No announcement yet.

Anthony Foley RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn’t enjoy Quinnie’s one too much, the language in it wasn’t great. Very simplistic. Enjoyed ROGs and Axels the most
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Bull's was good, I thought. I did enjoy what I read of Quinny's, although I only got halfway through it before I had to leave where I was staying at the time and haven't yet followed up on it. Stringer's is a reasonable read as well, albeit a little more formulaic once it got further into his professional career. None is as good as Moss Keane's though.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
        I didn’t enjoy Quinnie’s one too much, the language in it wasn’t great. Very simplistic. Enjoyed ROGs and Axels the most
        Yes really like ROGs,

Comment

ROG had two I think.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
            Bull's was good, I thought. I did enjoy what I read of Quinny's, although I only got halfway through it before I had to leave where I was staying at the time and haven't yet followed up on it. Stringer's is a reasonable read as well, albeit a little more formulaic once it got further into his professional career. None is as good as Moss Keane's though.
            I've a signed copy. Treasured.
            'My mother often wondered how we survived at all, surrounded as we were by Lyons', Savages and Woulfes'
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I met Axel in the Book Centre in Waterford when it was published and he signed a dedication on it to my young fellow. It’s a valued possession now.

Munster had lost a game the night before and I asked him his thoughts on the game but he wouldn’t say a bad word about them. Munster to the core
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                I have Moss’s and when he was signing it I told him I was given it for Christmas. A treasured possession now is his book signed “Is this all they gave you for Christmas?” Moss Keane.

The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness View Post

I have Moss’s and when he was signing it I told him I was given it for Christmas. A treasured possession now is his book signed “Is this all they gave you for Christmas?” Moss Keane.
                  Priceless
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness View Post

Very good
                    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Somebody spending their lockdown time creatively.

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/buzz/li...n-lego-mosaic/
                      The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                        X