Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching Rugby_Poland

Hi,
    Going to be in Poland for the Glasgow and Racing 92 European games in October.
    Could anyone recommend a rugby pub in Wroclaw and Krakow?
    "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
    Will Greenwood

There's an Irish pub just off the main square in Wroclaw. I don't know the name of it and the pints are literally twice as expensive as everywhere else, but they might have it.

Comment

Think it's the "Guinness bar" you're referring to? I've emailed and sent them a facebook message earlier in the week but haven't received a reply.
      "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
      Will Greenwood

Comment

Dont go there, its possibly the worst bar there! They might have it on, but I wouldnt bet on it.
        Few nice gentlemen clubs there though, although you probably wouldnt be going there to watch the match.

If you're staying somewhere that has wifi - I'd watch it on your phone.
        Stand up and fight

Comment

Used to be a small place called Non-Iron on ul. Marka in Krakow which showed rugby. Polish owner is/was a rugby head. That said, I think it was Sky only back in the day so not sure what's current. (The place I was going to recommend Nic Nowego, my favourite Krakow bar, I just found out closed it's doors back in late 2012. Getting old so I am. Other than that, in terms of a 'sportsbar' sad to say, the other obvious choice would be the bar in the Sheraton...

Wroclaw, no idea.

Comment

Watched the 6n matches in Krakow 2 years ago.First day we went to Bull Bar on the northern edge of the main square,second day we went to Pod Papugami,same area about 100m off the square.Pod was an "irish" pub but good food and beer was cheap enough.Bull bar was an "english" pub,noisier with a few stag and hen parties.
            If they show the 6n chances are they'll show the Euro games.

Comment

Got an email back from Pod Papugami saying they will be showing the euro games...Now to track down somewhere in wroclaw ( i did ask the wroclaw rugby club and they suggested Pub Felicità...Apparently it will be showing it but on Italian SKY Sports.English would obviously be preferred!)
              Will Greenwood

Comment

Contact a place called Winners / The Winners. Call themselves Wroclaw's ONLY sports bar. https://www.facebook.com/TheWinnersPub/ http://thewinnerspub.pl/home,2,en.html

Might be your best bet...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post
                  Got an email back from Pod Papugami saying they will be showing the euro games...Now to track down somewhere in wroclaw ( i did ask the wroclaw rugby club and they suggested Pub Felicità...Apparently it will be showing it but on Italian SKY Sports.English would obviously be preferred!)
                  I live here. The 6N is on Polish Satellite TV so pretty easy to get. When it comes to the HEC take whatever you're offered. The only way to get it is via the internet or with a giant Sky (2-3m) dish. I would say there are only 4-5 venues in the whole country showing HEC.

Comment

my ol' doll is from krakow.
                    She says check out
                    pod papugami near the market square.

or Knajpy is owned by a former polish rugby player.. not fancy, not irish

Comment

Originally posted by Red October View Post
                      Contact a place called Winners / The Winners. Call themselves Wroclaw's ONLY sports bar. https://www.facebook.com/TheWinnersPub/ http://thewinnerspub.pl/home,2,en.html

Might be your best bet...
                      Forgot about that place - we watched the RWC there and they have great food!
                      Stand up and fight

Comment

Thanks Lads for the info.
                        @Red October- i will give the winners pub a shout...Seems like a bit of a soccer only place but worth a shout.
                        Will Greenwood

Comment

Working...
                        X