Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revenue ideas for Munster Rugby

Given cash appears to be Emperor nowadays

1. If we have a home semifinal in the league ever again, just effing go to to the match

2. Introduce a single training base.

3. Retain 2 training bases.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

serious ideas only please

Comment

Originally posted by Corkmunsterman View Post
        serious ideas only please
        The naming rights for Thomond park if there is still an interest out there to take it up.

Comment

the CEO of a certain Irish engineering company has a box there....Limerickman

Comment

Those two "ideas" were actually sent to Rob Penney.

Comment

by Humphrey Appleby?

and anyway wasn't that in a thread regarding ideas for improving Munster rugby, not specifically financing?

Big difference between raising finance and applying the finance
              Last edited by Corkmunsterman; 30th-December-2015, 10:59.

Comment

No Friday night games

Comment

From Munsterfans.com. There was a thread entitled 200 ideas to improve Munster Rugby.

Comment

see my edit

Comment

Munster's "strategy" for revenue is too one eyed imho. There is little sense of community in it and a large problem is detatchment from local clubs, it has led to bitterness from the clubs towards Munster. Which is ridiculous when you think about it!

Munster try to cut corners at most levels, it looks amateurish and as a result a lot of people don't take the organisation seriously.

There should be a far more "inclusive" focus, at the end of the day it's the community that is the bread and butter revenue wise. Things like the "dynamic ticket pricing" should be scrapped. Whoever came up with that bright idea is an idiot. It alienates regular punters and has greed at it's core...

I could go on about sponsorship, etc but cart before the horse bla bla bla...
                      \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                      Dalai Lama

Comment

I think we should continue with the Irfu strategy to weaken the provinces until no one cares any more and international rugby is back on centre stage
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                          I think we should continue with the Irfu strategy to weaken the provinces until no one cares any more and international rugby is back on centre stage
                          You share Gordon D'Arcy's view so.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...lish-1.2479802

Comment

Originally posted by Corkmunsterman View Post
                            No Friday night games
                            Totally disagree with that. There is opportunity around Friday night games as an after work social scene that could be exploited.

Comment

Originally posted by John123 View Post
                              Munster's "strategy" for revenue is too one eyed imho. There is little sense of community in it and a large problem is detatchment from local clubs, it has led to bitterness from the clubs towards Munster. Which is ridiculous when you think about it!

Munster try to cut corners at most levels, it looks amateurish and as a result a lot of people don't take the organisation seriously.

There should be a far more "inclusive" focus, at the end of the day it's the community that is the bread and butter revenue wise. Things like the "dynamic ticket pricing" should be scrapped. Whoever came up with that bright idea is an idiot. It alienates regular punters and has greed at it's core...

I could go on about sponsorship, etc but cart before the horse bla bla bla...
                              All that dynamic pricing affects is those that purchase late for the game. You buy early and there's no impact. So it rewards those that buy early

Comment

Working...
                              X