Munster Vs Ospreys - 14th Feb 2016 IIP Cork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
    Can anyone honestly say they saw the emergence of the boul Billy at 6 and captaining the team - out of position
    Or is Billy's Indian Summer down to him finally getting extended gametime In his best position?

I must admit I had him pegged as a back up second row too, but I've been mightily impressed with him at 6 in the last few games.
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
      Davies at 10, Buy no dummies lads. His a fine player
      As is Underhill and no natural seven to counter him.

Comment

That's a very strong Ospreys side in the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
          As is Underhill and no natural seven to counter him.
          Matavesi and JJ in the centres will do damage if given space. Walker is lightening quick too.

This will be a very tight game
          \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
            Matavesi and JJ in the centres will do damage if given space. Walker is lightening quick too.

This will be a very tight game
            Lots of strength there alright. Dan baker and Bearman are great carriers - having the extra size of holland may prove useful. Dan evans runs some great lines too. Ospreys attack coach Gruff rhys has them playing great stuff over the past few years, it'll be a tough game.
            The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

That spreys team will beat us I think. Munster last played a very very uninspiring game, hoping for a win but wouldn't be surprised if we bate
              I am the million man.

Comment

Yes, some fine runners in the Ospreys side. They have transformed the club of posers and wankers into some hard working ball players who are great to watch usually.
                When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Glad to see DOC back and JOD getting a run in his best position. Balance isn't great in the back row but until we unearth a proper back up to TOD we'll continue to have that problem.

Never thought I'd say this but I'm also pleased to see Duncan starting - he's no Stringer but he'll take a lot less out of the ball than TOL.

Sweetnam has a bit to prove after a pretty underwhelming outing. Good luck to the lad.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                    Looks (borderline) strong enough to win. Great if they establish enough of a lead to let McCabe have a run - and hopefully we will get another look at Buckley.

No sign of the odds yet - guessing Munster about -5.
                    Munster -6 with PP
                    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
                      Or is Billy's Indian Summer down to him finally getting extended gametime In his best position?

I must admit I had him pegged as a back up second row too, but I've been mightily impressed with him at 6 in the last few games.
                      It would be good to hear the inside story from AF about the boul Billy.

Comment

Delighted that JOD is at 8, hope he really takes the opportunity. I'm also a little bit surprised at how well Billy has done at 6, but I wouldn't go overboard. I think it's fair to say that the two best performances at 6 this season were CJ at home to Ulster and JOD away to Ulster, Billy has been solid but a fair bit off that level IMO. Hopefully he keeps the form going but I'd be surprised if he's first choice 6 until the end of the season.

Anyway, I won't get to watch it but best of luck to the lads, a win would be a fantastic result.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                          Welcome back to the forum JB, good to hear from you.
                          good

to be back, i like the look of our back row, underhill is a real handful. JJ and sam davies could be a threat behind the scrum, real lack of pace on our back 3 is a worry, could be a really close game

Comment

Originally posted by JB1973 View Post
                            good

to be back, i like the look of our back row, underhill is a real handful. JJ and sam davies could be a threat behind the scrum, real lack of pace on our back 3 is a worry, could be a really close game
                            I think this must be close to a 'must win' game for Ospreys if they want to get into the top 4 - and even perhaps the top 6.

Although I hope all 4 Irish teams qualify for the HCup next year I wonder what the fallout in Wales would be if only Scarlets(or Ospreys) made it. It is not a healthy state of affairs but Ospreys have good strength in depth and perhaps this year may be just looked as a one-off as teams adjust to the new Euro qualification system.

Comment

Heard that Munster are on a 12 win streak in Cork.

The last defeat was to a Welsh team we thought we'd beat. Still remember seeing them run in tries in front of us in the rainswept South Terrace.

Taking no chances this time. Heading for the Stand.

Comment

We need to win
                                Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X