Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GP12-G10) Glasgow v Munster TG4 & BBC Alba 19:35 Fri 2 December

Erasmus warns table toppers Munster: 'Now we are going into big games'

A trip to Glasgow Warriors is next up for the southern province after a facile win over Treviso yesterday.

Erasmus has welcomed the return of his Irish internationals to the province.

http://www.the42.ie/erasmus-munster-treviso-pro-12-reaction-3105099-Nov2016/

RASSIE ERASMUS ADMITTED he was satisfied with his side’s seven-try demolition of Treviso, but that he was keen to get stuck into bigger challenges that await in the next month.

Munster climbed to the top of the Pro12 with this win on the back of Leinster’s defeat the previous night, but starting on Friday next away to Glasgow Warriors, Erasmus is expecting a far tougher test.
    Warriors are also one of the Munster’s pool rivals in the Champions Cup and they will be keen to lay down a marker and recover from their own surprise home defeat to Ospreys this weekend.
    And with big challenges to come from Warriors and Leicester Tigers (twice) in the next three weeks Erasmus is keen to reintegrate his international contingent, while retaining his match-winning formula.
    “Now we are going into big games so it’s it the old clichés the next few games are so important now,” said the province’s director of rugby.
    “We have Glasgow before we go into a few games in Europe and Glasgow are one of European games as well so a lot of decision making around team selection now.
    “Hopefully we get the boys involved in the Irish set up back injury free and we have to make clever decisions now around form and match fitness and obviously longevity over these next six, seven, eight or nine weeks over Christmas and into the new year.”
    Both Ronan O’Mahony and Andrew Conway did their chances of European inclusion no harm at all with two tries each, while Darren O’Shea and Alex Wootton scored their first tries for the province, and Robin Copeland also dotted down.
    Munster reported an almost clean bill of health after the game – a dead leg for Tommy O’Donnell was the sole concern – but another five points to the tally was the least they deserved.
    “Happy with it is a good way of putting it but there was still enough errors out there,” said Erasmus.
    “But then when you make so many changes and getting guys back and putting guys on and taking off a few guys, I guess you’ll get some stuff which isn’t too fluent, but overall I think satisfying.”
    I am the million man.

Ya this weekend will be tough. . . . .

I wonder will we have Donnacha back seeing as he didn't feature yesterday, Peter O M has had limited game time too so hopefully he'll feature. Killer too.

Stander and Murray and Zebo won't I'm guessing.

Do Glasgow rest International players or is it straight back into it for them? There seems to be no comparison between the side they can field during International windows and outside of them.

Comment

Hope its a strong selection as I am going to this one.
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

A win for us next weekend would be great, Leinster will surely get a 5 pointer next weekend.

This is one night where a friday night game is good for us, we'll have an extra day's recovery before our Leicester game.

Have Leicester many players involved in the English Squad? They play next week to so Leicester might have a bit of disruption in the lead in to our game.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
          A win for us next weekend would be great, Leinster will surely get a 5 pointer next weekend.

This is one night where a friday night game is good for us, we'll have an extra day's recovery before our Leicester game.

Have Leicester many players involved in the English Squad? They play next week to so Leicester might have a bit of disruption in the lead in to our game.
          Just Cole and Youngs so not many but crucial positions

Comment

Originally posted by Lad View Post

"Manu Tuilagi came safely through his latest comeback from injury with a 20-minute stint as Leicester beat Bristol 21-16 at Ashton Gate.

The England centre, who had not played since the opening weekend of the season because of a groin injury, came on in the final quarter as Leicester inflicted a ninth successive Premiership defeat on Bristol and moved to within a point of third-placed Wasps"
            I am the million man.

Comment

Would be great if they started a half fit Tuilagi. I'd fancy Scannell and Taute to put manners on him.

For glasgow I'd like to see us go with

1. Kilcoyne 2. Scannell 3. Ryan 4. Ryan 5. Kleyn 6. Holland 7. POM 8. Stander 9. Murray 10. Bleyendaal 11. Earls 12. Scannell 13. Taute 14. Sweetnam 15. Zebo

I think with this team we can soak pressure all day and likely disrupt their lineout significantly. They'll come hard at us after the last encounter. That pack will chop down anything that moves.
              Last edited by donnersredpants; 28th-November-2016, 12:50. Reason: original was unclear

Comment

Originally posted by Lad View Post
                Ellis Genge also involved

Comment

Originally posted by Giggsy View Post
                  Ellis Genge also involved
                  Genge has started Leicester's last two matches and was on the bench for the two previous fixtures. I know he's in England's extended squad though, so may have been training with them in between?
                  O'Gara with the drop at goal, has gone between the posts! Ronan O'Gara, between the posts! After about 145 phases! O'Gara between the posts!
                  - Michael Corcoran

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelRobartes View Post
                    Genge has started Leicester's last two matches and was on the bench for the two previous fixtures. I know he's in England's extended squad though, so may have been training with them in between?
                    Yeah Genge was in the squad but played for Leicester on Friday so I'd expect that he's back with Leicester unless there's an injury in the England squad. Don't know TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelRobartes View Post
                      Yeah scored a try the other night against bristol.. I'd assume that's the case anyway, he was named as one of the 33 at camp in pennyhill yesterday

Comment

Not a must win game - but if Munster did win it would be some marker in terms of the league (and HCUP) and with most top half teams already played away from home(Ospreys to come) would put a top 2 finish very much in the sights.
                        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Giggsy View Post
                          Yeah scored a try the other night against bristol.. I'd assume that's the case anyway, he was named as one of the 33 at camp in pennyhill yesterday
                          He did indeed. Really poor behaviour for a kid from Knowle West to be scoring against Bristol!
                          O'Gara with the drop at goal, has gone between the posts! Ronan O'Gara, between the posts! After about 145 phases! O'Gara between the posts!
                          - Michael Corcoran

Comment

Video of them laying their trampoline

Never thought it would go down on a bed of tarmacadam! You can see the road laying bitelli machine about a third of the way in.
                            Last edited by Cowboy; 28th-November-2016, 15:34.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Got to go back to Scotstoun in January so I would imagine that Rassie wont want to give anything away in this game. They demolished Leicester in Round 1 which scares me, but also let's me believe that we can do the same to Leicester in Thomond Park.
                              and my home, my home is there.

Comment

Working...
                              X