Ulster v Munster, Pro12, Sat 2nd January 2016 at 3pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ulster v Munster, Pro12, Sat 2nd January 2016 at 3pm

I feel like a turkey putting up a Christmas dinner thread. But, no matter - the show must go on.

Munster need a performance, and then a win. Personally, I'd target this match and send a second string to Paris, much as that goes against everything that Munster supposedly stands for. But, these are desperate times. Forget Europe this year. If we are hoping to have Europe next season, we need Pro12 points. Nothing else matters.
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Hopefully we can keep the score down

Comment

The only hope is that Schmidt calls up half the Ulster team, after their recent run of good form. So there is no hope.

Comment

Once more unto the breach, which munster halfback pairing will provide the laughs this time
        My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Any word on the ref? I reckon that Deadly Dudley must be in with a shout!
          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Could we have lulled the Ulster lads into a false sense of security with our dismal showings? We could take them unawares as they get over the disappointment of being overlooked for Joe's squad again after Leinster's scintillating win.
            "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
              Could we have lulled the Ulster lads into a false sense of security with our dismal showings? We could take them unawares as they get over the disappointment of being overlooked for Joe's squad again after Leinster's scintillating win.
              No matter how poorly Ulster play, the Ravenhill berserkers will still beat ye! That baying mob is worth a yellow card and five penalties per game.
              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Wouldn't agree with playing lads who are on 4 and sometimes 5 weeks in row. Our a team have looked relatively strong. Picking a few of them seems logical.

Judging by the scannell for Hurley switch once Murray was ruled out I think was Murray was going to be kicking goals. Something which would have been brilliant when keats was struggling. I think it's time to bring a consultant into the coaching team before it's too late. If EOS is available they should bite the bullet and do it

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                  No matter how poorly Ulster play, the Ravenhill berserkers will still beat ye! That baying mob is worth a yellow card and five penalties per game.
                  Yep. We certainly like to think so.

If we get a really good ref then it's a couple of yellows and about 8 penalties. Also, the penalties will be in areas that matter. It's our job.

Comment

We are doomed.

Comment

Look, it's an Interpro. It's Munster at Ravenhill. I've seen too many makeshift Munster teams play with passion and pride and turn us over to be complacent. Add in that we, because of injuries, have maxed the clock on players who need rotated ahead of 3 SDC games and you just never know.

We should have Best and Henry back. If we don't rest Pienaar and Jackson this game then they'll be playing throughout January. It may very well not be a full strength Ulster.

Trimbles 200th Cap btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                        Originally posted by LastKnight View Post
                        Yep. We certainly like to think so.

If we get a really good ref then it's a couple of yellows and about 8 penalties. Also, the penalties will be in areas that matter. It's our job.
                        We don't need your help, thank you very much. We are very capable of coughing up unlimited penalties on our own!
                        "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Originally posted by LastKnight View Post
                          Look, it's an Interpro. It's Munster at Ravenhill. I've seen too many makeshift Munster teams play with passion and pride and turn us over to be complacent. Add in that we, because of injuries, have maxed the clock on players who need rotated ahead of 3 SDC games and you just never know.

We should have Best and Henry back. If we don't rest Pienaar and Jackson this game then they'll be playing throughout January. It may very well not be a full strength Ulster.

Trimbles 200th Cap btw.

Irish camp next week. You won't have any of those.

Comment

Impossible to feel anything towards this game other than creeping dread and utter resignation.

I'm going to it (long since planned), have zero expectations, and I guaranteed I'll still leave disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Muckier Boots View Post
                              I'm going to it (long since planned), have zero expectations, and I guaranteed I'll still leave disappointed.
                              Looking to start the year on a positive note then MB!
                              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X