Conor Murray

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conor Murray

Staying, more likely than not. Certainly aiming to.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/r...er-371745.html
    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Maybe thinking that Sexton's trip to France has put some folk off
    Stand up and fight

Comment

Very positive news. We really need to hang on to what we've got and build from there. Eventually you'd like to think we could bring back Hanrahan and possibly Butler too (although we're more well stocked at 6/8).

Comment

In a dark, dark week - I almost can't believe that! Brilliant if true.
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Fingers crossed it all works out.

Comment

Good nac Conor. Great news. And he just spoke well on RTE about the squad having a point to prove next Sunday as well as quietly referring to the tiny group of supporters who jeered the Keatley substitution.
            "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

If we can hold onto the likes of Murray, it's got be a little easier to attract players to the club.

Also, with the new training centre opening next year (?), another piece of the set-up improves. Despite recent performances, there may be light at the end of the tunnel yet ....
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Seems to me he is negotiating through the Press and says 'he'd like to stay'. edit "I'd love to continue . . ."

Putting the ball firmly in the IRFU's court.

His preference to stay does not mean the IRFU are going to give him what he is looking for.

Comment

while nothing is agreed at least it beats the line " I dont know where ill be playing my rugby next year " , we need to tie down Zebo too , tbh i reckon Zebo will stay

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Murray
                    “I make no bones about it. This is a great club, a great set-up. It’s my home and there’s an unbelievable set-up here. It’s almost a no-brainer, I’d love to continue playing here.”
                    I refuse to believe this. Sure didn't some anonymous poster on here tell me that the camp is very unhappy, the set-up is awful and all the players, especially the lads from Cork, want to leave?

Comment

To be blunt that is as concrete based on what is written as Zebo's apparent move away... He's expressed a preference nothing more.

Don't want be negative just better not setting ourselves for a fall...

Comment

If I were to make a completely uneducated guess I would say Conor has refused a previous IRFU offer, hence the information that come out about him leaving . .

. . .and here we have him clearly letting the IRFU/ Munster Branch know that his preference is to stay, that he would like to.

He does not say 'I am staying'.

Which leads me to believe he is now looking for offers he considers himself deserving of so that he can stay on terms that make sense to him.

I don't blame him 1 bit btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                          If I were to make a completely uneducated guess....
                          I read as far as that and no further.
                          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                            I read as far as that and no further.
                            I was half expecting some extremely obvious witless retort to that sentence.

You didn't fail to disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                              I was half expecting some extremely obvious witless retort to that sentence.

You didn't fail to disappoint.
                              So you knew what you were posting was baseless, but still proceeded? That's delusional.
                              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
                              X