Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G12-G7) Ulster V Munster FRI 28 OCT 19:05KO. TG4 & BBC NI

Game thread opened

Top plays fifth but only 3 league points seperate us on the table. Hopefully a good game, Ulsters tribute to Axel was a kind and heartfelt touch.

Mumhan Abu
    Last edited by Cowboy; 25th-October-2016, 16:40.
    I am the million man.

Camp Joe takes over now, so I'd imagine we will be without:
    Zebo, Earls (altho prob banned anyway), Murray, Killer, D Ryan, CJ, POM and maybe TOD.
    Ulster w/o Payne, Trimble, Jackson, Best, Henderson.

Comment

So young Scott needs to go North and start, looking forward to seeing what he can do. John Ryan could be off too as will a few more of Ulsters backs.
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Who's likely to be missing from the Ulster pack?
        Henderson and Best. Anyone else?

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I am thinking of heading to this on Friday night as will be in Belfast for a game the following day. Where is the best place for tickets please?
          "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in.
          I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.
          A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me?
          No! I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Should Conway come back into the side if he's fit or is that Sweets' jersey now?

Comment

Originally posted by Lad View Post
              Should Conway come back into the side if he's fit or is that Sweets' jersey now?
              11 Rom
              14 Sweets
              15 Conway

?
              I am the million man.

Comment

Have read above RE: Ireland squad and realise it's irrelevant for this match.

What about if Earls was available though?

Comment

Ulster: 15 Jared Payne, 14 Andrew Trimble (c), 13 Luke Marshall, 12 Stuart Olding, 11 Charles Piutau, 10 Paddy Jackson, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Roger Wilson, 7 Sean Reidy, 6 Iain Henderson, 5 Franco van der Merwe, 4 Pete Browne, 3 Rodney Ah You, 2 Rory Best, 1 Kyle McCall
                  Replacements: 16 Rob Herring, 17 Andrew Warwick, 18 Ross Kane, 19 Alan O’Connor, 20 Clive Ross, 21 Paul Marshall, 22 Craig Gilroy, 23 Tommy Bowe

This is the side they put out last weekend, we can ignore the bench I reckon for Joe camp. Only Ah You is in contention apart from Best / Henderson
                  My computer thinks I'm gay
                  What's the difference anyway
                  When all the people do all day
                  Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Lad View Post
                    Have read above RE: Ireland squad and realise it's irrelevant for this match.

What about if Earls was available though?
                    I'd say Zebo and Earlsy are in the top 30 players for Joe, would be bloody awesome if Sweets was called up this week too! At the moment I dont think there is a Leinster back 3 player guaranteed of his place in the Irish 23.

On the game itself, I suppose a slump is likely to arrive, firstly because you cant play the way they did every week that intensity was abnormal. Secondly, because things will settle down now and they have to figure out who does what on the sideline, there may be a bit of upheaval in the quieter times now.

They've been defying the odds though, they could do it again! The squad came on so far in the past week, as CJ says theres far more men in that group now than there were.
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Thoughtireland camp not til after this weekend's game??

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                        Camp Joe takes over now, so I'd imagine we will be without:
                        Zebo, Earls (altho prob banned anyway), Murray, Killer, D Ryan, CJ, POM and maybe TOD.
                        Ulster w/o Payne, Trimble, Jackson, Best, Henderson.
                        I can't see Earls being banned, surely the red card has to be enough for a very marginal red card given his elbow made first contact as the Glasgow hooker twisted himself into the ground.

Will Ah You not be in camp Joe with Furlong a doubt and Moore certainly not released by the Pests?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                          I can't see Earls being banned, surely the red card has to be enough for a very marginal red card given his elbow made first contact as the Glasgow hooker twisted himself into the ground.

Will Ah You not be in camp Joe with Furlong a doubt and Moore certainly not released by the Pests?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          A dictate went out to all officials last week, about the Tip tackle, and that it was a red card.
                          On that basis, it wasn't a marginal red.

Not sure on whether he is banned or not, I guess we will find out by 3pm today.

Comment

Originally posted by oilean View Post
                            Thoughtireland camp not til after this weekend's game??
                            IRFU game management comes into play. You can be sure anyone close to the 23 for Chicago will not bee playing this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                              A dictate went out to all officials last week, about the Tip tackle, and that it was a red card.
                              On that basis, it wasn't a marginal red.

Not sure on whether he is banned or not, I guess we will find out by 3pm today.
                              That's not how Garces played it though! He was looking at the head/shoulders aspect so either he didn't get the dictat, or he just ignored it
                              "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Working...
                              X