Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the point of the TMO?

Comment

Can anyone explain, please, the reasoning behind shortened lineouts in your own 22?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        Can anyone explain, please, the reasoning behind shortened lineouts in your own 22?
        no idea but found this

In your own 22m
        • There will be fewer opposition forwards to put pressure on a clearance.
        • The opposition is likely to be disrupted. They won't expect a shortened lineout in this area of the pitch.
        • But... it's dangerous if it goes wrong. If the ball is lost in the lineout, your defence is poorly positioned to deal with an attack near to your line.

- See more at: http://www.betterrugbycoaching.com/A...tened-lineouts
        Last edited by Pythagoras; 4th-January-2016, 19:16.

Comment

It gives me a major headache.

Comment

Just watched the game for the first time. I think the nadir has been reached and Munster are on the way back up. TOD was incredible when you consider he was 20 minutes back from a, potentially, career ending injury. A small word for everything that Billy Holland brings to the team, lots of unseen stuff but a leader, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              Just watched the game for the first time. I think the nadir has been reached and Munster are on the way back up. TOD was incredible when you consider he was 20 minutes back from a, potentially, career ending injury. A small word for everything that Billy Holland brings to the team, lots of unseen stuff but a leader, no doubt.
              Billy serves his purpose. Will never be a starter but he has the heart, workrate and will plough like a horse when he's called upon.
              Tommy is just a freak of a man but was great piece on Examiner I think or Independent about how he has put on the kgs on his upper body as he thought his upper body strength was lacking for a 7. It seems that we really had a blessing in disguise in 1 way that he missed the RWC. He will tear it up on the harder surfaces in Japan in 4 years no doubt.

Comment

Working...
              X