Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington D.C.

Hey lads,

Just moved to the Washington D.C. area, anybody know of places to catch the games!? Much appreciated!

Originally posted by stickitupyourjumper View Post
    Hey lads,

Just moved to the Washington D.C. area, anybody know of places to catch the games!? Much appreciated!
    The White House is closed for renovations but due to reopen shortly.......Damien Varleys's not Donie Trump's.............
    '' You can't fix stupid ''

Comment

Originally posted by Exisle View Post
      The White House is closed for renovations but due to reopen shortly.......Damien Varleys's not Donie Trump's.............
      It's been open since before Christmas, could be any pub anywhere, old charm of the previous pub all gone.
      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
        It's been open since before Christmas, could be any pub anywhere, old charm of the previous pub all gone.
        Ah no, really? Haven't been in since it changed hands.

Comment

Originally posted by stickitupyourjumper View Post
          Hey lads,

i would advise getting the rugby channel.tv it's $4.99 a month but there's a decent amount of Munster games on there, live and on Demand for those dreaded Friday evening games. Also for the ECC games the watch ESPN app can have games but you're not always guaranteed The Munster games. NBC sports has Aviva Premiership.

Most Irish pubs will have The Six Nations games. I can't give you specific pubs but RiRa in Georgetown may have them or the staff having a heavy Irish contingent may set you in the right direction

Comment

not a lot of options for Irish rugby - plenty of spots show the 6 Nations but HEC and Pro12 tougher....

Definitely you should invest in a satellite option, but if you want the bar thing Hobans just off Dupont Circle or Flanagans in Bethesda are worth checking out. You could also try Summers in Arlington. Bit none of them are really rugby bars. I've been gone from there 5 years now so things may have changed.

Comment

Hobans on DuPont circle is where I've gone in the past (sister in law is in DC).

Other than that, Mobdro and a Chromecast.

Sent from my Nokia 3210.
              "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys! Might give Hobans a go for the HC game Saturday, otherwise it sounds like a subscription is the way to go. Appreciate the help

Comment

I've watched hurling matches before in Fado (808 7th St NW) near chinatown. Good bar with good food and a bunch of TV's. I'd imagine they would show rugby also. Always best to call the bar in advance to check though, could be clashes with soccer matches etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X