No announcement yet.

Ulster v Munster, Pro12, Sat 2nd January 2016 at 3pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The storm could actually help us to be honest. And we need all the help we can get

Comment

Weather up North at this stage is wet Fri PM and easing off on Sat. Not nailed down exactly when lunchtime/teatime etc. Storm Gertrude is not official yet:smile2: - what's in a name!

Comment

Am hoping to get there. 2 hour drive for me. Still looking for tickets if anyone can't travel.
        "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Ulster team & replacements to face Munster, Guinness PRO12, Kingspan Stadium, Saturday 2nd January 2016 (kick off 3.00pm):
          (15-9): L Ludik, A Trimble, L Marshall, S McCloskey, R Scholes, P Jackson, R Pienaar;
          (1-8): K McCall, R Best (captain), W Herbst, L Stevenson, F van der Merwe, R Diack, C Henry, N Williams;
          Replacements (16-23): R Herring, C Black, R Lutton, A O'Connor, R Wilson, P Marshall, I Humphreys, S Arnold.

Comment

Looks full strength. So much for the camp joe ruining this fixture nonsense
            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Camp Joe is next week - will not interfere with Ulster/Munster's Euro games - basically a Leinster camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
                I watched the game again. It's so frustrating that we played all the rugby. But from the off, we're hoofing it laterally at speed and so it's our backs in to protect and clear out which makes us vulnerable to being turned over. Our forwards are being left out of the game so to speak and are disinterested. It was at 30 minutes, by the time the backs had run the freshness out of themselves that the forwards got into the game. Then with 20 to go, our forwards are in form and the backs are frazzled. There is no synchronisation. We can't play SH rugby with backs not built like forwards and forwards without the speed of backs. We have to find the middle ground and keep it tight and keep 15 men in a game with a plan.
                That leaves us waiting on evolution or a master plan. Oh Jebus, I think I realise what I mean...play Joe style rugby. ****! I don't want that either. How do you play smart rugby without dumbing down the flair and ability of the individual?
                Originally posted by sparks View Post
                Bring back Penney
                Having the backs rucking and then no one able to exploit space might actually be fixed with a style similar to the one Penney had us playing at times with a 2-4-2 split of forwards. I actually think that now we have forwards more capable of playing that type of game than when Penney introduced it. However all the posts on here complaining of second rows hanging out in the tram lines would mean it wouldn't be tolerated. :p
                \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

It's as full strength as we can put out. Payne, Cave and Olding are a week to 10 days away yet.

I'm a bit surprised there's not a bit of rotation - looks like we are expecting Joe to "rest" Paddy for us during the 6Ns.

Comment

MunXV:Conway; RO’Mahony,Saili,RScannell,Amorosino;Keatley,O’Lear y;
                    Kilcoyne,Sherry,Botha;Foley,Chisholm;O’Donoghue,O’ Donnell, Stander Capt.

Replacements: NScannell, JRyan, Sagario, Holland, Copeland,Williams, Bleyendaal,Hurley.

Comment

At least the backrow should be more balanced. JOD moves to 6, for the first time?

I don't see the bench making much of an impact.

Comment

Has anyone heard what the prognosis is with Cronin? Unfortunate that Ryan was just getting up to speed on the tight head side and is now shoehorned back to LHP replacement.

Comment

Zebo rotated/rested for next week? Delighted to see Ronan O'Mahoney getting a start. Pack looks good. Wind and rain please.
                          "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Great to have the TOD back... JOD and CJ to have more fun now...
                            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post
                              MunXV:Conway; RO’Mahony,Saili,RScannell,Amorosino;Keatley,O’Lear y;
                              Kilcoyne,Sherry,Botha;Foley,Chisholm;O’Donoghue,O’ Donnell, Stander Capt.

Replacements: NScannell, JRyan, Sagario, Holland, Copeland,Williams, Bleyendaal,Hurley.
                              Great to see ROM getting a start and faith being kept in Scannell thumbs up for the coach,Hopefully IK will come back stronger,will be interesting to see the backrow.
                              clowns

Comment

Congrats to Duncan Williams he will get his 100th cap if he gets a run,has had 1 or 2 shakey days but as he proved last week he's a cracking player to speed up a game.
                                clowns

Comment

Working...
                                X