No announcement yet.

ECC QF Line up 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A semi final played in England against Saracens would attract more Munster supporters than Saracens ones, anyway. They shouldn't be able to use their PA system as an offensive weapon either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I presume a "home" semi final for an irish teams would still be in the aviva?

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
        Two Irish provinces looking odds on for a home QF, great to see. Wonder what excuses will be trotted out to change the format again if either of us go all the way?

It's wot the fans want, innit?

Comment

I wonder if Llanelli can do a number on saracens
          Con Artist

Comment

The locations id want to avoid for the quarters at all costs in order are Sarries, leinster, Clermont. We'd make a game of any of them but I cant see us winning (this season anyway)

Comment

Highly subjective and would predict 6 out of the 8 teams named will not finish with the points or there predicted finishing postion that the42 have predicted!

They are making quite a few assumptions based on spurious facts.

Could quite easily end up
              CA 26
              Leinster 26
              Munster 26
              Down to pd to decide 1-3 seeds

Wasps 22/23
              Saracens 22
              Connacht 19
              Ulster 19

Or numerous other combinations will be more cold cut after round 5

Comment

Originally posted by dermotmccarthy View Post
                Highly subjective and would predict 6 out of the 8 teams named will not finish with the points or there predicted finishing postion that the42 have predicted!

They are making quite a few assumptions based on spurious facts.

Could quite easily end up
                CA 26
                Leinster 26
                Munster 26
                Down to pd to decide 1-3 seeds

Wasps 22/23
                Saracens 22
                Connacht 19
                Ulster 19

Or numerous other combinations will be more cold cut after round 5
                I reckon Saracens will win 6/6 pool games and be number 1 seed.
                Also think Ulster will fall short and exit from the group stages. Injuries and results haven't been going their way this season so I think they might lose away to Exeter.

I think Munster and Leinster will get 25 max. We both have a very very tough away game to come and can't see either of us getting 10 points from next two games. I believe we could both get 9 and get home QFs, but I certainly don't see a BP win for Glasgow or Munster in that game.

Hope Connacht can claim a point away to Toulouse despite their hospital bill, will be a big ask but they've done it in Toulouse before.
                and my home, my home is there.

Comment

What's that noise? The sound of masses of unhatched chickens being counted?
                  "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                  Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

It would be too soon for this year but if Munster were to advance to the knock out stages next season and get a home SF, is there any possibility of playing it in Pairc Ui Chaoimh?

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
                      It would be too soon for this year but if Munster were to advance to the knock out stages next season and get a home SF, is there any possibility of playing it in Pairc Ui Chaoimh?
                      No
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Went through the matches one-by-one and came up with the following:

Saracens 27
                        Clermont 26
                        Munster 25
                        Leinster 24
                        Wasps 22
                        Toulouse 18
                        Glasgow 18
                        Ulster 17

Close enough to the 42.ie but wouldn't be very confident in that prediction. Bound to be a surprise or two.

That said, I would be fairly sure that:

Sarries, Clermont and Leinster will all have home quarters.

Wasps and Munster will qualify and one of them will get the remaining home QF.

Glasgow will qualify for an away QF.

The last two spots are a toss up between Toulouse,Connacht, Ulster and Montpellier, and even Scarlets have an outside chance. Toulouse are looking good to grab a place thanks to Connacht’s injury profile.

Comment

Saracens - 26
                          Leinster - 25
                          Clermont - 25
                          Wasps - 22
                          Munster - 21
                          Glasgow - 21
                          Toulouse - 18
                          Ulser - 17

Comment

I am not sure Glasgow will win in Leicester. Mauger will know that a loss at Welford road to Glasgow will obliterate any chance he has of getting the gig full time. The Tigers will be every bit as motivated as they were against Munster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would not be so confident we will beat Glasgow. They know they will have a hard time beating the Tigers away so their QF hopes really rely on beating us at home in a game I would have them as favourites.

Also if Wasps can deny Toulouse a LBP Connacht have a real chance to go through!
                              Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Lads ,correct me if I'm wrong but Leicester are not yet gone from qualification. If they do a Munster job on RM then they will be in the hunt for a runner up spot. They will be depending on Munster preventing Glasgow getting a try bonus. That should be good for us overall

Comment

Working...
                                X