Clermont slipping up away from home, especially if the former, correctly, have two players banned. What price Leinster and Munster being the top two QF seeds, I wonder? Getting light years ahead of myself, but imagine the naked fury of the Nigels if both semi finals ended up being played in Ireland. All the Christmas cheese is making me day dream!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think Racing will look to win this one and give their first choice side a run out to keep them ticking over. They won't want another beating on their home patch. Waiting to see the teams announced before finalising my prediction though!

Comment

Racing have nothing to play for now , leceister could and should do a number on them that keeps their game against Glasgow very relevant to our group , interesting weekend ahead as always
                        Still there's a light I hold before me
                        You're the measure of my dreams
                        The measure of my dreams.

Comment

1. Saracens 26
                          2. Clermont 26
                          3. Wasps 22
                          4. Leinster 22
                          5. Munster 21
                          6. Connacht 19
                          7. Glasgow 18
                          8. Ulster 18

We'll play Leinster in the aviva and then sarries in the aviva and then clermont in edinburgh!

Comment

Originally posted by xRedmanx View Post
                            1. Saracens 26
                            2. Clermont 26
                            3. Wasps 22
                            4. Leinster 22
                            5. Munster 21
                            6. Connacht 19
                            7. Glasgow 18
                            8. Ulster 18

We'll play Leinster in the aviva and then sarries in the aviva and then clermont in edinburgh!
                            Wouldn't sarries get home semi final if they were top seeds?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                              I changed my prediction to Racing because I can't see them throwing the Leicester game at home. I really do fancy Munster to win in Glasgow, and I can see Saracens and Clermont slipping up away from home, especially if the former, correctly, have two players banned. What price Leinster and Munster being the top two QF seeds, I wonder? Getting light years ahead of myself, but imagine the naked fury of the Nigels if both semi finals ended up being played in Ireland. All the Christmas cheese is making me day dream!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give up the cheese but I love the rest, as if you were on a bar stool having a "what if" conversation, quite normal behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by djfitz08 View Post
                                Wouldn't sarries get home semi final if they were top seeds?
                                If the clubs ranked 1 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home country advantage

Comment

Working...
                                X