So how can we fix it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
    NO AGENDA....(cue sharp intake of breath, woooosh,) you clearly don't belong here!! :)
    You could be right coach !

Comment

Originally posted by BOK View Post
      It is if it is implemented effectively and you have the skills to do it. Irish coaches (and one in particular, I'll leave you guess that one for yourself) dont seem to think Irish players have that skillset. Therefor an error and risk free game plan in Irish rugby terms is pick and go's, winning penalties and kicking for the corner.
      Having watched both Munster and Leinster fail in basic skills this weekend, do you think that this coach may have a point?
      Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
        Having watched both Munster and Leinster fail in basic skills this weekend, do you think that this coach may have a point?
        I think most of them are far too afraid of making a mistake so go for the easy option of going to ground.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
          I think most of them are far too afraid of making a mistake so go for the easy option of going to ground.
          If players are playing with that much fear then there's an argument they're just not very good rugby players.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            Capital work S9, managing to get more matches in Cork AND JJ come home into one thread so seamlessly, Frank Murphy and Nucifora following on, top fishing.
            I tried my best. ;)

No seriously though. Bringing more matches to Cork makes sense. Is a full stadium in Cork not better than a half empty one in Limerick?
            The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by BOK View Post
              It is if it is implemented effectively and you have the skills to do it. Irish coaches (and one in particular, I'll leave you guess that one for yourself) dont seem to think Irish players have that skillset. Therefor an error and risk free game plan in Irish rugby terms is pick and go's, winning penalties and kicking for the corner.
              blaming schmidt for lack of skills is bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                I tried my best. ;)

No seriously though. Bringing more matches to Cork makes sense. Is a full stadium in Cork not better than a half empty one in Limerick?
                I think you missed the point...
                Whether it's a full or empty stadium, low quality rugby won't be put up with..

Sh!T rugby is sh!t rugby.. Nobody wants to watch it...
                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
                  blaming schmidt for lack of skills is bonkers.
                  I don't think anyone is blaming Schmidt for a lack of skills, they are saying that Schmidt's directive for soulless, dull efficient, rugby has taken the joy out of the game for players and supporters alike. Ireland is trying to play Orc rugby without the power to carry it off, maybe that is why there is such an apocalyptic injury list across the Island.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                    I tried my best. ;)

Depends on the costs. Rest easy though because it'll never happen.
                    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

When a tree falls in an empty stadium, does anyone hear it?
                      I am the million man.

Comment

There is no hope, the hope went out the door to Northampton which was endemic of our culture of conservatism and cronyism. All those "fans" who shot down any and all criticism towards Keatley/Williams/Archer/Hurley with a "get behind the lads" or justified horrific performances because it was "only the Pro 12" got what they deserved in the end. It's too late to be demanding now, the horse has bolted. The club was allowed to coast on ridiculous decisions for years enabled by "it'll come good eventually" mindset and this is the consequence.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          When a tree falls in an empty stadium, does anyone hear it?
                          Yes, but only if Newstalk have Special Effects Microphones on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                            There is no hope ...
                            Click here, my son ... https://www.learnthebible.org/sermon...e-is-gone.html
                            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                              There is no hope, the hope went out the door to Northampton which was endemic of our culture of conservatism and cronyism. All those "fans" who shot down any and all criticism towards Keatley/Williams/Archer/Hurley with a "get behind the lads" or justified horrific performances because it was "only the Pro 12" got what they deserved in the end. It's too late to be demanding now, the horse has bolted. The club was allowed to coast on ridiculous decisions for years enabled by "it'll come good eventually" mindset and this is the consequence.
                              So you are saying we didn't jeer enough players? Interesting
                              My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                                I don't think anyone is blaming Schmidt for a lack of skills, they are saying that Schmidt's directive for soulless, dull efficient, rugby has taken the joy out of the game for players and supporters alike. Ireland is trying to play Orc rugby without the power to carry it off, maybe that is why there is such an apocalyptic injury list across the Island.
                                I think he's playing a game plan that suits the Skill levels of the players at his disposal. Whether you think it's incumbent on him to raise the skill levels during the training camps is another thing.

the dross that Leinster played under MOC paid a huge disservice to the national cause, the sharpness and eye for the game quickly disappeared with Leinster trying to bosh it up, while this worked fine against the minnows in the pro12 it was found out v the big boys.
                                Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Working...
                                X