10 years ago today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 years ago today

We became Heineken Cup champions for the first time.

Another thread open on this:

http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/3...-Entertainment
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
      We became Heineken Cup champions for the first time.
      There's a podcast up reliving the occasion

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/22626.php#.Vz8hZuTHTIU

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
        Ah right. I never venture into them there parts.

Comment

I didnt realise it was in Blabla when I bumped that one, I probably should have bumped a rugby one
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

What a day,it'll live long in the memory
            clowns

Comment

Good Podcast on Munster site

Comment

Deserves a thread of its own. Our greatest day.
                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

I spent that evening in labour. we always tell the little fella his Da cried the night he was born and he thinks his middle name was after Peter Stringer 😂

Comment

Posted this in the other thread
                    was scrolling through the best wishes messages from 2006 on MRSC face book page this afternoon and came across this gem from OD*

"Best of luck in the final. If any team deserves it Munster do. Their fans alone make the game worth watching."
                    Paul McLoughlin, Leinster Fan.

3 generations and our dog 'Stringer' went over to Cardiff. Before the match my dad was walking the dog and was stopped by a limerick man who asked him what the dogs name was. My dad said 'He's going to win us the match'. Turns out they had a dog named after him as well and a truly bizarre conversation continued as the rest of us distanced ourselves.

Great memories

Comment

@MunsterRugby:
                      TRY! Peter Stringer sends the Millennium Stadium into euphoria with a blindside dart on 31’! #Cardiff06 BO 10 Mun 17
                      https://t.co/5lnM5imqGk

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Just found some souvenirs from that day.

That Evening Echo was handed out free in Cardiff an hour after the match.
                        Last edited by blackwarrior; 20th-May-2016, 19:25.
                        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

I never blub at the TV but when they cut to Paulie at the final whistle I must admit to shedding a tear. What a match.
                          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Still ball like a baby when I watch it. Indescribable. Can't believe it's been 10 years.
                            The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Best memory was at the end of that wonderful day as me and the group, that had travelled far and wide for years following Munster, sat in our Hotel Bar in Bristol, having a few quiet drinks, big goofy grins on our faces, not really saying very much, no major lunatic session (that we thought we'd have when we won it), just smiling and all calm, saying to ourselves something like "FINALLY Champions!", the emotion of the day had us wrecked!

Comment

Working...
                              X