G12-G3) Dragons V Munster. 5.15 on Sky Sports. 17/9/16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G12-G3) Dragons V Munster. 5.15 on Sky Sports. 17/9/16

Kleyn can help if Foley is injured, might see Taute involved if Rory Scannell ain't fit.

Munster would really really benefit from Murray's direction at 9 to close out the game
    I am the million man.

Having Murray to play all 80 minutes would be wonderful. We need to have at least one half back of pro12 standard next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kleyn will replace Foley with Ryan starting with Holland I'd imagine. CJ will start at 8 with JOD playing at 7. Duncan will start with Murray coming on. Bohane and Goggin in the centre with Earls coming on.

Comment

The game we needed Murray for was v Cardiff in Cork, the IRFU meddling in when we play International players needs to stop. It's costing us and in the long run costing the IRFU too.

Comment

You know when you get off the train, take your first steps out of the station and you've had 2 cans on the journey, stand still and look around and just wonder how you've ended up back in the 1980's?

That's Newport. And this badass mofo can't wait for next weekend! I'm already going with a 59-0 Munster win.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
            The game we needed Murray for was v Cardiff in Cork, the IRFU meddling in when we play International players needs to stop. It's costing us and in the long run costing the IRFU too.
            Absolutely. The whole thing will fall apart if the provinces aren't delivering.
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

The players have to be managed. Murray needed a break as he had a long 2 seasons.

What Munster really need are decent backups to Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by MOS View Post
                You know when you get off the train, take your first steps out of the station and you've had 2 cans on the journey, stand still and look around and just wonder how you've ended up back in the 1980's?

That's Newport. And this badass mofo can't wait for next weekend! I'm already going with a 59-0 Munster win.
                Newport is a great place. Daft as a chicken with lipstick and friendly passionate rugby fans as one eyed as anywhere.
                I am the million man.

Comment

The sad truth is we need Murray for pretty much every game, so do Ireland. That's what so worrying because that is a lot of rugby, and with the Lions this year as well, (which you'd imagine he'll be part of unless, God forbid, he gets injured).
                  We could have the best players in the country from 1-8 and 11-15 but without a good 9 and 10 we might as well go home, it all falls apart. We had 10 set, we had the position sorted, Holland was going to be our no.1 out half and then he had to retire and there's not much anyone could have done about that, it's really unfortunate, but we have to deal with that now. The position we're in at 9 however is ridiculous, how is it that our back up 9s are still TOL and Williams. It's like we're stuck in some form of time loop.
                  The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Doing the day trip for this one. Can be back in Leics after the match for a few drinks before closing time. I will have to make sure Ernie leaves the back door open for me.
                    www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

It's a very good point. Munster cut out some of the deadwood and perceived deadwood at the end of last season to free up some cash for rassie and Jacques. Jordan coghlan, geroid Lyonshall and buckley went by their own accord with Cossy to Nottingham.

But reading Ryan foley interview he was cut. Young Cullen also left. Sheridan was cut also. That's 3 scrum half's. 1-2 of which were better then the 2 understudy to Murray we have.

TOL is the last man standing from our 08 title side and was a fine servant to munster. It was mentioned here that his traditional strengths were his defense and his physicality. His passing was never in the realm of what stringer could deliver. Now he appears a shadow of his former self.

It astounds me how Duncan williams has survived countless video analysis that clearly show he is not built physically or of the required skill set for such a key position. Just like in ROGs latter years in red williams is targeted repeatedly as a defensive weak link. When hounded by an opposition pack he invariably loses possession. On Friday he kicked aimlessly away vast chunks of our possession.

Sheridan may not have been the answer but physically he was stronger and had a much more Stringer like service off both sides. Ryan foley also struck me as a 9 with some potential having seen him play for Con in the AIL.

One guy I cannot understand was not invested in properly was Neil cronin (Sean cronin little brother). He has a bullet pass off both sides, he has an electric turn of pace (similar to kieran marmion) and he is Garyowen's main goal kicker.

Whatever loyalty axel has for Duncan williams I had hoped rassie would operate under a clean slate and select on merit. Sadly some of his options at 9 were removed prior to his arrival.

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                      The sad truth is we need Murray for pretty much every game, so do Ireland. That's what so worrying because that is a lot of rugby, and with the Lions this year as well, (which you'd imagine he'll be part of unless, God forbid, he gets injured).
                      We could have the best players in the country from 1-8 and 11-15 but without a good 9 and 10 we might as well go home, it all falls apart. We had 10 set, we had the position sorted, Holland was going to be our no.1 out half and then he had to retire and there's not much anyone could have done about that, it's really unfortunate, but we have to deal with that now. The position we're in at 9 however is ridiculous, how is it that our back up 9s are still TOL and Williams. It's like we're stuck in some form of time loop.
                      Last edited by Troymaclure; 11th-September-2016, 13:15.
                      "The only person that I have met, that I have ever been in awe of, is Eddie Vedder." -
                      Pete Sampras

Comment

We are all entitled to our opinions but your account of Williams is completely at odds with what I have seen several times on the park. I would say your memory of Sheridan is a bit romantic also.

I have seen Williams put in some vital and big tackles in games over the last few seasons. You label him as a defensive weak link. I don't see teams running players down his channel unopposed every game.

There are areas of his game lacking there is no doubt about it, both in general and as games go on (I think his passes worsens with fatigue through phases noticeably), but I must say I think some of what you are levelling against him there is unfair.

Its also worth remembering when people are relentlessly cutting the guy on here, as they do and have done, its not his fault he is our second choice 9 and its not his fault there is no one else there taking his place.

Comment

You're absolutely right that it's not his fault he is in this position. You can't fault the guy for trying and his commitment. If you can't negate your weaknesses it is either a case of you can't or you're not willing to work on those faults. I don't doubt that he's committed to the cause but sadly he's just not up to it.

It's slightly easier for a 9 to hide behind a pack then a weak link 10 that is visibly very prone. I have seen countless examples of williams being snagged by opposition arms, losing the ball in contact, getting charged down. This link sadly is one of many examples of this:
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IXg7QSkN9Tw

I certainly don't think my memory of Sheridan is romantic. He was never going to set the world alight but he was a solid 9 with good service.

You've hit the nail in the head though that everyone is entitled to their opinion. This is not a personal attack on williams as a person but more questioning how the munster brains trust continually put him forward ahead of better options available.

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                          We are all entitled to our opinions but your account of Williams is completely at odds with what I have seen several times on the park. I would say your memory of Sheridan is a bit romantic also.

I have seen Williams put in some vital and big tackles in games over the last few seasons. You label him as a defensive weak link. I don't see teams running players down his channel unopposed every game.

There are areas of his game lacking there is no doubt about it, both in general and as games go on (I think his passes worsens with fatigue through phases noticeably), but I must say I think some of what you are levelling against him there is unfair.

Its also worth remembering when people are relentlessly cutting the guy on here, as they do and have done, its not his fault he is our second choice 9 and its not his fault there is no one else there taking his place.
                          "The only person that I have met, that I have ever been in awe of, is Eddie Vedder." -
                          Pete Sampras

Comment

Originally posted by stevetelcom2000 View Post
                            Doing the day trip for this one. Can be back in Leics after the match for a few drinks before closing time. I will have to make sure Ernie leaves the back door open for me.
                            Will we see you doing the Shuffle on the TV again??
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Hopefully heading up for this one. My favourite destination out of the four in Wales, mainly because I haven't heard the crowd chant cheat at the referee. I am hoping that Murray and Earls will be involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X