Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treviso v Munster 24/01/16

Going over for a long weekend.

Anyone know which hotel in Treviso Munster Travel is basing the people who have booked the official travel package?

Wanted to know to drop in for a pint!

Cheers,Kevin.

Am I right in saying that we're not out yet? While extremely unlikely, from looking at the pools I think there's a very small chance that we could scrape through. Say Ulster lose to Oyonnax, that's one second place team we can get ahead of, then we just need one more, and obviously for Leicester to beat Stade by more than 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
      Am I right in saying that we're not out yet? While extremely unlikely, from looking at the pools I think there's a very small chance that we could scrape through. Say Ulster lose to Oyonnax, that's one second place team we can get ahead of, then we just need one more, and obviously for Leicester to beat Stade by more than 7.
      Great news- I am not best at the old sums but that is not something I was aware of until Alan Quinlan mentioned it briefly and then your post.

Comment

Not getting at least two LBPs from our three losses costs us. Bar a miracle we're out of europe now.

Comment

same as last year... it's the home loss that's the killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
            We only need Leicester to beat Stade, it would be OK if they got a loosing bonus point, as long as they don't get 2 bonus points. If we finish tied on points with Stade we have the better head to head since we got bonus point win v them.

So in order for Munster to qualify here is what I believe needs to happen:

First they need to beat Treviso with a bonus point & need Leicester to beat Stade.

Then they need at least 2 of the following to happen:

1. Wasps loose to both Toulon & Leinster getting no more than 1 bonus point, or Toulon loose to both Wasps & Bath.

2. Ulster loose to or draw with Oyonnax.

3. Clermont loose to Bordeaux with neither getting a bonus point and Ospreys beat or draw with Exeter.

4. Northampton loose to Glasgow or Scarlets picking up no more than 5 points in those 2 games, if Glasgow do beat Northampton, then they loose or draw with Racing, picking up no more than 6 points from their 2 games.

Even then it could come down to points difference so the bigger the win v Treviso the better.

So all in all not v likely.

It is also possible to qualify by just beating Treviso without a bonus point, but in that case Leicester would have to win and stop Stade getting loosing bonus point and even more would need to go our way in the other groups.

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
              same as last year... it's the home loss that's the killer.
              Yep have to be incredibly to go through when you lose at home

Comment

Thanks Webbie.

I missed Piquet posting his usual brain hurting permutations this year.
                "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1099473.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	2486857Click image for larger version

Name:	1099475.jpg
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	2486858
                  I am the million man.

Comment

The black gear looks good on Mr Farrell
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Expect the squad to implement a new hug-based game plan this weekend.

Name:	INPHO_01008214.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	2486875Click image for larger version

Name:	INPHO_01008216.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	2486876

Comment

World record choke tackle
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

A small comfort to me but it's nice to see them all smiling and seemingly enjoying training..put to bed any rumours of a rift in the camp

Comment

Originally posted by Thorns View Post
                            A small comfort to me but it's nice to see them all smiling and seemingly enjoying training..put to bed any rumours of a rift in the camp

Name:	Axel.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	2486878
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by déiseman View Post
                              Expect the squad to implement a new hug-based game plan this weekend.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]13191[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13192[/ATTACH]
                              Let me in there and I'll give CJ one...a hug I mean.
                              Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Working...
                              X