Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mushy to stay?

@@@@SPAN ="article">

However, the good news is that Tony Buckley has, after all, turned his back on a contract with Bath to stay in Ireland for another two years. Buckley was tempted back by the Munster negotiators following strong rumours he was on the verge of signing a 12 month contract with Bath.

Compliments of "De Paper"

http://www.irishexaminer.com/irishex...es/story.aspx- qqqg=sport-qqqm=sport-qqqa=sport-qqqid=30233-qqqx=1.asp @@@@/SPAN>
    The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

There's still no official word on that though is there? Ye olde dead site is still saying he's going like, in fact the original news post said the deal was done and everything but the lads in the forum reckon he's staying for definite. Here's hoping.
    Raccoons with lightsabers...That won\'t end well for anybody

Comment

Never.. Bath would never let him go...[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Its done deal, he will play in the Red Of Munster next season.

Comment

Did the Irish Mammy keep him here???
          Munster to Win the HCUP in 2012!

Comment

Looks like it fair dues to bath it was obviously fairly far into the negoiations process if the offical site confirmed he was moving so if they wanted to could have made a fuss about him changing his mind and all that

Comment

Good to see him staying here, but I hope he gets the game time.
              "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Guy is not hc standard in my book but has done ok in last couple of games in ml
                where has he been for the last 2 years??
                he should have gone to barf and got game time

Comment

he's got to prove he's worth the money next season or he can feck off
                  Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Jeez Harry and beanflick, ye're quare hard on the guy.

He hasn't had many starts (for Munster), never been included in a HEC squad, propped well against (seasoned?) internationals many echelons up in the pecking order and not been found wanting when playing. He's also got the knack of being a one-man ruck machine and can keep going all day (I do concede he has only one gear, but it's still difficult to stop 21st). I am also aware he's had his share of injury problems and he's a quiet, shy lad. He's also relatively new to propping (he started farther back the scrum). And like our incumbent tight-head he might win us a few balls in the lineout too. Unfortunately we all know there's only a season or 2 left in John before he retires to Cappamore, so we need to find/train ina younger Bull.

When asked/given the chancehe's done well - what more do you want?

If Bryan Young is good enough to prop for Ireland, I reckon Mushy might make it for Munster - even given that we have higher standards..[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]...

Comment

Working...
                    X