Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foley leads Munster to 20-0 win

Relief was the main emotion.

It was a while since they won a game in this fashion. To me it doesn't matter that there was nothing tangible at stake. But pride, confidence and reputations - they were all at stake tonight.

Foley's leadership laid the foundation for most of the following:

- The two forwards' tries

- Carney confidence totry that great run in the 2nd half - when was the last break like this from a Munster player?

- Mafi's confidence, quick feet and change of direction.

- The movement for Murphy's try.

- Donnacha Ryan's great show in the back row

- John O'Sullivan's fine performance

We needed the fringe players to show up and get a WIN! They did everything that was asked.

If Munster can turn up for the remaining ML games, then value will come out of them.

And hearing the "Munster, Munster" chant at the end was great.

<!-
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

How did TOL play behind a decent pack &amp; inside O'Gara?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

<!-
      var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
      var SymReal;

Sym()
      {
      window.open = SymWinOpen;
      if(SymReal != null)
      SymReal();
      }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
      {
      if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
      SymReal&#079;nLoad();
      window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
      SymReal = window.;
      window. = Sym;
      }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
      window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

IMO, O'Leary is a decent player but is not a scrum half at this level. Tonight's game hasn't changedmy view. His passingremainshis majorproblem.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus

I hear Mossie was top notch

He was. I thought he deserved man of the match ahead of Mafi.

Comment

Mafi MOM - deservedly but could have gone to Carney
          Carney sublime in attack and immense in defence
          Lively B Murphy limped off towards the end
          Axel looked superb - he hasn't gone away you know
          The Bull was everywhere, even on Carney's shoulder for that 2nd half
          break
          Mossie looked like he'd been there all season
          O'Sullivan at 7 and Marcus stood out too.

As comforting as a good mug of Horlicks.
          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Don't forget, you were playing against what was effectively a Llanelli Scarlets 'A' side, and even some of them had an eye on next weekend, sodon't get too excited!

Comment

TOL was poor in his passing

Carney was impressive very strong,great offload, good running and i think the high tackles were very dodgy calls,just a terrible shame he did not join munster earlier

mossie was ok but not MOTM carney possibly

but it has to be looked at in the context of who was being played

Comment

Originally posted by Leinster Zulu
                Don't forget, you were playing against what was effectively a Llanelli Scarlets 'A' side, and even some of them had an eye on next weekend, sodon't get too excited!

We must thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to come on here and tell us that.

Comment

Originally posted by desperate dan

We must thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to come on here and tell us that.

I was making a remark as a neutral...

Ronan O'Gara had another poor match tonight, he is really struggling for form at the moment, not good for Ireland!

Comment

good win bu let's not get carried away.

nothing game against weak opposition.

positives for me are Carney, mossy, ryan &amp; mafi.

Need to add some gas to backline for next season and must say carney looks savage.

reckon he could make irish side in a yr at this rate.

far more intelligent than shane horgan.

Comment

Ronan O'Gara had another poor match tonight, he is really struggling for form at the moment, not good for Ireland!

Fair enough mate but if you are neutral, maybe you should change your username just a thought.

Comment

again... we thank you...... any help with leaving cert maths.. i'm your guy....
                        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by caomhan

Carney was impressive very strong,great offload, good running and i think the high tackles were very dodgy calls,just a terrible shame he did not join munster earlier

I did not think either of those tackles were high, very harsh calls.

Mossie was better than okI could honestly not fault his performance where as Mafi knocked on in the tackle a few times butCarney was man of the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Thet Fella

Mossie was better than okI could honestly not fault his performance where as Mafi knocked on in the tackle a few times butCarney was man of the match.

yeah agreethat was my outlook on the carney tackles aswell,

and i agree again with your summation of mossie and mafiin that game, mafi tends to duck under tackles, he could get hurt badly by accident doing that alot of the time IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Thet Fella

yeah agreethat was my outlook on the carney tackles aswell,

and i agree again with your summation of mossie and mafiin that game, mafi tends to duck under tackles, he could get hurt badly by accident doing that alot of the time IMO

Those high tackle calls by the ref against Carney were a joke. The great thing about Carney beside that great run and offload, was his tackling in the 10 channel. He seemed to be there waiting for any breaks and quickly brought them to a halt.
                              Yeah with one foot in the grave and one foot on the pedal, I was born a rebel

Comment

Working...
                              X