So back to the pro 12 , remaining games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat 30 Jan 15:00 PRO12 Zebre Rugby v Munster Rugby Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi RAI/TG4

Sun 14 Feb 17:00 PRO12 Munster Rugby v Ospreys Musgrave Park TG4/S4C

Sat 20 Feb 17:15 PRO12 Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby Scotstoun Stadium Sky

Sun 28 Feb 15:00 PRO12 Benetton Treviso v Munster Rugby Stadio Monigo RAI

Sat 5 Mar 19:35 PRO12 Munster Rugby v Newport Gwent Dragons Thomond Park TG4

Fri 18 Mar 19:15 PRO12 Cardiff Blues v Munster RugbyBT Sport Cardiff Arms Park

25/26/27 Mar PRO12 Munster Rugby v Zebre Rugby Thomond Park

Sat 2 Apr 17:30 PRO12 Leinster Rugby v Munster Rugby Aviva Stadium TG4/Sky

15/16/17 Apr PRO12 Connacht Rugby v Munster Rugby Sportsground

29/30 Apr, 1 May PRO12 Munster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby Musgrave Park

6/7/8 May PRO12 Munster Rugby v Scarlets Thomond Park

5 home and 6 away games left in pro 12. lets hope we can push on and get top 4 place and see where we go from there
    Last edited by theghost; 24th-January-2016, 20:40.

Losing away to Leinster and Glasgow and possibly Connacht - should win the rest and get to top 4 - maybe winning at Connacht as well might be enough to get into top 2.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

"We're going to do it."

(Attributed to G. Loughnane, c1995).
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

WWLWWLWLWWW. 32-36 points would be a decent run. then again it would take a good consistent run to do that, something we havent done this season.

we have 32 points atm, so would another 32 get top 4 this year ?
        it needed 69 points for 4th place last season.
        we finished second on 75 points last season.
        so looks like some bp are needed from here on in.

Comment

Remind me please: have the Pro 12 Brains Trust already arranged for this season's Final to be played somewhere or will it be played at the home ground of the team that tops the League?
          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

It's on in Edinburgh. Same weekend as the marathon there so accommodation is tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
              It's on in Edinburgh. Same weekend as the marathon there so accommodation is tight.
              Thanks. The Pro 12 Brains Trust had better hope that a pair of well-supported teams make it to to final - otherwise Murrayfield will look and sound like a morgue. Plus, assuming that Sky will be broadcasting the game live, it really would look bad for the image of the Pro 12 'property'.
              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

IMO the PRO12 is a dead duck and only by combining with the Aviva Premiership and Championship do clubs from Ireland, Scotland, Wales have any chance of progressing.

The Italian teams should join the second division of the French league

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosh View Post
                  IMO the PRO12 is a dead duck and only by combining with the Aviva Premiership and Championship do clubs from Ireland, Scotland, Wales have any chance of progressing.

The Italian teams should join the second division of the French league

I like Duck.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                    I like Duck.
                    You'd struggle to make a nice crispy duck pancake from the Pro 12. It would be full of fat and gristle
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

That would be a complicated process although I do think we should have a European league something like the super 15.
                      Stand up and fight

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                        Losing away to Leinster and Glasgow and possibly Connacht - should win the rest and get to top 4 - maybe winning at Connacht as well might be enough to get into top 2.
                        Glasgow will be severely weakened by the 6Ns and may be vulnerable. Mind you, we'll probably be weaker than we were during the RWC ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                          Glasgow will be severely weakened by the 6Ns and may be vulnerable. Mind you, we'll probably be weaker than we were during the RWC ourselves.
                          Away to Cardiff - who are improving may be tricky as well. Connacht - if they beat Munster and continue their current form - could well make the play-offs.

In relation to the top 6 - what impact there will be on Welsh attitudes if only 1 Welsh team makes it (and possibly with none in the play-offs) and possibly 4 Irish teams (in top 6) would be interesting.
                          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                            what impact there will be on Welsh attitudes if only 1 Welsh team makes it (and possibly with none in the play-offs) and possibly 4 Irish teams (in top 6) would be interesting.
                            The Welsh attitude won't change one bit. They always wanted to be part of England in rugby as well as in soccer and will do just about anything to get there. So I don't see that changing.

Maybe there are a few big money men in England who like the idea but I can't see them shutting out some of their own clubs to accommodate Welsh strugglers.

To paraphrase the late Mr Bowie "they're stuck with a valuable friend. I'm happy, hope you're happy too."
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

I believe the money a combined league would generate would overcome the resistance from the AP

Comment

Working...
                              X