Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Pro 12 team left in Super Dooper Cup!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Pro 12 team left in Super Dooper Cup!

Should the Pro 12 be worried?
    Has Nigel's master plan come to pass?
    Is this the future of European Club Rugby?
    Thoughts????
    Its deja vu all over again!!!

The first letter of each sentence spells it out.
    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

From a Munster point of view there are deeper concerns.

I'm sure the Nigel's are delighted with themselves.. England and France are the two biggest markets and they are well represented til the end.

I'm mostly surprised Clermont are out, that is sad. Nice supporters..

Comment

Regional Rugby Wales must be ecstatic. The first time in years they've got the same number of quarterfinalists as Ireland. All their dreams have come true.

Comment

It just means that club rugby is dead in this country. At least we still have Joe delivering the trophies at international level.

Comment

2/10 Dowlinz, must try harder. This level of wumming isn't acceptable
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

I think the world cup has to be a factor. Whatever about Munster suddenly being rubbish, I can buy that, with the loss of Paulie, Jones and O'Mahoney, Archer out and Donncha Ryan only just back. But Glasgow, Leinster, Scarlets, Ulster and Ospreys being this rubbish is too much of a coincidence.

Given the Celtic countries draw their national team players from such small pools it must have affected their pro teams, whereas France and England can spread the burden.

Having said that there seems to me to be an enormous gulf in power between the Pro12 teams and the Anglo-French-NZ-OZ-RSA-Argentina-Fiji-Samoan-Georgian teams in the Top 14 and PRL leagues. This is no doubt down to being able to bring in better players with the extra TV money those leagues have secured.

While Leinster looked like the worst affected with just one win, Munster would be in the same boat without the generous assistance of Treviso. But I'd be confident a recovery in those two teams because they each have a solid group of good young players. They each need another season or two and a sprinkle of stardust but I think they can be competitive again.

Parking this season for a moment, with a little luck we could line out at the start of next season's HEC with an all international back row of POM, TOD & CJ. Something we haven't seen even once this season. I think we have a good chance of getting a quality and reliable front row out of the players we have and while there is a weakness at second row we have some quality there too.

Maybe with a pack that's always on the front foot, our 9s and 10s will be able to play with a bit more time and gain confidence, like the old days.

We'll be OK.
              Last edited by rathbaner; 25th-January-2016, 12:44.
              Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Premiership champions Saracens are now £45.1m in debt, their accounts for the year to June 2015 have revealed.
                The north London club made a loss of £3.98m last season, an improvement on a £5.17m deficit the year before.
                Chairman Nigel Wray said having a smaller squad and "finishing 11th" was one obvious way to cut the debt.

"But that would send out a terrible message to players that we weren't ambitious and would hardly attract sponsors," he added.
                "We have a very well-known brand which is of considerable value and must be nurtured."
                The club's accounts showed total salaries rising to £9.81m, but a 13% increase in turnover led to a reduced annual loss.
                The losses will be funded by parent company Premier Team Holdings Limited, although their written intention to do so is not legally binding.
                "The financial results are not good but they are better. We are finally going in the right direction," said Wray, in a statement with the accounts, which have been submitted to Companies House.
                The overall debt of the Allianz Park outfit increased from £41.6m in the summer of 2014.

Comment

How do you compete with that sort of carry on?
                  There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes you know he\'s crooked.
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by spanish red View Post
                    They way we always did, grow your own, suck up the pain til they're ready.
                    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

bar Ulster none of the Pro-12 teams showed enough to even scrape in as a runner up....Munster have only ourselves to blame...we had some abject performances especially at away/home against Leicester ....

Comment

Originally posted by spanish red View Post
                        By making Enda Kenny your CEO.

Just look at how he improved Ireland RFC's balance sheet in 5 short years!
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Yeah but Nucifora doesn't like foreign direct investment.
                          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Need to tie up our home grown players with decent contracts and not become a feeder for the those with the dosh.

Comment

Some interesting stats I just got in an email... no link yet.. I´m just asking...

Team stats from the European Pool stages:

Scrums:
                              1 - Connacht - 44/46 = 95.7%
                              2 - Munster - 32/35 = 91.4%
                              3 - Ulster - 38/44 = 86.4%
                              4 - Leinster - 29/37 = 78.4%

Lineouts:
                              1 - Connacht - 81/91 = 89.0%
                              2 - Munster - 78/88 = 88.6%
                              3 - Ulster - 56/68 = 82.4%
                              4 - Leinster - 50/63 = 79.4%

Discipline:
                              1 - Munster - 1 card + 55 pens
                              2 - Connacht - 2 cards + 58 pens
                              3 - Ulster - 4 cards + 63 pens
                              4 - Leinster - 4 cards + 73 pens

Tries:
                              1 - Ulster - 21
                              2 - Connacht - 20
                              3 - Munster - 15
                              4 - Leinster - 5
                              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X