Ulster v Munster, Pro12, Sat 2nd January 2016 at 3pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
    Ian Keatley.. if I had never seen Munster perform or if I didn't know who the players were and saw them play today, I would have said that it was an average enough performance from him..

But seriously fair fcks to the lad. He genuinely seems like a nice fella. Regardless of form, I don't question that he has ever given anything but his absolute best. Felt like throwing him a fckn parade for his performance today. He most have had a miserable few weeks and you could see him slowly gain confidence today and by the final whistle he was like a fkcn cheshire cat.
    Well done lad.
    The conditions were not great he received more than a few difficult passes and he totally outplayed the next in line to Sexton for Ireland - 'average' seems a bit ungenerous - that looked to me like a really good performance.

I didnt think he should have been selected after his wobbles but (whatever about previous calls) Foley got that spot on. If Keatley played like that regularly then 10 would be way down the pecking order in terms of areas in need of improvement.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
      The Cark crowd never boo their own
      So, it's you Limerick scuts that have been jeering Duncan?
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

One thing that struck me yesterday was Rory Best's lack of leadership. As a hotly tipped candidate for the Irish captaincy, he seemed to me to have had a very bad day at the office.
        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
          One thing that struck me yesterday was Rory Best's lack of leadership. As a hotly tipped candidate for the Irish captaincy, he seemed to me to have had a very bad day at the office.
          Just like Heaslip.
          A lion online, a lamb at home.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
            Thats the Kerry boyos
            clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
              The Cark crowd never boo their own
              Phew!
              Relieved to know you're not from Cork.
              Now, please tell me that you're not a Tipp man either!

Comment

I think Ian Keatley could have done with a bit more rest time and a bit more pressure on the shirt this season.

Tyler B played last week and, according to Donal Lenihan in De Paper, he only kicked the ball once, Scannell doing all the kicking. Lenihan said it may indicative of a groin injury.

And I didn't notice Tyler come off the bench in Ravenhill.

I wonder if Scannell's sudden accumulation of game time might be an acceptance that Tylers's time at Munster is over. If so I personally think it's very disappointing that we might never get to see what he can do.

But it's worth remembering that with Scannell not yet having quite earned the trust of Munster management, and with Tyler in permanent treatment, all the pressure has fallen on Keatley.

It's a shame JJ turned down the opportunity of a contract to play for Munster at 10, he would have been really tested in the position and had he succeeded Joe Schmidt might have been ready for him. Ah well.
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras View Post
                  Phew!
                  Relieved to know you're not from Cork.
                  Now, please tell me that you're not a Tipp man either!
                  You just hurt my feelings.
                  clowns

Comment

Originally posted by 5eight View Post
                    Just like Heaslip.
                    Evidently your Specsavers appointment is due shortly. Although you'll probably need to be referred to an eye surgeon to remove that enormous catatact.
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

I think my abiding reaction after yesterday's result was Thank Phuq for That!

And Yaay for Mr Chips!
                      Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                        Evidently your Specsavers appointment is due shortly. Although you'll probably need to be referred to an eye surgeon to remove that enormous catatact.
                        Your idea of leadership just highlights your previous employment
                        A lion online, a lamb at home.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                          Shure, could you expect any better of them...?
                          Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post

I wonder if Scannell's sudden accumulation of game time might be an acceptance that Tylers's time at Munster is over. If so I personally think it's very disappointing that we might never get to see what he can do.
                            That's an absolutely massive assumption
                            Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by 5eight View Post
                              Your idea of leadership just highlights your previous employment
                              He does a lot of unseen work , Joe seems to be the only one with eyes for this skill.

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
                                That's an absolutely massive assumption
                                In fairness, Rathbaner makes it clear he's speculating - and you can see where he's coming from. However, if you look at Keyop's comments about Scannell as a 12, I think it's not actually the case, just how things panned out in a crisis.
                                Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Working...
                                X