X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GP12) Connacht Away, Round 12 5.30pm New Year's Eve @ The Sportsground

Looks to me like a banana skin....
    Gwan Joe!!

They have major injury problems right now. Were without 21 players for trip to Ulster. Only had 9 fit backs etc...

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
      They have major injury problems right now. Were without 21 players for trip to Ulster. Only had 9 fit backs etc...

They took it handy in Ravenhill imo and beat Wasps the last time out in Galway.
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Rassie mentioned that there will be rotations for this one. We could see a lot of changes - McCabe Marshall archer O'shea Foley DOC Copeland Oliver in the pack. Toma Keatley Arnold Saili ROM Conway ????

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
          No doubt they will be up for it. Ulster weren't great had 2 tries early in 2nd half, failed to get the BP.

No doubt many changes to be made with 3 Euro games in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by breakfast roll View Post
            Rassie mentioned that there will be rotations for this one. We could see a lot of changes - McCabe Marshall archer O'shea Foley DOC Copeland Oliver in the pack. Toma Keatley Arnold Saili ROM Conway ????
            Goggin?
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Arnold has played on the wing, so he could put goggin in centre alright.

Comment

Looks to me like a banana skin....
                Wouldn't call it a banana skin but will be tough game.

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                They do have issues with injuries but some of them have cleared up and there's guys back and Munster have a short turnaround from today and have the extra European game to focus on.
                Did they take it handy in Belfast though?

Originally posted by breakfast roll View Post

Comment

You could put out a decent team with loads of rotation: Conway ROM Saili Arnold Earls Keatley Williams Cronin Marshall Archer Kleyn Holland DOC Oliver Copeland.

Some of those may be injury doubts and you'd probably be light on the bench but there is scope to rest some lads.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
                  Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                  Munster: Early Season
                  Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                  Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                  Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Connacht can't expect the pride and passion will return just because they are at home, any more than we can. A good team team selection and focused minds and see Munster turn the Xmas series into a 2-0, 9 point return
                    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Will be tough for Munster with most of the Internationals rested
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Copeland is injured isn't he? I know Dave O Callaghan is back in training but Conor Oliver is still working his way back from a hamstring. Possibly it could be DOC, JOD and Billy H in the backrow as we have several good options for 2nd row such as Dave Foley and Darren O'Shea. From Rassie's comments after the match they have already pretty much selected the squad for Galway and have been preparing already.

Comment

Pretty sure Copeland played 8 for Munster A's back-to-back games vs Rotherham. With guys playing for European places I hope we can scrape a win in Galway.

Team I'd like to see:
                          1. Thomas du Toit 2. Rhys Marshall 3. Stephen Archer 4. Dave Foley 5. Darren O'Shea 6. Robin Copeland 7. Conor Oliver 8. Jack O'Donoghue
                          9. Duncan Williams 10. Ian Keatley
                          11. Ronan O'Mahony 12. Sam Arnold 13. Francis Saili 14. Keith Earls 15. Andrew Conway

16. Kevin O'Byrne 17. Peter McCabe 18. Brian Scott 19. Billy Holland 20. Dave O'Callaghan 21. Te Aihe Toma 22. Steve Crosbie 23. Dan Goggin
                          and my home, my home is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                            Will be tough for Munster with most of the Internationals rested
                            Connacht had 21 players out at the last count. I'm sure some of them will be back next week but Munster have no reason to think they are underdogs.
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Would love a win 😊

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
                              Marty in the Morning

Comment

Working...
                              X