Thanks Quinnie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Quinnie

I would like to congratulate Alan Quinlan for calling a spade a spade. Dissection now - top to bottom.
    If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Originally posted by NiallGK View Post
    I would like to congratulate Alan Quinlan for calling a spade a spade. Dissection now - top to bottom.
    He was a fine player thanks for thanking him on our behalf
    clowns

Comment

That's racist.
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
        That's racist.

Shhhhhh or poor old BA will have to do some more research!
        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

wasn't that spide? Anyway, Quinnie was right
          "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Needed to be said. Fair play Quinnie.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
              Shhhhhh or poor old BA will have to do some more research!
              That was BOK. All the Bs look the same to you?

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
                That was BOK. All the Bs look the same to you?
                It sure was, he shouldn't worry though, my copy of "Political Correctness For Dummies" is in the post.

Comment

Well said Quinnie
                  GF needs to walk now !!!!

Comment

Just in case anyone missed it:

Originally posted by Alan Quinlan
                    I'm trying to think of words to sum it up. Embarrassing, disgraceful, humiliating... all those words come to mind.

The emotion of watching that, having played for the club for so long. You know, Munster have no divine right to win these games and people watching all over the UK and all over the world probably, and in Ireland, will be kind of wondering what I'm going to say;

It's embarrassing. This whole organisation needs to be dissected now and they need to look at the structure from the top to the bottom, including everyone, and trying to figure out what's gone wrong.

They're lacking a bit of talent, there's no doubt about that - we've seen it in the last few weeks, but when a Munster team plays with no spirit, no heart, no passion, that really upsets me. It drives me demented and it does all the Munster fans who follow them all over Europe, who go to all the games and have great history there.

They've no divine right to win anything just because we won it before but that performance was borderline... borderline disgraceful. It might be a bit extreme to say disgraceful but guys falling off tackles, no desire, no structure, no shape... really, really upsetting to watch.

~

Well I'm not privy to what they want and what their goals are, the team or the organisation because I'm out of the organisation, but if you're running a business, and Munster pride themselves on running a business, this is not returning. It's not giving you return. Everybody's trying hard, there's no doubt about that and there's a lot of good youngsters there and a lot of good guys - Stander's as honest as they come, but when you fall off tackles and you're walking around the field and all that stuff is going on, it frustrates people and it's a real worry... this has been going on a while now.

They won last week and we gave them the credit, they came out this week and they couldn't back it up. They were really, really poor. You know it's being bullied around the place, knock ons, turnovers. No attack. Whatsoever. The try they got I think Niall Scannell's foot was in touch. OK they were unlucky for Rory Scannell's try, I think it could have been given - we were talking about a forward pass...

But going back to what I said, if it's a business and you're looking at the business, you've got to have a look at all the structure from top to bottom. Everybody: Coaches, chief executive, academy, players. You know, that's what you do, you look at it and if you're not getting a return, and they're not getting the return at the moment...

So it's not up to me to tell them what to do, because I'm outside it. I don't take any pleasure in saying any of this. I want them to do well. But it needs to be looked at, the whole thing.

Comment

Well done Alan Quinlan it needed to be said but more importantly it needs to be heeded by the powers that be in Munster and the IRFU for the good of all

Comment

Do great players make great pundits? Unfortunately not always.

Lesson 1 on punditry.

Don't just use cliches all the time.

Lesson 2.

Add some details from the match - not just generalised comments about effort and structure.

Lesson 3.

Make practical suggestions - not just generalised points about 'reviews'.
                        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Apart from Woodie.
                          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

As astutely observed on another post - Alan's cliches should be pinned to the door of the dressing room for next week - the level of anger amidst the disappointment at being accused of not trying - and by one of their own - needs to be channelled into next weeks performance.

Comment

Expect a partial retraction by Alan by midweek - prefixed by 'I was soooh upset' etc.

10 euros to charity of your choice to first taker -if Al hasn't at least partially repented by next Friday?

Anyone fancy the bet?

Comment

Working...
                              X