• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 years ago today

I am the million man.

5 years ago today Skinny retired.
    "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      My young fellow got to carry a flag onto the pitch that day. Happy memories. Met the Toulouse team & Noves afterwards too

Well done MRSC
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

and that was considered a Munster team in transition..what we'd give for that now!!

Comment

Originally posted by tmunster View Post
          and that was considered a Munster team in transition..what we'd give for that now!!
          Munster: 15. Felix Jones; 14. Keith Earls, 13. Casey Laulala, 12. James Downey, 11. Simon Zebo; 10. Ian Keatley, 9. Conor Murray; 1. Dave Kilcoyne, 2. Damien Varley, 3. BJ Botha, 4. Dave Foley, 5. Paul O'Connell, 6. Peter O'Mahony (c), 7. Tommy O'Donnell, 8. James Coughlan.
          Replacements: 16. Duncan Casey, 17. John Ryan, 18. Alan Cotter??, 19. Donncha O'Callaghan, 20. CJ Stander, 21. Duncan Williams, 22. JJ Hanrahan, 23. Gerhard van den Heever.

10 Gone
          13 Still here

We are a younger less experienced side nowadays, the 4 lads gone from the pack were oftentimes the clever heads in panicked situations, you've to learn that and I think we will in time again.
          I am the million man.

Comment

Big changes from that day
            Some victory!!
            And just for one or two errors could have won semi away too!!

Comment

Originally posted by tmunster View Post
              They were not the Toulouse of old though. They were poor that day and have been since. We stuffed Stade at Thomond this season too remember. Both have faded, just as we have.

When we're beating Racing, Toulon or Sarries we'll know we're back where we need to be.

Comment

To be honest I feel we have a better team now then we had then (Pauline aside)....

Comment

Originally posted by MMM View Post
                  To be honest I feel we have a better team now then we had then (Pauline aside)....
                  I don't know if I'd say better but I do feel the players we currently have are about the same quality that what we had then (Paulie aside naturally). That's what is so frustrating: we DO have the players now but cannot seem to do anything with them
                  Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Seems like an eternity ago.
                    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                      18. Alan Cotter??,
                      Young Munster prop. Playing in Aix-en-Provence these days with Denis Fogarty.

Comment

That video is utterly depressing to look at. For many reasons.
                        If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

The day a largely unused CJ Stander reminded us (and management) of his potential. Think he came on round the 20 min mark and got man of the match

Comment

Yes after POM injured himself at the first Line-out right in front of us (spotted at the time by Ms Piquet) but played through the pain for 20 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by ephileth View Post
                              I don't know if I'd say better but I do feel the players we currently have are about the same quality that what we had then (Paulie aside naturally). That's what is so frustrating: we DO have the players now but cannot seem to do anything with them
                              Would ya stop. We were pretty average then too. Toulouse were just ****e, as they were when Connacht beat them in Toulouse in 2013 (long before Connacht were the force they are now) and when Ulster tore them a new one last year in Ravers.

We hammered Stade this season but nobody would say we're a great side.

Now this was a truly great performance against Toulouse in their pomp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUkm-tr62vM

That's a long time ago now sadly.

Comment

Working...
                              X