new signings and the rumour mill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new signings and the rumour mill

I know we have entered silly season and some of the names being banded about are comical. But what do we actually need? Me think we do not need that much when you consider what we have, what we have coming through and who we have already signed....not even sure how many squad places are up for grabs

Front Row is now sorted with Buckley staying put
    Second Row - we have four international standard players with a few young un's in waiting
    @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Back Row@@@@/SPAN> is a bit light - Replacements need to be found for Foley, Quinlan and back up needs to be in place for our international players. Ronan signed.
    @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Scrum half@@@@/SPAN> - would be handy to sign someone alright
    Out Half - Rightly or wrongly Manning and Warwick look to be given nod there
    @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Centres@@@@/SPAN> - Mafi, Murphy, Lewis and perhaps one other
    Wings - again alright me thinks - Carney and so long as Earls is promoted
    @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">FB@@@@/SPAN> - Cullen gone and Payne cannot have too much more in tank, so it would be prudent to promote from within unless there is a quality replacement available.

So I reckon a Full Back, a scrum half and perhaps a back rower.

\'For he that hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart\'.
    Henry V - Battle of Agincourt 1415

I reckon Lawlor and Hurley are both in with a chance for the full-back spot next season.
    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Do we really need backrows, why not give more academy players a chance to shine?

Comment

A quality 12 is the most important thing-after that taking in a FB would be nice. Leinster have a raft of young ones that`ll never get game time so someone like McCarron could work.

Comment

Originally posted by thisyear?
          I@@@@SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">Back Row@@@@/SPAN> is a bit light - Replacements need to be found for Foley, Quinlan and back up needs to be in place for our international players. Ronan signed.

So, Wally/Axel/Quinny/Leamy/JOS/JC/McGann/Mark Melbourne,Rona signedand at a push MOD are not enough for you?

Hopefully S Keogh will come back when we do manage to free up some space there....
          Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Originally posted by LLCOOLJ14

I@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Back Row@@@@/SPAN> is a bit light - Replacements need to be found for Foley, Quinlan and back up needs to be in place for our international players. Ronan signed.

So, Wally @@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">International duty@@@@/SPAN> /Axel @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">past it even at ML level@@@@/SPAN>/Quinny @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">not much left in tank@@@@/SPAN>/Leamy @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">International duty@@@@/SPAN>/JOS @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">International Tackle bag duty@@@@/SPAN>/JC/McGann @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">gone is he not?@@@@/SPAN>/Mark Melbourne and at a push MOD @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">International duty@@@@/SPAN> are not enough for you?

Hopefully S Keogh will come back when we do manage to free up some space there....

Comment

@@@@SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">Centres@@@@/SPAN> - Mafi, Murphy, Lewis and perhaps one other
              Wings - again alright me thinks - Carney and so long as Earls is promoted

Prob need two more in the centresto be honest.........Earls,btw, is a centre....its only on the u-20 irish team he played wing AFAIK....though he may need a few more years befoe he is ready to play there in the pro game

I think we also need more wingers...rags/hoggy pushing on a bit, and I think Dowling really showed signs of 2nd season syndrome this year....

As for FB, I hear there is a good chance of a signing comming in there
              Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

So, Wally @@@@SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0); FONT-STYLE: italic">International duty@@@@/SPAN> /Axel @@@@SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0)">past it even at ML level@@@@/SPAN>/Quinny @@@@SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0)">not much left in tank@@@@/SPAN>/Leamy @@@@SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0)">International duty@@@@/SPAN>/JOS @@@@SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0)">International Tackle bag duty@@@@/SPAN>/JC/McGann @@@@SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0)">gone is he not?@@@@/SPAN>/Mark Melbourne and at a push MOD @@@@SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0)">International duty@@@@/SPAN> are not enough for you?

I think the supposed demise of Axel is a little premature. It's hard to get form on the bench in MOD's case but it is also hard to slip back into it after injury.

Comment

Quinnie is far from finished I'd have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Point

So, Wally @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); font-style: italic;">International duty@@@@/SPAN> /Axel @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">past it even at ML level@@@@/SPAN>/Quinny @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">not much left in tank@@@@/SPAN>/Leamy @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">International duty@@@@/SPAN>/JOS @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">International Tackle bag duty@@@@/SPAN>/JC/McGann @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">gone is he not?@@@@/SPAN>/Mark Melbourne and at a push MOD @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">International duty@@@@/SPAN> are not enough for you?

I think the supposed demise of Axel is a little premature. It's hard to get form on the bench in MOD's case but it is also hard to slip back into it after injury.

I hope you are right Point. Doesn't need to be said the immense contribution Foley has made over the years. But time catches up with everyone...Maybe it is time for him to bow out near the top rather than drag on for a couple more seasons?

Comment

We have no need for more back rows. You can add Couglan to that list. Playerswho cover11 - 15 are what we need and even then only one or two.
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                        Quinnie is far from finished I'd have thought.
                        He has a good season left in him -but not much outside that Dermot. Yes he keeps himself very fit and has responded unbelievably from two horrendous injuries. But I'd like to see someone brought under his wing...preferably from within

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

We have no need for more back rows. You can add Couglan to that list. Playerswho cover11 - 15 are what we need and even then only one or two.

He's in the list-"JC"
                          Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Originally posted by toomey
                            A quality 12 is the most important thing-after that taking in a FB would be nice. Leinster have a raft of young ones that`ll never get game time so someone like McCarron could work.

Same as that for me. I don't see anybody announced so far as a natural successor to TH. Not necessarily in style, but quality.

I'd like to see Earls playing in the centre a bit next year too, see if he's got the goods.

Mossie looked handy at FB recently so maybe him and a new crocked SH legend to fill the spaces left by CUllen and Payne?
                            You have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win. A winner hates to lose, but the winner is not afraid of losing. That\'s the difference, that\'s the difference.

- Prof. Willi Railo (sports psychologist)

Comment

Kearney would be a great replacement at FB but sadly he doesn't want to come, at least for now.

The UCD centre Fergus McFadden wouldn't be a bad prospect at IC, although he's a OC by trade.

I'd say we're fine in the Back Row, lenty of talent coming through.
                              Biffo ate my future.

Comment

Working...
                              X