Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most difficult run of games in Munster Rugby history??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most difficult run of games in Munster Rugby history??

Here we have the fixture list.. .almost all are must win games, or Need to win games for glory or provincial pride... but how many do we think we will win?

Click image for larger version

Name:	challenging.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	2497652

December
    Fri 2 Dec 19.35 Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby Scotstoun Stadium BBC ALBA/TG4

Sat 10 Dec 15:15 ERCHAMPC-P1 Munster Rugby v Leicester Tigers Thomond Park BT/beIN

Sat 17 Dec 15:15 ERCHAMPC-P1 Leicester Tigers v Munster Rugby Welford Road BT/beIN

Mon 26 Dec 17:30 GUINNESS P Munster Rugby v Leinster Rugby Thomond Park TG4/Sky

Sat 31 Dec 17:30 GUINNESS P Connacht Rugby v Munster Rugby Sportsground TG4

January 2017

Sat 7 Jan 16:45 ERCHAMPC-P1 Racing 92 v Munster Rugby Stade Yves-du-Manoir FR2/Sky/beIN

13/14/15 Jan
    ERCHAMPC-P1 Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby Scotstoun Stadium

20/21/22 Jan
    ERCHAMPC-P1 Munster Rugby v Racing 92 Thomond Park
    0.00%
    0.00%
    4.44%
    8.89%
    20.00%
    13.33%
    17.78%
    6.67%
    Gavin Henson
    28.89%
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

this is where it all went south last season. we had connacht (h), dragons (a), leicester (h + a), leinster (h), ulster (a) and stade f (h + a) in 8 weeks and we won 2 of 8.

the biggest difference between this season and last would be squad depth......i hope.

Comment

I don't think it's the most difficult. This time in 07/08 was pretty tight too - with an away loss to Wasps already on the board. Leinster at home (which we lost), the back to back with the Scarlets, away to Clermont and Wasps coming to us.

Anyway...predictions...

2/12 - Will the internationals be straight back in? With, I think we might nick it. But I suspect a narrow away loss.

We'll beat Tigers at Thomond.

We'll beat Tigers at Welford Road.

We'll beat Leinster at Thomond.

We'll lost to Connacht in Galway.

We'll get a losing BP in Paris.

We'll beat Glasgow in Glasgow.

We'll beat Racing at Thomond to go through.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

This squad is only getting warmed up.

Bring on the big names, we owe everybody a bating.
        I am the million man.

Comment

Spot on Balla Boy

Comment

An insane run of games - and I can't fupping wait.

This is where we really stand up and be counted. It's going to be a special few weeks.

Very confident it'll see us out of our group for the first time since 2014.

Comment

Capable of winning them all. Every other team has a packed schedule too. All wins bar a losing bonus point away to Racing I would hope.
              and my home, my home is there.

Comment

Originally posted by untilyouhearthatbell View Post
                Capable of winning them all. Every other team has a packed schedule too. All wins bar a losing bonus point away to Racing I would hope.
                Not a hope IMO of that. Every other team does have a fairly packed schedule but considering we've a rearranged European game in there....
                Wont be anything near all wins, will be at least 2 losses. Galway and Paris losses maybe another.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                  Not a hope IMO of that. Every other team does have a fairly packed schedule but considering we've a rearranged European game in there....
                  Wont be anything near all wins, will be at least 2 losses. Galway and Paris losses maybe another.
                  Leicester-Galway-Paris, I think 5 wins is feasible but a big ask.
                  I am the million man.

Comment

The titans game is must win
                    Stand up and fight

Comment

Originally posted by untilyouhearthatbell View Post

You'd have to assume that after the back to back with Tigers and the Leinster home game that some players will be rested/carrying niggles for the Connacht away match.
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                        Yeah I'm being over optimistic but I believe it can be done! There are Pro12 fixtures the weekend of our rearranged trip to Paris (I know they're a different level and intensity but there are still fixtures, i.e. Glasgow will have a game the week before we play them and may not rest absolutely everyone).

Target the double over Leicester firstly, and then theres 8-9 days until Leinster to regroup (17th-26th). Connacht then might be a tough ask alright but we've got the depth. 5 or 6 wins would delight me, but I still have hope of more!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          Leicester-Galway-Paris, I think 5 wins is feasible but a big ask.
                          Wasps have won there this year. But Tigers are in pretty solid form. I think if we keep up our current level, knock lumps out of them in Thomond and get some momentum up then I think we can catch them at Welford Road.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                            Wasps have won there this year. But Tigers are in pretty solid form. I think if we keep up our current level, knock lumps out of them in Thomond and get some momentum up then I think we can catch them at Welford Road.
                            If we can keep the Tigers empty handed leaving Thomond Park they will have lost 2 out of 3 games and have just 4 points to show. That would put us in a fantastic place. However similarly to Munster, Leicester had very few guys away on international duty so they've been together for the last few weeks. We can do what Glasgow did to them in Scotstoun in Round 1 which is give them a thumping.

Comment

Thats an awful run of games. If ye get away with wins and only two losses it would be a good period.
                              Still so much depends on the form and fitness of the 10. Thats alot of rugby to be played in a short period of time.
                              Should have signed Jimmy Goppert . He would have loved the surfing in lahinch
                              When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Working...
                              X