Ulster v Munster, Pro12, Sat 2nd January 2016 at 3pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by upandout View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves he's still not good enough for where we want to be and will likely cost us one of the two stade games
    Yes for where ye want to be. Probably more than an international class 10 needed to get you there. Even if he got the new 10 Keatley would be an important squad player who can also cover 10,12 and 15. Ye will need his services for another while.
    Well done on the win , I'm delighted for Keatley I hope he improves again for the season.
    Great to see Tod on the Gallops again.
    When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by 5eight View Post
      whether he is good enough or not is irrelevant. He deserves respect. Are you good enough for your job? If not will we jeer you?

the man has a family and feelings, just like you.
      Respect is earned its not a right.

If my job was to perform a task in front of paying spectators then I'd expect to be cheered when good and jeered when bad. He's cost Munster a lot by now.

I want to see them do well and so am critical of under performing or inadequate parts of the squad and general set up.

I take no issue with your blind support. Your approach is just as valid as mine we just don't happen to agree and that is ok. I'm not a fan of the applaud underperformance/give every kid a medal on sports day approach. It breeds excuses not winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
        The only thing that keeps out rain like we've had of late is the leather trenchcoat. There may be a little blaxploitation feedback happening as a result...
        Mods please add a WTF button,

So happy with that win! Gwan Keats!

Comment

Originally posted by upandout View Post
          Respect is earned its not a right.

If my job was to perform a task in front of paying spectators then I'd expect to be cheered when good and jeered when bad. He's cost Munster a lot by now.

I want to see them do well and so am critical of under performing or inadequate parts of the squad and general set up.

I take no issue with your blind support. Your approach is just as valid as mine we just don't happen to agree and that is ok. I'm not a fan of the applaud underperformance/give every kid a medal on sports day approach. It breeds excuses not winners.
          So you're another jeerer are you? You seem very proud of those high standards you set for other people, but seemingly not for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
            i didnt realise we were -17 , although todays performance was built primarily on having a better defensive shape. Delighted with the win and hopefully it will give the players a boost of badly needed confidence, sometimes you just need a win to set an upward curve, we will see but today we had a better look about us, we still took wrong options carrying ball too high into contact. Our set piece scrum performed well but lineout was patchy again. Fair play to Keatley for his performance, solid, hit some great touchfinders and kicked his pens and well timed drop goal, keep it up Ian please. Never easy to win in Ulster and to do it with a team under pressure was heartening. Must have been great to have been there as a Munster supporter. Onwards and upwards hopefully.
            Just watched the recording. Keats touchfinders were great, just the extra boost that was missing in his previous games. Roll on SF and Treviso.
            Last edited by aupa les rouges; 3rd-January-2016, 01:04.

Comment

[QUOTE=upandout;1561829]Respect is earned its not a right.

If my job was to perform a task in front of paying spectators then I'd expect to be cheered when good and jeered when bad. He's cost Munster a lot by now. QUOTE

Come on, one maybe two losses weren't helped by Keatleys performances. The Leicester games were his poorest. Munster poor performances should not be blamed on one player.
              I only wish the change of one player could have that effect. It's a squad and managements responsibility.
              Last edited by Benji; 3rd-January-2016, 01:32.
              When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                Jacko is getting better, and better, and better.

Today was the first time I really thought his insane physicality for a 21 year old shone through, there's lots of gifs of him cantering with the ball in open country like a young Wally. Today was far more of an enforcer role.

POM TOD CJ
                Jacko Dave Copeland

our season hangs on the ability of those six Irish lads to impose their wills upon all and sundry. Today was the first time in a while the 4 who were involved looked in form and fully clued in.
                All those backrows and only one 7 - it's one of the main reasons we've struggled I think. TOD is prob our most important player as there is no strength and depth in that position until POM comes back (and he isn't really a 7). No idea what we were trying to do signing Moore when what we really need is another openside.

Glad scannell did well at 12 too - we need somebody else in the backs who can take the ball at first receiver. Hopefully Zeebo can focus on getting on the end of a pass more now that having to give it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
                  To me 3 Munster Players with injuries in similar places looks like first place to investigate would be Munster S&C, however it could well be that it was due to Irish S&C coaching, could be Munster S&C Coaching, could be unrelated altogether, but I think it's still worth considering.

If there is a disjoint between the National and provincial S&C making serious injuries more likely this should be fixed, if it's just down to National S&C this should be fixed, if just provincial should also be fixed.
                  Could be that Munster people don't like bending the knee to anyone☺

Comment

It was a good dogged result yesterday. Scrum was solid, defence class and general commitment could not be faulted.

Line-out was a worry - Sherry was surprisingly erratic and will put that down to a bad day. Think a fit and firing Donnocha Ryan would also help, fingers crossed. Some of the calling seemed questionable in the conditions, a lot of the ball to the back - particularly either side of half time was not the right call..

Breakdown also needs work. All points made about Tommy and the back row are fair but our breakdown play is very erratic. Getting turned over far too easy - breakdown just after scannell streak was a good example of this.... Whole team have a role to play in this...

Back play still needs a lot of work but i don't think it is fair to judge them until you get some confidence back into the side. I like the look of Scannel at 12 and Saili is growing into a leadership role in the backs. Keatley regaining confidence will be essential to this, a step in the right direction but a long road to travel still...

I hope yesterday draws a line in the sand and we can kick on. That was a valiant, albeit flawed effort yesterday. If we can get our injury list down then we should stay in the hunt for a semi spot between now and end of season - whatever happens in ERC is bonus territory for me from here. But a key focus should be on getting Scannel, JOD, Buckley and some other young bucks decent game time....

Comment

Well done to all involved it was a deserved win and an important one, hopefully this performance and vital win kick starts our season again.

Comment

I thought TOD made a massive difference.Very impressed with him.I noticed that lads were trying harder to support Saili. Like the previous sh guys he jinks around and is ferocious.They need someone with them all the time for offloads.Mafi and Tipoki were a fine example..on their own we don't seem to be able to read their game as well.
                        Scannell is looking great in centre..hope he is not injured.
                        Keats played well..at least 3 excellent kicks to touch deep in 22..that's what we want put pressure on opposition keep them down field..then attack.Hope now he will play on from this..nice dg..couple good penalties.
                        SH worries me..TOL back to old habits...don't know why we brought him back...if we want old fellows back should have been Stringer.
                        TOL flaps around instead of doing his job..slow..passing dreadful..
                        Still I was resigned to another loss..we won.Its a start..win next week in France and I might start daring to hope again.
                        One swallow does not make a summer.....hoping confidence will creep back again now.
                        Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

I think the little "Hows your father" with Pineaar was a nice addition. frustrated him a bit. Munster have lacked that bit of dog for a while.

Comment

Sherry's few wobbly throws aside - he looks really sharp and aware of what's round him - breaks really quickly and makes good yards - with him an Cronin in the team they will worry defences and will allow Munster to really develop their pick and drive game when they want to keep it tight. Both of them seem as tough as old boots.
                            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

O'Leary has been dreadful in the last two games and doesn't seem to have a better level. Why has he not been jeered?
                              A lion online, a lamb at home.

Comment

Originally posted by 5eight View Post
                                O'Leary has been dreadful in the last two games and doesn't seem to have a better level. Why has he not been jeered?
                                The Cark crowd never boo their own
                                clowns

Comment

Working...
                                X