Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats after 5 pool games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Stats after 5 pool games

    From the poster "Yer Man" on planet rugby.

    A few selected team stats after 5 games in Europe:

    Turnovers conceded (which includes dropped passes, knock-ons etc as well as breakdown steals)
    Ulster 58
    Munster 84
    Leinster 72
    Connacht 76

    Turnovers won (actual steals and forced penalties)
    Ulster 36
    Munster 29
    Leinster 30
    Connacht not available

    Nett "turnovers"
    Ulster -22
    Munster -55
    Leinster -42

    (Leinster were 24-6 in their opening game against Wasps, -18 on the day!!!)
    (Ulster much lower error rate, turnovers won all in the same ballpark)


    Tackle success:
    Ulster - 90.5%
    Munster - 86.6%
    Leinster - 86.9%
    Connacht 82.5%

    (Munster 81.7% at home to Leicester & 84.1 away to Stade)
    (Leinster 81.0 at home to Wasps & 80.7 away at Barf)

    Lineout:
    Ulster - 77.4%
    Munster - 89.7%
    Leinster - 77.4%
    Connacht - 86.5%

    (Munster far and away the best lineout, although when it does fück up it's a seven pointer...)

    Scrums:
    Ulster - 81.3%
    Munster - 90.0%
    Leinster - 78.8%
    Connacht - 97.1%
    Very surprised how good our scrum and line out is, tbh. Guess the high profile line out mistakes which lead to opposition tries coloured my view. Course, I would question if winning the ball is the same as winning useable ball. Stander has taken huge punishment on the back of a retreating scrum but has generally rescued the ball a lot, imo.

    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

    Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

    #2
    Agree on the scrum. Stander has had to become adept at picking the ball out of a retreating pack just before the whole lot splinters apart/collapses, narrowly avoiding the concession of yet another penalty or free kick. Yet each of those still counts as a successful scrum in the stats.
    Tis but a scratch.

    Comment


      #3
      Scrum stats seem surprising - Munster have conceded a shed load of penalties. Whatever about stats Munster in most need of sorting the scrum out.

      Leinster have easily the most difficult group - which skews their stats.
      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

      Originally Posted by mr chips
      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
        Scrum stats seem surprising - Munster have conceded a shed load of penalties. Whatever about stats Munster in most need of sorting the scrum out.

        Leinster have easily the most difficult group - which skews their stats.
        Leinster being terrible also skews the stats.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
          Leinster being terrible also skews the stats.
          (Borderline) disgraceful against Wasps at home , reasonable against Bath away and both Toulon games - and very good at home against Bath.

          If by some act of god they beat Wasps next week (without Wasps getting a losing bonus point) Munster will have to go into their game trying to score a shedload against Treviso(which of course will require even greater intervention from the almighty).

          But it will force the TV pundits to admit that Munster 'are still in Europe' - which will I think have to be the very very poor consolation prize for this year.
          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

          Originally Posted by mr chips
          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
            (Borderline) disgraceful against Wasps at home , reasonable against Bath away and both Toulon games - and very good at home against Bath.

            If by some act of god they beat Wasps next week (without Wasps getting a losing bonus point) Munster will have to go into their game trying to score a shedload against Treviso(which of course will require even greater intervention from the almighty).

            But it will force the TV pundits to admit that Munster 'are still in Europe' - which will I think have to be the very very poor consolation prize for this year.
            Wasps at home was more clueless than disgraceful, in hindsight.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
              Wasps at home was more clueless than disgraceful, in hindsight.
              I think you will beat them this weekend.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                I think you will beat them this weekend.
                It'd be a huge result if we did with the young lads. Wasps aren't worldbeaters but they're better than us right now, especially at home.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Wasps very unlucky yesterday - took all the mercenaries to beat

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X