X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Munster are Irish Rugby's biggest basket case"

Gerry Thornley not hold back but taking a shot at IRFU as well

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...side-1.2492973

There was a rapier Gift Grub on the state of Munster Rugby as well, this morning.

Comment

"You hear good noises out of the Munster camp about the coaching ticket, who could not be accused of not caring or working tirelessly to get it. But clearly the buck stops with Foley and the coaches.

The Munster Branch also stand indicted for their failure to ensure a long-term succession strategy, for short-term player fixes, for alienating fans through the detested Ticketmaster, for the failure to maximise the brand in the good days, for province’s financial deficiencies, their failure to keep pace with the underage structure in the other provinces and the decline of their clubs. Okay, in this socio-economic factors and the IRFU have played a significant part.
      The union, having taken the plaudits for the good days, also stand indicted for presiding over Munster’s decline. They have also largely ignored the club game, compounding this by placing restrictions on player availability and invested instead in the provincial A sides. And this was always going to hurt Munster more than Leinster and Ulster, with their greater focus on the schools game."
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
        There was a rapier Gift Grub on the state of Munster Rugby as well, this morning.
        http://www.todayfm.com/player/podcas...r_Rugby_Crisis

I'm bed ridden, Joe!

Comment

Dermot and Dave did a piece yesterday too with their sports parody bit, it was quite funny
          Stand up and fight

Comment

God forgive me but the BOD bit had me pissing myself
            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
              "You hear good noises out of the Munster camp about the coaching ticket, who could not be accused of not caring or working tirelessly to get it. But clearly the buck stops with Foley and the coaches.

The Munster Branch also stand indicted for their failure to ensure a long-term succession strategy, for short-term player fixes, for alienating fans through the detested Ticketmaster, for the failure to maximise the brand in the good days, for province’s financial deficiencies, their failure to keep pace with the underage structure in the other provinces and the decline of their clubs. Okay, in this socio-economic factors and the IRFU have played a significant part.
              The union, having taken the plaudits for the good days, also stand indicted for presiding over Munster’s decline. They have also largely ignored the club game, compounding this by placing restrictions on player availability and invested instead in the provincial A sides. And this was always going to hurt Munster more than Leinster and Ulster, with their greater focus on the schools game."

Its clear when you read passages like that that the tone of the fans is being to some extent anyway taken from Social Media.

There has been a notable number of posts taking issue with the ticket pricing system and its built in increases.

Comment

The BOD bit was funny.

This is the clip from Dermot and Dave on today fm
                Silly Sports - Professor Snape On Munster's Spell! http://cdn.radiocms.net/media/005/au...audio_file.mp3 via the @todayfmofficial app #todayfm
                Stand up and fight

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                  Its clear when you read passages like that that the tone of the fans is being to some extent anyway taken from Social Media.

There has been a notable number of posts taking issue with the ticket pricing system and its built in increases.
                  And some of us never liked Ticketmaster! However much and all as I detest them we have far bigger problems than Munster using Ticketmaster as a service provider.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

Glorob must be nodding sagely ...

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                      and some of us never liked ticketmaster! However much and all as i detest them we have far bigger problems than munster using ticketmaster as a service provider.
                      snap !

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                        And some of us never liked Ticketmaster! However much and all as I detest them we have far bigger problems than Munster using Ticketmaster as a service provider.
                        I never said we didn't. My point wasn't even about ticketmaster was it. It was about the clear use of Social Media such as Facebook posts by those writing these articles.

It was an observation. Simple as.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                          I never said we didn't. My point wasn't even about ticketmaster was it. It was about the clear use of Social Media such as Facebook posts by those writing these articles.

It was an observation. Simple as.
                          My post was merely an observation also. I do agree with you about social media.

It appears to me that journalists are increasingly taking what is being posted on social media as representative of the views of the whole body of supporters.

Comment

I ❤ ticketmaster. Very efficient.
                            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
                              The BOD bit was funny.

This is the clip from Dermot and Dave on today fm
                              Silly Sports - Professor Snape On Munster's Spell! http://cdn.radiocms.net/media/005/au...audio_file.mp3 via the @todayfmofficial app #todayfm
                              They're goofy bástards but they're very funny in fairness.

Comment

Working...
                              X