• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.facebook.com/MRSC16/vide...4114510121940/

Hollands sideline conversion
    clowns

Comment

Was at the game. About 6000 there. Delighted with the win. Our attack is so predictable that only the worst teams can't defend against us. Our young lads are showing some promise through.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        Pom walked in past me through LIT last night, his ear looked pretty torn and scabby, might mean he's training full contact again or might mean nothing

His 1000 yard stare ain't just for the rugby field!
        Let's just say, POM watched The Revenant in a moment of boredom, thought, "Pfffftt, amateur", and, well, you really don't want to see the state of the bear.
        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Call999 View Post
          Was at the game. About 6000 there. Delighted with the win. Our attack is so predictable that only the worst teams can't defend against us. Our young lads are showing some promise through.
          Munster surprisingly are 3rd highest try scorers with 44
          4 th least conceded with 30
          No 6th least conceded so mid table or soso
          clowns

Comment

Originally posted by déiseman View Post
            Didn't get to see it but glad lads played well. When CJ came on did he go to 8 and JOD to 6 or did CJ go straight to 6?
            JOD to 6. Was DOC ok when he went off?

Comment

Originally posted by bundi View Post
              Scannell doing great at 12, just wonder is he a 10 who will fall foul of his own versatility, which would be a great shame in the present situation.
              I wouldn't agree, he's our best 12 by a distance and we played Holland rather than moving him back to 10. His future lies at 12 for us. Leave Tyler, Keatley and Holland fight for the 10 jersey.
              When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                I wouldn't agree, he's our best 12 by a distance and we played Holland rather than moving him back to 10. His future lies at 12 for us. Leave Tyler, Keatley and Holland fight for the 10 jersey.
                And Bill Johnson....

Comment

On the point of freeing up NIQ spots (including projects) for next year. It would be handy if Chisholm could get a gig elsewhere next year which would allow us to release him from his contract early (he has one year remaining). Especially as DR is now getting back to form - we have Donnacha, Billy, Dave Foley and we need to get some game time into Sean McCArthy. Also DOC and Copeland can do a job in there if we are stuck. Plus hopefully John madigan will make the breakthrough next year. As for Tyler while I have sympathy for his situation, for me he has to play some meaningful rugby before the season ends and show that he is fully fit, otherwise I would be asking the legal team to have a close look at his contract....surely there's some kind of medically related non performance clause? The big one for me however is Gerard VDH. Absolutely no need for him. He's had plenty of opportunities but has showed no capacity to Learn or develop as a rugby player which is an absolute shame in my opinion. He has some great qualities - massive pace, can step off both feet, is physically imposing. However, he can't catch, pass or kick a ball, can't defend and has no concept of the drift defence...constantly stepping in when there is no need. These are all skills that can be easily learned with the right attitude and work rate. He's wasting his career which is a shame. If you look at the current NIQ roster (excluding stander who is now Irish) the only player who should be a guaranteed starter is Saili (albeit BJ is injured). We don't have the depth of a Leinster although Foley for all his faults is developing some fine young players. The step change we absolutely have to make is in our recruitment of NIQS - there is no point bringing in an NIQ if he is not significantly better than what we have in that position - i.e. A guaranteed starter in our strongest 15. If we can't afford to fill all the spots leave them un filled and either try to develop our own or recruit from the other provinces, through IRFU/ nucifora, on a selective, targeted basis, like we have done with Sam Arnold.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                    A hard hitting play making 12. Weve searched the planet for one over the last 6/7 years and there was one growing up in the province all along.

His boot is a weapon too, he can pin back 3s to sit deep when they know we've a few lads who are going to try and ping the corners.

All he needs is more games at 12 to keep improving
                    I am the million man.

Comment

R Scannell has another excellent game (as did Niall at 2). He was our joint highest tackler, made 10 and missed none (along with Billy Holland.) One of his tackles nearly killed the Zebre 10, Hamona. You could hear the thump on the east terrace. And he threw two skip passes that made the tries.

The team would have got a bit of a boost from that but our attacking moves are poor. Zebre looked more dangerous passing the ball at speed than we did in the few chances they had. My forlorn hope is that, Joe style, we are keeping them under wraps for next week
                      Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Call999 View Post
                        Crowd again looked awful on TV. Having another all Irish team winning so easy is a positive for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                          Munster surprisingly are 3rd highest try scorers with 44
                          4 th least conceded with 30
                          No 6th least conceded so mid table or soso
                          And we have blown, easily, another 20 on a plate.

Which leads me back to my recurring theme: it's not so much the structure of the attack, because we are getting into the positions to score shedloads. That's what the attacking structure is there to do, and it's doing it. The problems are skills letting us down in the positions created, and defence when others create.

If we had those even half-sorted, we'd be locking down a home semi.
                          Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

There is no cause for optimism from thrashing Zebre, the Italians are complete rubbish at the moment.
                            Cardiff are going well and ospreys have some very soft games coming up while we have trips to galway and dublin.
                            On current form, we should be odds against to finish top 6.
                            Is there any reason to think that we are going to improve relative to everyone else for the remainder of season?
                            It's going to be a tight finish at best and we haven't exactly been nerveless so far.

Comment

Not sure what we could have done more tbh. We won well. Happy as.
                              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by MMM View Post
                                On the point of freeing up NIQ spots (including projects) for next year. It would be handy if Chisholm could get a gig elsewhere next year which would allow us to release him from his contract early (he has one year remaining). Especially as DR is now getting back to form - we have Donnacha, Billy, Dave Foley and we need to get some game time into Sean McCArthy. Also DOC and Copeland can do a job in there if we are stuck. Plus hopefully John madigan will make the breakthrough next year. As for Tyler while I have sympathy for his situation, for me he has to play some meaningful rugby before the season ends and show that he is fully fit, otherwise I would be asking the legal team to have a close look at his contract....surely there's some kind of medically related non performance clause? The big one for me however is Gerard VDH. Absolutely no need for him. He's had plenty of opportunities but has showed no capacity to Learn or develop as a rugby player which is an absolute shame in my opinion. He has some great qualities - massive pace, can step off both feet, is physically imposing. However, he can't catch, pass or kick a ball, can't defend and has no concept of the drift defence...constantly stepping in when there is no need. These are all skills that can be easily learned with the right attitude and work rate. He's wasting his career which is a shame. If you look at the current NIQ roster (excluding stander who is now Irish) the only player who should be a guaranteed starter is Saili (albeit BJ is injured). We don't have the depth of a Leinster although Foley for all his faults is developing some fine young players. The step change we absolutely have to make is in our recruitment of NIQS - there is no point bringing in an NIQ if he is not significantly better than what we have in that position - i.e. A guaranteed starter in our strongest 15. If we can't afford to fill all the spots leave them un filled and either try to develop our own or recruit from the other provinces, through IRFU/ nucifora, on a selective, targeted basis, like we have done with Sam Arnold.
                                Gvdh is IQ next season afaik. We're lighter than you'd think at second row. Donnacha is nailed on in the Irish squad and one or 2 injuries and Foley will be knocking on the door. That doesn't leave us with a lot of experience. Chisolm hasn't set the world alight but he's decent and brings a lot of experience. You could do a lot worse.

I'd agree on Tyler, we can't achieve top level status if we persevere with Keatley so it's either Tyler or look elsewhere.
                                Last edited by B.A.; 26th-March-2016, 14:07.
                                When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Working...
                                X