Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
    That's an absolutely massive assumption
    That's why it's couched in terms like "I wonder", "if", "might"and "if so".

It was Lenihan's comments about Tyler being unable to kick that prompted it. Tyler was benched at Ravenhill and not used. IF I'm right then it MIGHT shed some light on the pressure Keatley has been under and why there has been so little rotation at 10.
    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by bankman View Post
      He does a lot of unseen work , Joe seems to be the only one with eyes for this skill.
      Rugby reports that say that something has been seen or not seen are always interesting to me, because as we know,there are seen seens (a player scroes a great try) and unseen seens (a players presence or leadership influencing a game).

We also know there are seen unseens (e.g. a player doing something under a pile of bodies) and unseen unseens. And if one looks throughout the history of Rugby it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult one.

(Although one distinct advantage for Coaches (and particularly National coaches) is that unseen unseens can be used as the basis for player selection when none of the other seens or unseens are in evidence).
      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

The full match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlK1NkJr88w

Thanks to the uploader in question.

Comment

Duncan tackled like a demon when he came on. Brave lad.
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
            Duncan tackled like a demon when he came on. Brave lad.
            Yes - although gave away a penalty almost immediately he came on. A few more good games might even see him move above Dave Kearney in the popularity(on here) stakes.
            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
              I think my abiding reaction after yesterday's result was Thank Phuq for That!

And Yaay for Mr Chips!
              Cheers Val. Twas a very enjoyable night, only made it out of the scratcher a couple of hours ago. Ended up in the Sunflower, which is just a few hundred yards on a dogleg from St Anne's Cathedral for the next time anyone's around the city again (look it up on google maps, you'll enjoy the signage outside it ). Absolute little gem of a pub that I hadn't been in for donkey's years and pretty much forgot about, but the range of beers is excellent and there's a fair choice of whiskey there as well. Pints are significantly cheaper than in the city centre (Around £4.50 in the Crown, just £3.70 in the Sunflower). Owner was interested in the rugby too, so I was more than happy to talk about it.

Am watching the game now (in stages!), Pienaar was an eejit for reacting to Sherry like that. And the lead up to their try is pure Keystone Kops stuff - the ball clearly comes off Pienaar's boot and is then handled by an Ulster player on the ground, who is in front of Pienaar, and who knocks it forward himself. Three offences in one, but the ref doesn't even bother taking a second look. Tool.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

What time was the piebaar sherry incident.. I missed first half.
                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by bankman View Post
                  He does a lot of unseen work , Joe seems to be the only one with eyes for this skill.
                  How does anyone know he does this work if it is unseen.

Surely by definition unseen work has no witnesses, and thus no one to testify to its occurrence.

I know you were joking btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras View Post
                    Phew!
                    Relieved to know you're not from Cork.
                    Now, please tell me that you're not a Tipp man either!
                    Care to step outside and tell me whats wrong with Tipp. yousir?
                    'twas wicked yousir!

Comment

Originally posted by Surveyor View Post
                      Care to step outside and tell me whats wrong with Tipp. yousir?
                      He is from Tipp so in true Tipp GAA fashion you'd be fighting with yourselves.
                      We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                      Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Originally posted by 5eight View Post
                        O'Leary has been dreadful in the last two games and doesn't seem to have a better level. Why has he not been jeered?
                        He's been dreadful since his Dolphin days, I suppose nothing better is expected of him.
                        We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                        Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                          The conditions were not great he received more than a few difficult passes and he totally outplayed the next in line to Sexton for Ireland - 'average' seems a bit ungenerous - that looked to me like a really good performance.

I didnt think he should have been selected after his wobbles but (whatever about previous calls) Foley got that spot on. If Keatley played like that regularly then 10 would be way down the pecking order in terms of areas in need of improvement.
                          Keatly had the best of the No.10 battle mainly because he kicked his kicks and Jackson did not, and fair play to him. Other than that, there was nothing much in it, and the pair of them looked pretty average fly halves, somewhat short of international quality. To say that he totally outplayed Jackson is a tad over the top. Over a string of recent games Jckson's form has been much better than Keatley's, but was not yesterday.
                          Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Just finished watching it again. The best things about the game were that our pack became stronger as the game went on, especially the back-row, our No.10 grew in confidence (bar the clanger in not finding touch on 79 minutes) and our defence became more and more intelligent and bloody-minded.
                            If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                              What time was the piebaar sherry incident.. I missed first half.
                              I wouldn't look for it and you know what I'm like. You know when someone gives you a nudge at the back of straightened leg and you crumple because your weight was on it? Well, except it was piennar's elbow and and it was a brush of a knee. No amount of slow motioning or stills could make it look remotely something. Piennar's reaction was the catalyst because he is always such a calm player that it was presumed it must have been heinous to get him roused.
                              Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

I think Keatley should just play away matches. Thomond Park is his downfall. I'd give Scannell the next few home ones and Keatley the away ones. It might work.
                                He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X